Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
camarofanatic

Drives: 2010 camaro
Sad day for detroit muscle.. Corvette next to be axed?

http://autos.aol.com/article/car-new...se/20090429001

i couldnt believe it when i read this article it brought a tear to my eye no chance of seeing a firebird again but for them to call off corvette and the camaro makes me cry

im only 19 and would love to travel back to the muscle car era...i wish i could live those American Graffiti and Two Lane Black Top days...wow i guess thats just a fantasy

i mentioned to my friends how cool it is to see the Big 3 rolling out detriot muscle challengers mustangs and camaros on the street what a sight but i guess it will be a short lived sight

as i tell my friends you cant drop a big block into a honda then they ask whats a big block it seems that japenese tuners are taking over and the muscle cars are fading PLEASE DONT LET THIS HAPPEN!!!!!! i do respect tuners that put up good numbers but i grew up around rear wheel drive no traction muscle cars...i miss my 69 camaro

sorry for the rant lets hope that the camaro legend doesnt die out because of this economy

Last edited by camarofanatic; 05-01-2009 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Rephrasing
Old 04-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Take it easy my friend. That article is a rant full of wanton speculation. The Corvette is a class leader in terms of economy, efficiency, safety and one of the best examples of american technology on the road. And all that at half the price of most of its competition.

The key word here is "competition." The Camaro is every bit as competitive in its price range and class of vehicle.

Will there be changes ahead, more than likely yes. But only time and proper engineering will really tell the whole story.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
vm1971

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarofanatic View Post
http://autos.aol.com/article/car-new...se/20090429001

i couldnt believe it when i read this article it brought a tear to my eye no chance of seeing a firebird again but for them to call off corvette and the camaro makes me cry

im only 19 and would love to travel back to the muscle car era...i wish i could live those American Graffiti and Two Lane Black Top days...wow i guess thats just a fantasy

i mentioned to my friends how cool it is to see the Big 3 rolling out detriot muscle challengers mustangs and camaros on the street what a sight but i guess it will be a short lived sight

as i tell my friends you cant drop a big block into a honda then they ask whats a big block it seems that jap tuners are taking over and the muscle cars are fading PLEASE DONT LET THIS HAPPEN!!!!!! i do respect certain tuners that put up good numbers but i grew up around rear wheel drive no traction muscle cars...i miss my 69 camaro

sorry for the rant lets hope that the camaro legend doesnt die out because of this economy
yeah, chill. speculation / rant / opinion.

ease up, cowboy!
Old 04-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
camarofanatic

Drives: 2010 camaro
lol i can let my emotion get the best of me its sad to think that one day there might not be a thing such as a v8 engine lol imagine a hybrid corvette
Old 04-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
vm1971

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarofanatic View Post
lol i can let my emotion get the best of me its sad to think that one day there might not be a thing such as a v8 engine lol imagine a hybrid corvette
as long as there are peeps like us there will ALWAYS be a V8.
Govt. or NOT -
its just NOT gonna go down that way! im way optimistic, but someone's gotta be! i was raised on V8 honkers and own TWO of my own!

Old 04-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #6
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Believe me, that article's already been ripped to shreds on GMI.

Pure BS and speculation.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:51 PM   #7
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan

2010 Corvettes will begin production June 15th just a bit earlier this year.

2010 GS!

I hope not, that will be the day that I cry.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #8
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Jibberish! Let's wait and see. What you will not see is an automotive industry run by a government. Yes, in the short term the gov't may take adventage of making demands tied to guarenteed loans but there will always be a market for "fast" cars..! Folks, the demise of the muscle car is near but fast cars are not. Engineers will be able to meet new green demands set up by governments. The technology already exsists but there is no demand so it's not being manufactured. Obama is no doubt the leader that will be at the forefront of the a new rule that seeks out to make the planet greener but he has a fromidable task at hand. Oil barons still have oil to sell and they still have a long arm into congress. Do not expect gas consumption to drop off asap. Certain entities want us to keep burning oil at a high rate. All said IMO ! If you are concerned save your money quick and buy one before they are gone !

Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Old 04-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #9
Boscoyo

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
Dont read too much into that article. It is just speculation on the author's part. Obama has stated several times that the government DOES NOT want to be in the automotive business. What they want is for GM to be viable and for that to happen GM has to put out vehicles that the public will buy, not vehicles that the politicians think we should drive. Dont forget that the best selling Chevy is still the Silverado, not exactly fuel efficient.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #10
Zhawk
Iroc's Love Slave

Drives: 3 Camaros, 1 Vette, a Buick, & a 57
Calm, calm, calm

That article is so full of doublespeak that by the time you boil it all down, it says nothing.

Has anyone seen my sanity? I am hiding from it and don't want it sneaking up on me!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #11
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
Take it easy my friend. That article is a rant full of wanton speculation. The Corvette is a class leader in terms of economy, efficiency, safety and one of the best examples of american technology on the road. And all that at half the price of most of its competition.

The key word here is "competition." The Camaro is every bit as competitive in its price range and class of vehicle.

Will there be changes ahead, more than likely yes. But only time and proper engineering will really tell the whole story.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #12
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Obama has stated several times that the government DOES NOT want to be in the automotive business. Yeah, right. What a load of
Old 05-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #13
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
Obama has stated several times that the government DOES NOT want to be in the automotive business. Yeah, right. What a load of
Why's that? Because you think otherwise? Because this article is "the truth"?
Old 05-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #14
vladkgb

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS Pewter
like others said... relax. plus this was posted on AOL (lol).

They wont stop producing Vettes thats for sure i guara damn tee that. Vette is the american icon and very popular car even in Europe. They will make it more efficient with DI, turbo charging (sweet!), and light weight materials. Same goes for other high performance brands. They wont die, will just come out for efficient, with more restrictions on the motor which enthusiasts will remove and sell as scrap metal.