Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-26-2014, 08:50 PM   #337
Cymaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT2/RS
Whats up with the white Colorado in the link that Fen posted? It looks like a long bed crew but doesn't it look kinda funny?
Cymaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:58 PM   #338
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I don't think so. It's just a Crew Cab Long Box.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:00 PM   #339
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymaro View Post
Whats up with the white Colorado in the link that Fen posted? It looks like a long bed crew but doesn't it look kinda funny?
Yep...just the long box...and yes I do think it looks a bit off so that's why I'd get a short box like I have now on my 06.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #340
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'm with ya...I don't want a fullsize...even if they are heavily discounted. The Colorado is perfect for me. I currently drive a 2006 4 door 4x4 and I plan to get the same thing in the new generation. Sometimes just a bit more bed space would be nice, but its not a big issue for me. I almost wish instead of the new short bed and long bed versions, they just offered one in between the two! I like the looks of the short bed, so that's what I plan to be getting when the time comes....could be awhile.

Lots of talk above about why would you get a Colorado/Canyon when you can get a Silverado/Sierra for 8 grand off MSRP? That is a good question, but don't you think GM will also be offering year end savings on the mid size trucks too? Yes I realize it won't be 8 grand in savings, but I'm guessing a good 2 - 4 grand off their MSRP as well. Anyone disagree with me on this? You have to compare apples to apples.

I think it would be pretty ridiculous of GM to offer their 40+ thousand dollar Silverado's for low 30s at year end pricing, but offer ZERO discount on say a 30 thousand dollar Canyon. If they don't want to sell any, then I guess this is how they should do it.
Im sure there will be discounts on the Canyon/Colorado as well. Without knowing anything let me run down my scenario.

This is what I want/need in my future truck. Crew Cab, 4x4, & some Pretty basic stuff, if I can find one with some extras great but those are the minimum things I want in my truck.

Lets just say if a F-150 or GMC (sorry silverado isn't on my list just don't care for the looks) with what I want can be had for 33ish with discounts. both trucks are close to 16/23MPG(gmc being better)

now lets say the canyon with what I want comes in at like 32K MSRP only has 2K in incentives and can be had for 30K and is only rated at like 18/26 That IMO is going to be hard for me to pick the Canyon over a full size, when its not that much better fuel mileage wise.

That's why I said unless it blows away full size trucks in mileage, like if they can some how squeeze 22/30 out of it I would still lean to the full size
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #341
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Drives: 2014 Blue Topaz Silverado
Decided not to wait. Picked up a 2014 double cab 4 wheel drive Silverado today. Blue Topaz, not my Imperial Blue SS but will have to do for now.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:54 AM   #342
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
either they rolled out the truck too early or info on it is coming out like molasses!! I would think by now we should have some specs on MPG and hp/tq numbers by now and possible price? I am hoping that they will not suffocate this truck to an early demise being priced a mere thousands below a full size and the MPG would hope to be closer to 30 or what is the point?
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:58 AM   #343
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes SS View Post
either they rolled out the truck too early or info on it is coming out like molasses!! I would think by now we should have some specs on MPG and hp/tq numbers by now and possible price? I am hoping that they will not suffocate this truck to an early demise being priced a mere thousands below a full size and the MPG would hope to be closer to 30 or what is the point?
Still way too early for pricing. Should be able to order one starting in Sept so expect something then.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:59 AM   #344
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
It's going to be mere thousands less than a full size.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:08 AM   #345
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Buddy of mine just got a Silverado crew cab 4x4 5.3 and they knocked like 8k off the MSRP.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:28 AM   #346
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Just yesterday i went and filled out an application for assembler.
What i thought was to be on the assembly line here in Wentzville Mo.
It seems atleast initially the application is to assemble seats, and maybe move to
other stations. I am hoping it all works out and i get a phone call to be interviewed.
So i may have a hand in part of the new Generation of Colorado's and Canyon's.

Wish me luck guys and gals ~

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:52 AM   #347
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver85IrocZ View Post
Just yesterday i went and filled out an application for assembler.
What i thought was to be on the assembly line here in Wentzville Mo.
It seems atleast initially the application is to assemble seats, and maybe move to
other stations. I am hoping it all works out and i get a phone call to be interviewed.
So i may have a hand in part of the new Generation of Colorado's and Canyon's.

Wish me luck guys and gals ~
Good luck. That would be an awesome job.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:32 AM   #348
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
It's going to be mere thousands less than a full size.
I hope you are wrong unless you mean a fully loaded crew cab is close to a base price full sizer
Old 05-06-2014, 11:01 AM   #349
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
I hope you are wrong unless you mean a fully loaded crew cab is close to a base price full sizer
Basically. A crew cab silverado 1WT starts at 34,795 I believe. 37 for an LT.

I just built a fully loaded Tacoma, and it just came in at a hair under 35,000. I have no doubt that the Colorado/Canyon that I would be interested in, would be any less than 35k at this point.

Now if it was me, i wouldn't look at a fully loaded mid size and compare it to a full size that has no features on it. My full size silverado price came in at around 47,000 which is more than I spent on my camaro. Notgonnahappen

For me, this is obvious that I wouldn't trade up to a full size. I want the features that come with a fully loaded car. But some guys would have a difficult time for sure.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:08 AM   #350
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I figure pricing will be similar to Malibu vs Impala, rather than say Spark vs Impala. The Colorado will be a bit cheaper (though maybe not with all the incentives being piled onto the Silverado) but a laser focus on price kinda misses the point, IMO. Its a smaller truck for people who don't want/need a big truck. And it will end up being cheaper (if not through MSRP, then at least through fuel costs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Absolutely no way they'll be that different in price. Even a loaded Frontier about 10k more expensive than a base Silverado. I don't know who would actually pay 35,000 for a loaded Nissan Frontier ... but thats the pricing on them
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote