Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-07-2015, 11:50 AM   #1
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Question about optional body parts and exhaust

I've accepted the fact that performance in a V6 just isnt there. I'm not going to go and buy a supercharger and do all kinds of things to the engine, because i frankly dont have the money to do it. So, I'll leave the performance as is. I wanted to enhance the exterior with a few things.

I wanted the spoiler from the SS-Z/28 because its looks better than the RS spoiler. A front air splitter, black rocker panels and twin exhaust tips for the exhaust. I know i can buy an entire exhaust system with the dual exhaust tips. The dealer said i can buy a NPP (i believe its called) and have it installed. I found a website where i can just buy the tips themselves, which i prefer, but dont know if they are bolt on or if there is any kind of modification that needs to be done to the exhaust itself.

I type in any of that in a search engine and i get a million different places to buy from without knowing which are reputable and which arent. I'm not the most handy when it comes to adding or installing things, so I would have to go to a shop in the Atlanta area to have the parts installed. All the pieces would be black or carbon because it would look good on Bee rather than the standard matching yellow. To give a visual of what i mean, think of all the exterior pieces that go on a Z/28, thats what I'm looking to put on Bee.

Any help is good help.
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:18 PM   #2
dantemcc

Wait a min here... All these signatures and avatars with these bad ass looking Camaro's with great exterior mods, and no one can point me in a good direction to upgrade mine? Why yall being stingy with the good?!?!? lol
Old 06-08-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
Strange Flavor

Drives: 17 Fifty SS, 11 2SS, 91 LSX C1500
I don't think you can change just the tips of the regular non NPP mufflers. There's very little room to cut those off and weld new ones on. You would have to change the whole muffler.
Strange Flavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:44 PM   #4
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Spoiler and wing king has the replica Z28 spoiler ($109 painted and shipped). I just did mine. It's easy. If you have the stock RS one, all you have to do is remove it and replace. Piece of cake. The other aero is available from the Z28. Not cheap though.

Tools
Patience
10mm deep socket
Long magnetic Philips head screwdriver
Cold beverages

Before

During

After

Front 3/4 shot

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:14 PM   #5
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Drives: 2017 1SS Camaro/6 speed
My axleback is MRT V1, I replaced the diffuser to the dual-mode diffuser and bought the quad tips from eBay for $130, and had the shop cut and weld the quad tips for $120 labor. For splitter and side skirts, I purchased the ACS, 700$ shipped from Canada.

For the spoiler, I bought the one the guy ^^^ recommend you, very nice quality, I compared it to a real Z28 and found no difference.
Attached Images

hzisfrom1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:42 PM   #6
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hzisfrom1994 View Post
My axleback is MRT V1, I replaced the diffuser to the dual-mode diffuser and bought the quad tips from eBay for $130, and had the shop cut and weld the quad tips for $120 labor. For splitter and side skirts, I purchased the ACS, 700$ shipped from Canada.

For the spoiler, I bought the one the guy ^^^ recommend you, very nice quality, I compared it to a real Z28 and found no difference.
how the hell did you get your factory halos to change colors?
Old 06-08-2015, 09:48 PM   #7
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Because they aren't factory
Homeless Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:22 AM   #8
dantemcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon War Horse View Post
Spoiler and wing king has the replica Z28 spoiler ($109 painted and shipped). I just did mine. It's easy. If you have the stock RS one, all you have to do is remove it and replace. Piece of cake. The other aero is available from the Z28. Not cheap though.

Tools
Patience
10mm deep socket
Long magnetic Philips head screwdriver
Cold beverages

Before

During

After

Front 3/4 shot
Do they give you any instructions of how to remove and install? That spoiler looks good on your car.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:37 AM   #9
dantemcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzisfrom1994 View Post

Dam that looks good. You had to change the diffuser? The dealership that i got my car from said the current diffuser would work with the quad tip exhaust.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:06 AM   #10
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
Dam that looks good. You had to change the diffuser? The dealership that i got my car from said the current diffuser would work with the quad tip exhaust.
U had to ask the dealership that? Take a picture of it so we can see
Old 06-09-2015, 08:21 AM   #11
dantemcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
U had to ask the dealership that? Take a picture of it so we can see
Yea. I thought all the diffusers were the same. I didnt realize they were different for different models until they told me. I'd rather ask than assume because i dont want to damage or break anything.

I hope this pic will help out. I wont be back home until Friday to take a better pic if this one doesnt work.
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2015, 08:53 AM   #12
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Yea quad tips won't fit with that diffuser. You would need another one. They are not expensive. On my 2011 it was $100 and easy to switch out the diffuser myself.
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2015, 09:05 AM   #13
dantemcc

Grrrr, okay. I found this one, but wasnt sure if it would fit quads as it says its just an upgraded one, but will fit all versions of the Camaro. So I'm assuming it will. Key word being assuming.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:13 AM   #14
dantemcc

Just ordered the new SS Black spoiler and they told me i should have it by Thursday. Thanks Demon War Horse the link to the spoiler. Now if i could just get the rest in order. Buying the rest of the items, would people recommend going to a dealer or show to have them installed? Or are the other items, sands the exhaust of course, simple and easy enough to install?