Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-16-2023, 10:59 AM   #1
Fynecs

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Unhappy 2010 Camaro LT 3.6L Questions

Hello,

I’ve got a 2010 Chevy Camaro LT V6 and I’m wanting to do some upgrades.

Where should I get a 160 degree thermostat? Is the Radiator Cap what’s rated for 160 degrees or do I need to install the whole thermostat?

It needs new shocks. What kind should I do if it’s my daily driver and where should I get them?

What’s a good Air Intake Filter to get?

Are there any recommended upgrades I should get?
Fynecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 11:23 AM   #2
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
I have a 2010 camaro 1lt with the v6. I added the airair inatek setup that used the factory box as i did not want a hot air intake. For shocks kyb makes decent set of struts for daily driver use. i did a rev 9 exhaust on mine and it sounds great...hope this helped some. id be sure if your close to 100k check spark plugs and get a decent catch can...
Old 08-16-2023, 12:50 PM   #3
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
First off since it is a 2010, and depending on how many miles are on it, I would change out the spark plugs for sure. Next you should get a good catch can because these engines are bad about oil in the intake. I run an RX can and it does a great job, there are many out there to choose from. As for a CAI, that depends on how much money you want to spend, but they are not necessary, as a good K&N drop in filter will do the same, more air flow. As for the shocks and struts, I am still running stock AC Delco OEM's, nothing wrong with them. Only replace them front and back once to date, and I have 129k miles on her. Oh, and on the thermostat, if you want a 160 one, you can get one from Summit Racing. Got mine there. The radiator cap is pressure sealed.
Old 08-16-2023, 03:49 PM   #4
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
I like that air filter in my sig.

A 160 absolutely sucks in the winter time and i would just go with a stock unit. I would replace the anti freeze tho and fair warning, these radiators love to trap air. Pay attention to the rad cap since they come apart as the get older and the seal loves to go flat and leak.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 08:12 AM   #5
ejgoodrich

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
2010 Chevy Camaro loss of power

Hey guys,
I was wondering if you guys could help me out. the other day the car turned on and had a loss of power for all gears and wouldn’t go over 60mph nor over 2000 rpm. Then I let it sit for a couple hours and let it sit then a strong gas smell came through all the AC vents and when I turned it on it started driving fine again but I noticed it doesn’t sound the same and when it comes on sometimes it turns on weaker than normal. I have a 2010
ejgoodrich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010, partshelp, upgrades