Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-19-2018, 09:31 AM   #827
dpeterson7

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS - Imperial Blue Met.
All done. Hardest part of the install was definitely shoving all the wires behind the radio, even after cutting out that middle support. Routing the reverse camera RCA was actually fairly easy, i mounted it right above the license plate (please excuse how dirty it is, winter just hit my area and and the car eaters are all over). Overall I'm happy with the kit, only small complaints i have are the chime was unbearably loud at first until i wrapped it in electrical tape, also i miss the knob for volume. I'll get over that eventually. I love having both the rear camera and sensors now, and Apple CarPlay is better than most factory radios IMO, especially the factory MyLink. I was also able to get the buttons on the head unit to match the factory ambient lighting.
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2018, 09:48 AM   #828
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeterson7 View Post
All done. Hardest part of the install was definitely shoving all the wires behind the radio, even after cutting out that middle support. Routing the reverse camera RCA was actually fairly easy, i mounted it right above the license plate (please excuse how dirty it is, winter just hit my area and and the car eaters are all over). Overall I'm happy with the kit, only small complaints i have are the chime was unbearably loud at first until i wrapped it in electrical tape, also i miss the knob for volume. I'll get over that eventually. I love having both the rear camera and sensors now, and Apple CarPlay is better than most factory radios IMO, especially the factory MyLink. I was also able to get the buttons on the head unit to match the factory ambient lighting.
Nice!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:21 PM   #829
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:

Looks good. I was kind of hoping to get the reverse lines on my radio with the Gen5DIY split harness. Unfortunately it just splits the video signal, and not the lines that are in the rear view mirror on the ‘12s.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:42 PM   #830
dpeterson7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
Looks good. I was kind of hoping to get the reverse lines on my radio with the Gen5DIY split harness. Unfortunately it just splits the video signal, and not the lines that are in the rear view mirror on the ‘12s.
The lines are actually from the camera itself, and the head unit even came with its own lines. The screen looked like a box of crayons with how many colors and lines there were before i turned the head unit lines off.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:28 PM   #831
45thCamaro

Quote:
The lines are actually from the camera itself, and the head unit even came with its own lines. The screen looked like a box of crayons with how many colors and lines there were before i turned the head unit lines off.

I didn’t notice my head unit having its own lines. They must have changed it in 2013 with the mylink
Old 11-26-2018, 05:23 PM   #832
45thCamaro

Just thought I’d update this, the Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX has its first update, version 1.01. Did the update this morning, took about 10 minutes. Didn’t really play around too much but didn’t see much of a change.

Side note: has anyone noticed when playing CarPlay if an incoming notification comes in, does it mute al the audio from playing and then resume once the notification noise is done?
Old 11-26-2018, 07:40 PM   #833
dpeterson7

Quote:
Just thought I’d update this, the Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX has its first update, version 1.01. Did the update this morning, took about 10 minutes. Didn’t really play around too much but didn’t see much of a change.

Side note: has anyone noticed when playing CarPlay if an incoming notification comes in, does it mute al the audio from playing and then resume once the notification noise is done?
Doesn't mute all my audio, but when I'm using maps on CarPlay it will bring my music to a whisper when Siri talks (which is also pretty loud even at 1 volume).
Old 12-24-2018, 07:06 PM   #834
killercamaro23

Drives: 2012 camaro 2LS
Hey guys, I have a question. I bought my sister the Scosche kit and the Atoto a6. Will that work out or not? Will I need any other parts to make it work? If not, what can I replace the Atoto kit for that's android based or something very similar? Thank you so much and Merry Christmas!!

250lb weight reduction !!!
killercamaro23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:21 PM   #835
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercamaro23 View Post
Hey guys, I have a question. I bought my sister the Scosche kit and the Atoto a6. Will that work out or not? Will I need any other parts to make it work? If not, what can I replace the Atoto kit for that's android based or something very similar? Thank you so much and Merry Christmas!!

Can I ask how the reviews on this radio are? Just by googling it, i have a feeling your not getting a quality product. I remember when I thought about upgrading the radio years ago, the 2 kits that were out st the time where nothing but problems. Scosche and Metra were those two kits.
Old 12-27-2018, 12:21 PM   #836
killercamaro23

Drives: 2012 camaro 2LS
Quote:
Can I ask how the reviews on this radio are? Just by googling it, i have a feeling your not getting a quality product. I remember when I thought about upgrading the radio years ago, the 2 kits that were out st the time where nothing but problems. Scosche and Metra were those two kits.
I feel like those are only 2 kits for the camaro unless you go with factory touch screen which is 1200 or something stupid lol. any suggestion would help. what are you using?

250lb weight reduction !!!
killercamaro23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:18 PM   #837
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
There actually three out now. Scosche, PAC and Metra. I have the revised Scosche 2.0 and love it. None of the issues the first version had.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:24 PM   #838
45thCamaro

I have the pac kit. Looks the most like factory if I had to say so.

Does the scosche 2.0 kit look the same as the previous one?
Old 12-27-2018, 02:34 PM   #839
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
I have the pac kit. Looks the most like factory if I had to say so.

Does the scosche 2.0 kit look the same as the previous one?
It's similar. The difference is that instead of one touch screen and buttons on the lower part of the kit, theres two touch screens.

Old 12-27-2018, 02:41 PM   #840
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
It's similar. The difference is that instead of one touch screen and buttons on the lower part of the kit, theres two touch screens.

Cool thanks for the update. I wish both kits didn’t have the radio recessed into the dash as far. My issue with the pac kit is that the opening fits a 7” screen but I can’t open the screen on my radio because of the tight clearance.