Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-08-2018, 10:43 AM   #1
dlc

Drives: red 2011 camaro ls
manual trany

On a 2011 camaro, will the MN6 trans work with a V6? the AY6 is a hunk of junk!
dlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:57 PM   #2
CookieCk

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlc View Post
On a 2011 camaro, will the MN6 trans work with a V6? the AY6 is a hunk of junk!
MN6 is in the V6. And the V8. MN6 is just a generic 6-speed manual transmission code, not specific to which transmission it is. The SS camaro specific transmission code is I believe M10. And the ZL1 is MG9 I think. Both use the Tremec TR6060, just with a bit different setup.

Now as for swapping a Tremec TR6060 into the V6 Camaro(if that was what you intended to ask about), as far as I know nobody has actually accomplished it. It's been discussed on here plenty of times if you use the search tool. To sum it up, the Camaro tr6060s won't work, bell housing along with quite a few other parts are too different.

But the small light of hope I've seen is that GM did use the tremec tr6060 transmission with basically the same v6 engine in the newer Cadillac ATS-V. It's got a twin turbo engine based off the LFX(which itself is based of the LLT thats in your 2011 V6 Camaro, the LFX is in the 2012+ V6 Camaros), so theoretically that version of the Tremec TR6060 should mate right up to the V6 in the Camaros. But again, haven't seen anybody actually accomplish this yet, so good luck finding any real info about it.
CookieCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 01:35 AM   #3
dlc

Drives: red 2011 camaro ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCk View Post
MN6 is in the V6. And the V8. MN6 is just a generic 6-speed manual transmission code, not specific to which transmission it is. The SS camaro specific transmission code is I believe M10. And the ZL1 is MG9 I think. Both use the Tremec TR6060, just with a bit different setup.

Now as for swapping a Tremec TR6060 into the V6 Camaro(if that was what you intended to ask about), as far as I know nobody has actually accomplished it. It's been discussed on here plenty of times if you use the search tool. To sum it up, the Camaro tr6060s won't work, bell housing along with quite a few other parts are too different.

But the small light of hope I've seen is that GM did use the tremec tr6060 transmission with basically the same v6 engine in the newer Cadillac ATS-V. It's got a twin turbo engine based off the LFX(which itself is based of the LLT thats in your 2011 V6 Camaro, the LFX is in the 2012+ V6 Camaros), so theoretically that version of the Tremec TR6060 should mate right up to the V6 in the Camaros. But again, haven't seen anybody actually accomplish this yet, so good luck finding any real info about it.
That was just the kind of info I've been searching for. Very helpful, thanks.
dlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:16 AM   #4
theflea42
#938 of 1524

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition Camaro
I believe the Tremec t56 magnum is the same as the tr6060, but it has a removable bell housing. So you could get one of those and whatever bell housing you need to fit the back of your motor and have a darn near bulletproof transmission.
theflea42 is offline   Reply With Quote