Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-24-2017, 06:55 AM   #15
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc615 View Post
This is probably one of the dumbest things to come out since lambo doors on Hondas.
Agree and looks awful.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:37 AM   #16
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Outlined/ raised white letter performance tires have been the deal for like 50 years, solid white lettering not so much as big as the vinyl shown here in the aspect of size to Tire sidewall. And stating the name of the tire as say BF GOODRICH, or MICKEY THOMPSON are more what I have used to using in the past for muscle cars and Its all in taste, at least vinyl lettering could be removed. Its a case of getting a tire and then placing the white lettering out or in, and tastefully done it can be fine but size and font matter for a classic look IMO.....
Just think of the creative things you could do with this lettering....Eat my dust on one side of tire on other BEEEEAAACCHHH , One side of tire Snots, the other Xmas vac...., one side tire Locker up, the other side Trump....Its all in sense of humor.....

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...ures&FORM=IGRE
Old 06-24-2017, 07:58 AM   #17
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc615 View Post
This is probably one of the dumbest things to come out since lambo doors on Hondas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Dont agree at all.....they look pretty good. White lettered tires are coming back large...would be nice if the tire companies started making them again.
They're coming back because its a cheap addon that doesn't really have any downside other than looking tacky to some people. Most in my generation care more about form over function I guess.
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:03 AM   #18
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Outlined/ raised white letter performance tires have been the deal for like 50 years, solid white lettering not so much as big as the vinyl shown here in the aspect of size to Tire sidewall. And stating the name of the tire as say BF GOODRICH, or MICKEY THOMPSON are more what I have used to using in the past for muscle cars and Its all in taste, at least vinyl lettering could be removed. Its a case of getting a tire and then placing the white lettering out or in, and tastefully done it can be fine but size and font matter for a classic look IMO.....
Just think of the creative things you could do with this lettering....Eat my dust on one side of tire on other BEEEEAAACCHHH , One side of tire Snots, the other Xmas vac...., one side tire Locker up, the other side Trump....Its all in sense of humor.....

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...ures&FORM=IGRE

I like this look, though. Something about putting CHEVROLET CAMARO on your tires seems really redundant and lame to me. Like putting a license plate bracket on your ZL1 that says ZL1 when you already have the ZL1 badge on the back, lol.
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:33 AM   #19
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I like the tires with white letters saying Pirelli or BF Goodrich, but not Chevrolet. Everyone has their own tastes.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:12 PM   #20
Luis19SS

Drives: 2019 SS A10
I think they look good when the car is rolling, only reason I got them. I just turned 19 so Maybe later on when im older ill look back at this and say "what was I thinking" lol. But for now, just trying to have a different look from every other 5th gen on the road and at car shows.
Black 2019 SS A10, MBRP Exhuast, Soler performance Ported Throttlebody, Cold Air Inductions CAI, BMR equipped, Stance SFO7 on nitto NT555G2 tires, Limited Edition White Racing Seats, ZL1 1LE Splitter, Carbon Sideskirts, Gorilla Splitters areo kit, Next Gen Speed Diffuser, JWmotorsports LED side markers

Luis19SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:22 PM   #21
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCruisin View Post

They're coming back because its a cheap addon that doesn't really have any downside other than looking tacky to some people. Most in my generation care more about form over function I guess.
Well im 48 dont know what your generation but i like both. Maybe not the stickons as much but white lettered high performance tires look good on most cars. Of course the look isnt for everyone but they are getting alot of fanfare. Who knows how long it will last.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:40 PM   #22
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Someone at my workplace has a BMW in which he added these similar decals on his tires. They started to look like crap after a few days and was falling off. Needless to say he took them all off and was done with it.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:06 PM   #23
2nd SS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
I know these aren't for everyone, but I like them. I'm guess I'm just an old dinosaur and still like that old school look. These are the tread wear letters and I have had them on the car for about 5 years (20,000 miles) and they have stayed on so far. Occasionally when I use a scrub brush while washing them, I will notice where the edge of a letter might be lifting up. This is easily fixed by applying a drop of gel superglue to a toothpick and putting the dab of glue behind the letter and pressing it back down and holding it for 30 seconds.

Just thought some of you might like to know how these hold up..... and It gives me another opportunity to whore out some more pictures of my car.
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2017, 07:23 PM   #24
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd SS View Post
I know these aren't for everyone, but I like them. I'm guess I'm just an old dinosaur and still like that old school look. These are the tread wear letters and I have had them on the car for about 5 years (20,000 miles) and they have stayed on so far. Occasionally when I use a scrub brush while washing them, I will notice where the edge of a letter might be lifting up. This is easily fixed by applying a drop of gel superglue to a toothpick and putting the dab of glue behind the letter and pressing it back down and holding it for 30 seconds.

Just thought some of you might like to know how these hold up..... and It gives me another opportunity to whore out some more pictures of my car.
Looks good.....when done right things last a long time.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:56 PM   #25
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Love that color 2nd SS. Car looks great!
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:32 AM   #26
2nd SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Looks good.....when done right things last a long time.
Thanks rontammy0. The letters are a bitch to put on, but if you clean the crap out of the tires before applying them, they seem to stay put.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:34 AM   #27
2nd SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Love that color 2nd SS. Car looks great!
Thanks, Love my ABM
Old 06-25-2017, 11:47 AM   #28
Hattori Hanzo

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Everyone won't like what you do to your car, but that's the point. It's YOUR car. Do what you want. Personally, I don't like chrome, but there's plenty of cars on this site with chrome dressed up engine bays...chrome wheels...chrome grills... Good on them for doing what they wanted to. I like the tire letters and just recently did my own.

Last edited by Hattori Hanzo; 07-25-2017 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Removed photo
Hattori Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote