Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-05-2019, 08:20 PM   #1
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
Lowering springs

Does anyone know if I can go with 1.5” in the front and 1.4” in the rear without having to do a camber and toe kit with no issues. I think I will have to do a camber kit in the rear to get it back to specs, or should I just go with 1.25”. I don’t want to go so low that I have to worry about speed bumps but I do want to lose some of the space between the tires and fenderwells. Also I’m thinking of going with the RST X5 kit unless y’all have different options. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks in advance
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:33 PM   #2
rdavis

Drives: 2012 SS
I went 1" on mine front & rear. Even 1" makes a big difference in looks. I really like the way it looks. Cut the wheel gap in half & kept the slight factory "rake" that these cars have. I think 1.25" would look very good. My springs are Hotchkis. You loose a little in the ride department, but after a couple of weeks don't even notice it. Seem to still be ok on speed bumps.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:38 PM   #3
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2ss2010 View Post
Does anyone know if I can go with 1.5” in the front and 1.4” in the rear without having to do a camber and toe kit with no issues. I think I will have to do a camber kit in the rear to get it back to specs, or should I just go with 1.25”. I don’t want to go so low that I have to worry about speed bumps but I do want to lose some of the space between the tires and fenderwells. Also I’m thinking of going with the RST X5 kit unless y’all have different options. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks in advance
You're over thinking it a bit. With any of the springs available you'll be fine. Coil over suspension will give you the option of going too low. I went with Hotchkiss because I didnt want too much. They advertise 1" but mine settled at 1.25". Just take some time to figure out your wheel/tire combo if you go aftermarket.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2019, 06:08 AM   #4
STALKER

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Im running BMR's 1.4" springs, and a full 3" exhaust...No clearance issues other than having to be a little careful pulling in and out of the driveway.

As far as the alignment goes, I wanted my car set up with a touch more negative camber front and rear, so we never pushed it to the point that I needed camber kits.....Toe was adjusted within spec no problem.
LSX Block, MAST 305 Black Labels, Exceldyne Valves, Diamond Pistons, Callies Crank & Rods, Cam Motion Cam, Johnson 2116LSR Lifters, Comp XDA Pushrods, Jesel Rockers, Mamo MSD, NW 102, Roto-Fab CAI, FAST 65# Injectors, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Kooks 2" Headers, Corsa Sport 3" Catback, Z28 Shifter, ZR1 Clutch, Katech LW Flywheel, 1LE 3.91 Diff, LPW Diff Cover, BMR - 1.4" Springs, LCA's, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Sway Bars, End Links, Diff Bushings, and Tunnel Brace, Z28/1LE Strut Tower Brace, Improved Racing Oil Cooler

2023 Camaro ZL1 / 1LE
Stock
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:26 AM   #5
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
1.5" DSE lowering springs and Koni Orange Srt.t struts were installed on my 2010 2LT/RS and no issues with clearance.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote