Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 02-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #15
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Thank you all for the great feed back.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #16
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
PQ,

You send him your tune you have now and 300.00 he will send you your tune back + the tranny tune. While he has your tune you can ask him to look at it with your setup and have him tell you if he see's anything odd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Revo,

You buy the Tuner from him you will get the tune free. The tuner is 399.00 before Camaro5 discount.

http://jreperformanceparts.com/sct-x...10-camaro.html
I already have an SCT tuner.

Problem is my tune isn't on the tuner. I should have set the tuner back to stock before I had him do the dynotune. At least the tuner would be freed up.

But my tune is on and EFI system at my tuners shop. Not even sure if it can be put on an SCT without being rewritten, or whatever.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #17
eodtech72
EOD

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Just ordered a tune from Ted after reading this and countless other threads on how well his tunes work. I'll post feedback once I get it installed. And thanks for the great info OBSSEST.
eodtech72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #18
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I already have an SCT tuner.

Problem is my tune isn't on the tuner. I should have set the tuner back to stock before I had him do the dynotune. At least the tuner would be freed up.

But my tune is on and EFI system at my tuners shop. Not even sure if it can be put on an SCT without being rewritten, or whatever.
you can upload your tune onto the SCT then download it to your laptop and email it to Ted. plus you can datalog a few runs and he can look at everything to see if it needs ant tweeking...
Old 02-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #19
OBSSEST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Black
Still nothing but a big smile on my face.

I live in the foothills and we have some good inclines on the highway. I did some casual driving today and found that with just a light throttle the trans stayed in 4th or 5th gear like it should to keep me in the 2500 RPM range going uphill. So nice to not have to goose the throttle to get the car do downshift from 6th gear every 10 seconds.

Oh, and did I mention that AFM is garbage?

You will never know how nice it is to drive an L99 until you turn it off. When you're 80, will you be excited to tell your grandkids how back in the day you kept your 100k warranty intact? Or would you rather tell them how you used to roast 'em at the local drag strip every now and again?
OBSSEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #20
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Jannetty JRE Street Package installed on mine and tuned by Ted Jannetty when I brought my Camaro to Jannetty Racing, I absolutely love it, the car is a beast.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #21
aet08

Drives: c
haha i completely forgot about the DOD i've had it off for so long. ya that shit was VERY annoying.
aet08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #22
eodtech72
EOD

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Now that is service....
I emailed my stock L99 tune to Ted at 4:23 pm and had my tune emailed to me at 4:37 pm. I only have cai and catback but that's still lightning fast. The tune is already installed and I got a chance to drive the car for a few minutes when I went to pick up dinner. I have to say the trans tune is awesome. Didn't get a chance to get on in much because of traffic but it feels great so far.
Thanks again Ted....
eodtech72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:40 AM   #23
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG View Post
you can upload your tune onto the SCT then download it to your laptop and email it to Ted. plus you can datalog a few runs and he can look at everything to see if it needs ant tweeking...
Actually he can't because the tuner already has his factory tune on it since he did not return to stock before having it tune with HPtuners or EFI live.

But I can Write a tune from Scratch from his factory tune with a Mod List.

Ted.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #24
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG View Post
That's what I mean by should have set the tuner back to stock. My SCT Tuner thinks it's the tune in the car. In order to use the tuner, I have to set the car back to stock first. Becasue it thinks that the car is still tuned with the custom tune on the tuner. And if I go back to stock, I have to call my guy in Jacksonville and have him send the tune via e-mail, BUT he doesn't use SCT. He uses EFI Live. So I'd have to buy another tuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Actually he can't because the tuner already has his factory tune on it since he did not return to stock before having it tune with HPtuners or EFI live.

But I can Write a tune from Scratch from his factory tune with a Mod List.

Ted.

So, in order for me to get my tranny tuned, I have to do the whole thing, right?
Old 02-17-2011, 09:36 AM   #25
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
That's what I mean by should have set the tuner back to stock. My SCT Tuner thinks it's the tune in the car. In order to use the tuner, I have to set the car back to stock first. Becasue it thinks that the car is still tuned with the custom tune on the tuner. And if I go back to stock, I have to call my guy in Jacksonville and have him send the tune via e-mail, BUT he doesn't use SCT. He uses EFI Live. So I'd have to buy another tuner.

So, in order for me to get my tranny tuned, I have to do the whole thing, right?
Correct.

Ted.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #26
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Correct.

Ted.
Well, that just sux.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #27
StlRomAniaN

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Well, that just sux.

Wait, you don't have your tranny tuned yet?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:39 AM   #28
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Yeah I keep telling him PQ is an IDIOT
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote