Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-24-2020, 05:45 AM   #1
Igarbitt

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
HELP 2010 camaro vibration

Hey guys so I have a issue with my 2010 rs Camaro. It’s obviously a v6 and it’s a manual. It’s at about 85k miles and when I bought it it ran fine but about 2 months ago this issue started. I was at a red light engine was still semi-cold and I shifted into first and probably have to much push for it still being cold but all of a sudden I felt a small vibration throughout the car and ever since then I feel it. It’s nothing crazy but I definitely feel not only my body vibrating a bit but can also see the hood vibrating a little more than normal. It happens when I’m at idle and basically anywhere bellow 2k rpms sometime a little higher. Can also see the stick shifter moving a lot more than normal and vibrating more too. Also when I’m at a stop and have it in neutral I can here a slight tick/baby knock sound but then when I compress the clutch it stops almost like it’s hitting something. I’ve been driving it like this for 2 months I took it to the ford dealership because I have a warranty through them(I know stupid but I bought it used at a ford dealership) and they said they couldn’t figure out what it was and their computer can’t read Chevy engines. So I’m looking for help the only thing I’ve done is an oil change and ran injector cleaner through the engine but still no big change. It’s definitely not a motor mount because the engine isn’t moving an insane amount it’s almost like the car is always running rough. Any help would be appreciated
Igarbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:39 AM   #2
Domangue418

Drives: 2013 camaro SS
U mentioned that the Ford cpu can’t read Chevy engines. Is ur check engine light on? If so any local automotive parts store can read it for u. If u can jack the car up on a rack I would look at all ur bushings. I would definitely let a professional look at it ASAP. If u have a warranty now is the time to find out if u bought a lemon. Ford is going to give u the run around due to they would be responsible. They will dick u around till warranty is over and say sorry about ur luck
Domangue418 is offline   Reply With Quote