Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #43
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Just got off phone with Dealer. They are in the process of replacing the radio head unit. They will be detailing the car and it should be ready for me to pick up this afternoon. Service Manager wants to road test the car before I pick it up, make sure there are no rattles and everything is working fine (maybe they will fill her up too, not holding breath on that one). I am looking forward to it, after driving a 2011 Impala LT for 4 days that other people have abused).
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #44
Moorepheus

Dealer called me back, car is back together, they replaced the radio under warranty too and he took it for a test drive. He got pulled over doing 50 in 3rd gear in a 35 MPH zone. They didn't ticket him. Anyway, he told me no rattling that he could hear, but he didn't go over any hard bumps. Then he proceeded to tell me that there was a gash in my dash board that they caused (Like yea, because the interior was in show room condition when I left it with them). They are going to repair it, but could not do it until Monday.

A few of my co-works said I should demand a new dashboard….however, the requires taking everything apart, all the trim molding, etc that are on the dash and placing it on the new piece, in which case, you know that a few connection tabs are going to break off and leave the pieces loose.

Repair, I have never seen a dash repair look 100%. You could always tell. I don’t know. I already told my sales person (who, btw, is my aunt, whom I buy all my chevy’s from, 5 so far) that if I can notice it when I come in to pick it up, that I am leaving it there until it’s fixed right.

Just one more reason I am really thinking about not keeping her after this.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:21 PM   #45
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I hope shes comes out looking like she did off the showroom. I've got my fingers crossed for you Moorepheus. If you'd like you could file a complaint or speak with Customer Assistance on this issue as well. Message me if you'd like to do either.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #46
Moorepheus

I an going to give them a chance to make it right. My concern today is what happens a year or two down the road when the sun has had a chance to be on that repair. Will it be noticeable then? Also the temp changes here up north (cold winters & warm summers), what is that going to do to the repair?
Old 06-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #47
Moorepheus

Well , have my Camaro back.
1. Anti-Freeze smell is almost gone. My guess is some residual in ducts that will have to dissipate over time. I am happy with this part of the repair. It was getting really bad, even with A/C on only.

2. Radio display, they replaced the entire unit, which I believe replaced all the climate controls, door locks, flashers, etc controls, because I think it’s all one unit.

3. Carpets and floor mats look like they were vacuumed and cleaned.

4. Dashboard damage caused by them was repaired. I will have to tell you, I was really worried that it would stick out like a sore thumb, but to my surprise, it looks pretty good. If you’re not looking for it, you don’t notice it. But you can see where the repair was done. They blended the color really well and my guess is when it is fully cured and I can armor all it, you won’t be able to tell.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #48
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Great. I admire your attitude on the dash repair part. Sometimes you just have to get on with it
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #49
Moorepheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
Great. I admire your attitude on the dash repair part. Sometimes you just have to get on with it
Well, after he told me last week they put a gash in the dash, i was livid, to myself, not to the service manager. After thinking about it, in order to replace that dash, they would have to rip out the windshield again and remove everything connected to that dash and place it on the new one. Also, after seeing some YouTube videos of dash repair, I felt a little better about it. And after seeing the repair first hand, it looks pretty good.

Now, if after a few weeks go by and it starts to become really noticeable, back to the dealer I go.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:54 PM   #50
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
I may have this problem...
Old 06-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #51
Moorepheus

If you smell it, you have it. Take it to dealer, turn heat on full blast, if they smell it, get it fixed. I cought mine before there was too much leakage in my car.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #52
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
I have an appointment for tomorrow. Was a TSB ever issued for this? I could not find it in the threat that lists them all.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #53
Moorepheus

Not for the heater core, not that I am aware of.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:03 AM   #54
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
No, Just a TSB on the reprogramming of the HVAC module to avoid evaporator freeze ups.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:23 PM   #55
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Just go in and DEMAND a new windshield. Make sure to wear a Tapout shirt though.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #56
Moorepheus

They re-used my original Windshield, and I am glad they did. No leaks, that I can tell