Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-04-2016, 04:39 PM   #1
EFI Tuning

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
EFI Tuning LLC next project

It's disappointing people are having to put off tuning for warranty purposes. Half the fun of a car like this is modding. In a couple of weeks I will begin development of a product that will help out some of you that need to stay with the stock tune but still want to take advantage of bolt-on modifications and get more out of them than the stock tune will allow. I will be protecting my IP (ie. patent) on this one so I can't divulge the specifics but it will be very slick in operation and be something representative of 2016 not 1996 in operation.

I still need to work through some details but Flex Fuel may even be possible without touching the ECM in any way. Will it be the optimized full tune implementation? No. Will there be benefits? Absolutely.

This project is of a much larger scope than the AFM modules but I will be modularizing the design to get the core capability working first followed by the bells and whistles.

Tim
EFI Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 05:47 PM   #2
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
way back when, we used to glass bead the resistors on the MAF to adjust the readings... I worked for Amdahl back then, made plug compatible mainframe chips. A simple MAS translator would be nice, a gain or loss vibratory circuit over three ranges.... you know EE 101 stuff.. Man do I miss the 8008 and Z80 for simple programing in assembler.

I'm thinking 80s though, a programable 3 position MHrz circuit via Android WiFI would be nice...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 06:04 PM   #3
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 06:49 PM   #4
shags

Drives: 2016 SS Garnet Red A8
nice.. tuning is just so expensive now a days.. 500 for tuner then 400 for tunes ugh.. then parts.. but it's worth it im sure
shags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:07 PM   #5
solobaric

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Subscribed!
solobaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:32 PM   #6
EFI Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
way back when, we used to glass bead the resistors on the MAF to adjust the readings... I worked for Amdahl back then, made plug compatible mainframe chips. A simple MAS translator would be nice, a gain or loss vibratory circuit over three ranges.... you know EE 101 stuff.. Man do I miss the 8008 and Z80 for simple programing in assembler.

I'm thinking 80s though, a programable 3 position MHrz circuit via Android WiFI would be nice...
Oldman you are showing your age! LOL What I am planning is much more sophisticated and should really impress the no tune crowd.

Tim
Old 12-06-2016, 02:44 PM   #7
thescout6

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post
It's disappointing people are having to put off tuning for warranty purposes. Half the fun of a car like this is modding. In a couple of weeks I will begin development of a product that will help out some of you that need to stay with the stock tune but still want to take advantage of bolt-on modifications and get more out of them than the stock tune will allow. I will be protecting my IP (ie. patent) on this one so I can't divulge the specifics but it will be very slick in operation and be something representative of 2016 not 1996 in operation.

I still need to work through some details but Flex Fuel may even be possible without touching the ECM in any way. Will it be the optimized full tune implementation? No. Will there be benefits? Absolutely.

This project is of a much larger scope than the AFM modules but I will be modularizing the design to get the core capability working first followed by the bells and whistles.

Tim

In regards to your patent, it doesn't matter if you tell us. You have 1 year from your publishing of information to file an application and maintain priority. Plus when you do patent it, it will become public knowledge anyway. I think you mean to say that it is currently a trade secret? Sorry I'm an IP lawyer and this gets me with inventors sometimes although don't take my statement as advice. Otherwise, really looking forward to your developments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thescout6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:45 PM   #8
EFI Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescout6 View Post
In regards to your patent, it doesn't matter if you tell us. You have 1 year from your publishing of information to file an application and maintain priority. Plus when you do patent it, it will become public knowledge anyway. I think you mean to say that it is currently a trade secret? Sorry I'm an IP lawyer and this gets me with inventors sometimes although don't take my statement as advice. Otherwise, really looking forward to your developments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will PM you soon. I'd love to get a better understanding if you wouldn't mind chatting. I'll pay for your time. I want to make sure I do things properly.

Thank you,
Tim
Old 12-06-2016, 02:51 PM   #9
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Piggyback ECU?
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 03:08 PM   #10
EFI Tuning

No. But it will address some real limitations when you can't tune.

Tim
Old 12-06-2016, 04:40 PM   #11
oldman

gm performace ecu....
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:45 PM   #12
oldman

double post
Old 12-06-2016, 05:37 PM   #13
Perdieu

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Grey Auto 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post
No. But it will address some real limitations when you can't tune.

Tim
will it open up all of the 2017 tables LOL
Perdieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:28 PM   #14
EFI Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdieu View Post
will it open up all of the 2017 tables LOL
I wish I could do that. Believe me!

The 2017 ECM in HP Tuners is on par with the 2016. The TCM is the problem
child at the moment.