Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 06-13-2014, 02:23 PM   #2563
trav2010ss
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 CTS-V Black Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by spd2612 View Post
Nice Travis but you know you want more !!!!!

It is a disease with no cure
More is already in the works. I don't need a cure just more power!
trav2010ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:08 PM   #2564
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Black/IO Vert
Recall

Every Chevrolet Camaro built since General Motors relaunched the pony car in 2010 – some 511,508 cars worldwide — was recalled today after GM discovered drivers could accidentally turn the car off with their knees, the same problem at the heart of the deadly Chevy Cobalt recall.
GM says it's aware of only three crashes with four minor injuries linked to the problem, that the ignition switches in the Camaro aren't to blame and that the recall (along with three other minor recalls also announced today) demonstrate how it's now trying to jump on safety problems as soon as they emerge. But the Camaro recall touches the core Chevy fan base in a way that other recalls haven't.
According to GM, after the recall of 2.6 million Chevy Cobalts and other older GM models for bad ignition switches, the company began testing other models to see if drivers could also bump the key into the accessory or off position while driving. It found that if Camaro drivers were sitting close enough to the steering wheel, they could bump the combined key/fob.
GM's solution will be to separate the key from the large fob that opens the doors and trunks; until it can provide new keys in a couple of week, Chevy dealers have been told to stop selling Camaros. The Camaro's ignition switch has no parts in common with the Cobalt switches linked to 13 deaths and scores of injuries, and GM says the switch itself meets all engineering standards. GM did not immediately say when it was made aware of the injury accidents in the Camaro.
“Discovering and acting on this issue quickly is an example of the new norm for product safety at GM,” said Jeff Boyer, vice president of GM Global Safety.
Of the 511,508 Camaros affected, 464,712 are in the United States, with the rest outside the country.
The other three recalls announced by GM affect a total of 65,121 cars in the United States, none of which have been linked to crashes or injuries:
—28,789 Saab 9-3 convertibles from the 2004-2011 model years for a cable in the driver's side seat belt tensioner that could break.
—21,567 Chevrolet Sonic compacts from 2012 with a six-speed automatic transmission and the 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine. A transmission shaft can fail, causing various transmission problems, some of which could be sudden.
—14,765 model year 2014 Buick LaCrosse sedans for a wiring splice in the driver’s door may corrode and break, allowing someone to operate the power windows and sunroof when no key is in the vehicle.
GM CEO Mary Barra warned last week that more recalls were imminent last week after she released the internal report by attorney Anton Valukas into the company's failure surrounding the Cobalt recall. With the Camaro action, GM has now recalled more than 13.3 million vehicles since January, a new record for any automaker, as it attempts to be safe rather than sorry again.
AFCMSGTRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:09 PM   #2565
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trav2010ss View Post
Thanks jerry. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it sunday. We have plans already for fathers days weekend.

Fathers Day at the track...it doesn't get better than that
Old 06-13-2014, 05:29 PM   #2566
jims2SSL99
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS L-99
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFCMSGTRET View Post
Every Chevrolet Camaro built since General Motors relaunched the pony car in 2010 – some 511,508 cars worldwide — was recalled today after GM discovered drivers could accidentally turn the car off with their knees, the same problem at the heart of the deadly Chevy Cobalt recall.
GM says it's aware of only three crashes with four minor injuries linked to the problem, that the ignition switches in the Camaro aren't to blame and that the recall (along with three other minor recalls also announced today) demonstrate how it's now trying to jump on safety problems as soon as they emerge. But the Camaro recall touches the core Chevy fan base in a way that other recalls haven't.
According to GM, after the recall of 2.6 million Chevy Cobalts and other older GM models for bad ignition switches, the company began testing other models to see if drivers could also bump the key into the accessory or off position while driving. It found that if Camaro drivers were sitting close enough to the steering wheel, they could bump the combined key/fob.
GM's solution will be to separate the key from the large fob that opens the doors and trunks; until it can provide new keys in a couple of week, Chevy dealers have been told to stop selling Camaros. The Camaro's ignition switch has no parts in common with the Cobalt switches linked to 13 deaths and scores of injuries, and GM says the switch itself meets all engineering standards. GM did not immediately say when it was made aware of the injury accidents in the Camaro.
“Discovering and acting on this issue quickly is an example of the new norm for product safety at GM,” said Jeff Boyer, vice president of GM Global Safety.
Of the 511,508 Camaros affected, 464,712 are in the United States, with the rest outside the country.
The other three recalls announced by GM affect a total of 65,121 cars in the United States, none of which have been linked to crashes or injuries:
—28,789 Saab 9-3 convertibles from the 2004-2011 model years for a cable in the driver's side seat belt tensioner that could break.
—21,567 Chevrolet Sonic compacts from 2012 with a six-speed automatic transmission and the 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine. A transmission shaft can fail, causing various transmission problems, some of which could be sudden.
—14,765 model year 2014 Buick LaCrosse sedans for a wiring splice in the driver’s door may corrode and break, allowing someone to operate the power windows and sunroof when no key is in the vehicle.
GM CEO Mary Barra warned last week that more recalls were imminent last week after she released the internal report by attorney Anton Valukas into the company's failure surrounding the Cobalt recall. With the Camaro action, GM has now recalled more than 13.3 million vehicles since January, a new record for any automaker, as it attempts to be safe rather than sorry again.
jims2SSL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #2567
jims2SSL99
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims2SSL99 View Post
GM's new Replacement Key
Old 06-13-2014, 05:38 PM   #2568
spd2612
Account Suspended

Drives: Black SS2/RS LS3
I am not carrying 2 different keys because there are people who cant drive or take responsibility for their own actions
Their have been keys in ignitions since i have been alive and that is a while if you turn off the key no matter what you turned it off with it is your own damn fault
If you are driving on the road you should know how to control your car if a serp belt brakes and the power steering quits
All this Government bull shit just drives up the price of cars
Enough already
spd2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #2569
trav2010ss
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 CTS-V Black Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFCMSGTRET View Post
Fathers Day at the track...it doesn't get better than that
This is very true. I wonder if anyone on here has turned their car off with their knee? This seems like a stretch. Push button start will solve all of this
trav2010ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:49 PM   #2570
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Quote:
I am not carrying 2 different keys because there are people who cant drive or take responsibility for their own actions
Their have been keys in ignitions since i have been alive and that is a while if you turn off the key no matter what you turned it off with it is your own damn fault
If you are driving on the road you should know how to control your car if a serp belt brakes and the power steering quits
All this Government bull shit just drives up the price of cars
Enough already
I agree, it'd take a real moron to turn off his car with his knee and if he didn't have the brain capacity to control the vehicle with the engine off, he has no business behind the wheel of any car.

They ain't taking my switchblade key fob!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #2571
jims2SSL99
Account Suspended

Old 06-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #2572
spd2612
Account Suspended

Drives: Black SS2/RS LS3
Don't get me started. Oh i dont need a key guess i need a warning label on my forhead
spd2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:10 PM   #2573
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Don't get me started. Oh i dont need a key guess i need a warning label on my forhead
Hey that's a recall too.

Make sure the sun visor airbag sticker stays on

Really tho, I do not see how that could happen. You really have to give it the ole Leonidas Sparta kick to get it to turn off
Old 06-14-2014, 04:34 AM   #2574
tegwin

Drives: 01 V6 camaro
I've never seen, OR heard of what GM says is happening to anyone haha
tegwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:18 AM   #2575
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

R E M I N D E R ! ! !

Just a few more hours and we hit the road

SUNDAY, 15 JUNE 2014: RUNDAY SUNDAY
Event Info

Bradenton Motorsports Park

-Grudge Racing and Fun Runs. Anyone can come out and run on the 1/4 mile drag strip with their car, truck or motorcycle or just hang out and watch the show!

-Event Times
Gate open: 9am
Track hot: 10a - 5pm
-Event Tickets
Gate admission: $14
Race tech card: $15
Children 11 & under FREE!
General Track Info
-Bradenton Motorsports Park
21000 State Road 64
Bradenton, FL 34212
Phone: 941-748-1320

"Camarovan" will be leaving from the Cracker Barrel Restaurant at the intersection of I-75 and Palm Beach Blvd (4260 Boatways Rd, Fort Myers, FL, US, 33905) at 7AM. For those accessing I-75 further north of Palm Beach Blvd, let us know and we'll let you know what time we will be passing your exit.

If you will be racing, don't forget your helmet (there are a couple for rent at the track if you need one), wear long pants and closed toe shoes.

Bring lawn chairs, coolers, snacks (food is also available at the concession), sun tan lotion, hats, family, friends; everything you need to enjoy a day at the races.

Rumor has it that one of Tri-County's own, Mike Daniel (Bad Dad) will be running his 9 second monster. That's a show you won't want to miss!!!!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:52 AM   #2576
tegwin

Drives: 01 V6 camaro
That's a little too far for me to travel, if I didn't have work the night before, and night after I would totally be there to get awesome Go-Pro footage...
tegwin is offline   Reply With Quote