Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-22-2019, 10:52 AM   #1
Zl1-Toothless

Drives: 204
ZL! MAG Rear and Front Strut Coupe/Conv

Are the Coupe and Conv front and rear mag ride suspension the same ? My mag juice is all out on mine and need replacing. I have a 2014 Coupe ZL1 M6. So if I buy a 2012 Conv front and rear mag shocks/struts used would they fit ?

Thanks !
Zl1-Toothless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:55 PM   #2
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Pretty sure they are different strut and Spring part numbers for the Coupe/Vert FE5 suspension. Idid just snag a right front last week from Amazon for $241 to go with the Left front I got last year for $161. I did buy rears from them last year but they were $345 ea. The bad is you may have to return a set or two because Amazon hasnt figured out the heavy parts shipment process. The good is Delco started unlimited replacement for the original owner as of 4-1 2018. I tested this with Amazon as both rears failed within 500 miles. Delco has a list of those that are part of the Lifetime warranty, I believe Rock was in it but I would never buy anything from them as I hear you can never speak with anyone if you have an issue. I know for sure Summit Racing was not on the list cause I called to inform them of the change and they had never heard of it. Good luck..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:58 AM   #3
Zl1-Toothless

Drives: 204
Was this your review hahaha:

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews

Top Reviews
Happy
1.0 out of 5 starsBuyer beware Bad both struts failed
September 29, 2018
Verified Purchase
Not sure where Amazon is getting these but I thought saving $50 a strut was a good move. Both Struts have failed in under 500 miles with just street driving. I will have to probably open a case directly with Delco for replacements. Just another note I had to return one already as these are Magnetic and the wire is in the the strut post which had poked through the box and split the connecting wire open making the strut useless.
Zl1-Toothless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:56 PM   #4
ZMEnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zl1-Toothless View Post
Was this your review hahaha:

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews

Top Reviews
Happy
1.0 out of 5 starsBuyer beware Bad both struts failed
September 29, 2018
Verified Purchase
Not sure where Amazon is getting these but I thought saving $50 a strut was a good move. Both Struts have failed in under 500 miles with just street driving. I will have to probably open a case directly with Delco for replacements. Just another note I had to return one already as these are Magnetic and the wire is in the the strut post which had poked through the box and split the connecting wire open making the strut useless.

Yep.. Also had to return one of the rights I got a week ago as it was packed a box within a box. The outer was good, the inner had a hole where the strut had been dropped and the support for the coil spring was bent with all the paint removed. So some idiot put it in the outer box knowing it was damaged.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:12 PM   #5
GONMAD510

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
I order fronts and rears 2 weeks ago from Rockauto and I had no issues with them. Received them in less than a week.
Fast 850cc Injectors, ATI Balancer, 8.66 Lower Pulley, 2.55 Upper Pulley, Lingenfelter CAI, Kooks LT with cat delete pipes, Noweeds Exhaust Cutouts (extremely loud under full throttle), BTR Stage 3 Cam, BTR Platinum 660 Valve Spring Kit, TR7ix Iridium Spark Plugs, Lingenfelter Solid Isolator, 160 Degree Thermostat, Larger SC Coolant Reservoir with Hose Relocation Kit, BMR 1.25" Lowering Springs, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Racing Brake 2 piece rotors front and rear, Starkweather Performance Custom Dyno Tune on 91 Octane.

691.38 RWHP
630.35 RWTQ
GONMAD510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:09 PM   #6
BeachBum

Drives: 2012 (ZL-1) #468
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
Pretty sure they are different strut and Spring part numbers for the Coupe/Vert FE5 suspension. Idid just snag a right front last week from Amazon for $241 to go with the Left front I got last year for $161. I did buy rears from them last year but they were $345 ea. The bad is you may have to return a set or two because Amazon hasnt figured out the heavy parts shipment process. The good is Delco started unlimited replacement for the original owner as of 4-1 2018. I tested this with Amazon as both rears failed within 500 miles. Delco has a list of those that are part of the Lifetime warranty, I believe Rock was in it but I would never buy anything from them as I hear you can never speak with anyone if you have an issue. I know for sure Summit Racing was not on the list cause I called to inform them of the change and they had never heard of it. Good luck..
Are all our ZL-1's covered under the Delco life time warranty?
Old 07-24-2019, 06:57 AM   #7
ZMEnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum View Post
Are all our ZL-1's covered under the Delco life time warranty?
Purchased after 4-1-2018 and they have a list of suppliers you can buy from and be covered.