Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 05-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
FARGO-MOORHEAD MEET-N-GREET (Now 7-8 August)

13 July 2010 -- NEW UPDATE.....(BAD NEWS!!!)

I just received news from the management at Tintmasters, they are going to charge $45.00 per day to participate in the August 7-8 Street Legal Drags. Unfortunately, that is whether you are racing or not!!! So, if you want to race, it's still not a bad deal. But for those of us who do not wish to race on the track, it's just too much for me!!! I'm not going to pay $45.00 to put my car in a Car Show!!!
On a good note, they will have camping available (included in that price) if you want it. And those willing to pay $45.00 can race, and participate in the Car Show for one day. If you want both days....$90.00!!!! Too rich for me, sorry guys, I'm backing out of this one....

Keith

Okay, Sorry Guys/Gals, but CHANGE-TO-THE-CHANGE.....
Unfortunately, We are going to have to reschedule this again!!! I had a family issue come up and I have to leave town on that July 10th Weekend. It's kinda hard to coordinate an event which the coordinator can't attend!!!! Besides, I wasn't getting a very warm response from anyone on the July 10th Weekend anyway. Sooooo....Let's push this whole thing back one last time....To August 7-8. Interstate Dragways and Tintmasters is hosting a big "Car Show Weekend" on both days with Street Legal Drags going on as well. So basically, we will having our Camaro Owners "Meet-N-Greet" in the middle of a Two-Day Car Show!!! Plus, that gives a little more flexibility to everyone (if you can't make it out on Saturday, maybe you can come on Sunday?!?!?). I'll be there on both days (hopefully!). Read more below....

Thanks,

Keith (blazzin1)

Okay Guys/Gals,

We are going to have a Camaro "Meet-N-Greet" on August 7-8 out at Interstate Dragways (just South of Moorhead, MN). Gates open at 10am and racing will start at Noon.
We will be joining in on the previously scheduled 2-Day Car Show event sponsored by Tintmasters and Interstate Dragways. So put a good shine on your Camaro and come out join in the fun. All years (1967 - 2011) are eagerly invited to come out and join us. Not sure of the prizes or categories yet, but will let you know when I find out. The event is being held in conjunction with the STREET LEGAL DRAGS, so the really great part is you can also race on the 1/4 mile track if you want to!!!! Camping will also available for those interested in staying out there for both days!!
The Camaro Owners "Meet-N-Greet" is not affiliated with TintMasters or Interstate Dragways in any way. This is a separately coordinated "side-event" that they were gracious enough to let us have out on their property and participate in their previously scheduled event. This is simply a chance for us to get together, display our cars, race, and meet other Camaro enthusiasts in the regional area. And hopefully, make some life-long friends!!! It will be Two Days of fun, friendship, and racing that I hope you will attend!!!
If pricing remains the same as previous Street Legal Drags, it will be $35 per car/driver for racers, and $7 per person/car for non-racers. Not sure yet if they will be hiking up prices for Car Show Participants, but I'll let you know as soon as I find out. Be advised, if you want to race, and your car is capable of 14.00 secs or less in the 1/4 mile (that should include all 2010 SS's, not sure about V-6's), you are required to wear a helmet when racing. The Helmet must meet these specs: SNELL 2000 or newer (M2000, SA2000, M2005, K2005, SA2005, M2010) or SFI 31.1A, 31.1/2005, 31.2A, 41.1A, 41.1/2005, or 41.2A. Any helmet must be checked for a SNELL or SFI sticker- look inside the helmet under the liner or padding. A helmet with a DOT label is not recognized by the NHRA.
Please post here (or PM me) if you have any questions about any of this. If you do plan on coming, please drop a post here and let me know so I can get an idea of how many are planning to attend. Attached is a PDF. flyer I made up for this event. Please open it up, print it out, pass it out, do whatever you like with it, help me spread the word about this!!!! We Need Advertising!!!

Thanks, Hope to see ya'll there!!!!!

Keith (blazzin1)

http://thedragraceplace.com/schedule...asters-series/
Attached Images
File Type: pdf CAMARO MEET.PDF (389.9 KB, 159 views)

Last edited by blazzin1; 07-13-2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Event Re-Scheduled!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
blazzin1

Interstate Dragways is off of I-94, just East of Fargo, and South of Moorhead, MN. Take Exit 6 (Sabin exit), go south about a mile or so, the track is on the right.

P.S. They do have a concession stand out there with some food items, snacks, and drinks. But they do not sell any alcoholic beverages. I was told they do not restrict the use of beer coolers on the property. So.....if you are "of age", and want to bring a few beers, you can do that. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE GOING TO RACE..........NO ALCOHOL AT ALL!!! And of course, have a safe plan to get home (D.D.), it's all just Common Sense stuff!!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:31 AM   #3
blazzin1

Bump for interest.....

Okay Guys, please let me know if you can attend on June 12th......I would hate to have spent all this time coordinating this only to find out I'll be the only one there!!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
colegnd

Drives: 2002 Pontiac Bonneville
Hey Blazzin. I'm just letting you know that my Dad and I have talked about it and are still deciding on it. We should know by next week or the first week in June.
colegnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by colegnd View Post
Hey Blazzin. I'm just letting you know that my Dad and I have talked about it and are still deciding on it. We should know by next week or the first week in June.
Thanks for the update, let me know what you guys figure out. Keep in mind, you don't have to race (I won't be), just come out and have some fun. Hope to meet ya'll soon.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #6
fargomike
The Dude Abides

Drives: Black 2SS M6
Hey , we are 90% sure we will be there , just have to clear a couple things on the calendar . QUestion for you and you can either PM response if you want . But who the hell in town can I go to for some custom work ? Exhaust/Headers/Tuning etc ?
fargomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:08 PM   #7
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargomike View Post
Hey , we are 90% sure we will be there , just have to clear a couple things on the calendar . QUestion for you and you can either PM response if you want . But who the hell in town can I go to for some custom work ? Exhaust/Headers/Tuning etc ?
Well, I'm not sure how factual this is, but I was told that there is NO dyno anywhere in the Fargo area. I do know that there is a place in Watertown, SD that is well-known and very reputable for doing custom tunes (http://www.dynotuneusa.com/). So, if I was going to do any tuning, I would probably make an appointment with them and go on a little road trip!!! As for exhaust or header installation....I can't really give you my personal opinion since I'm not real familiar with any of the local shops!!! I would say stay away from Schumacher Goodyear (I had a bad experience). Other than that, the guys here at work tell me that FM Exhaust (on Main) or Muffler Man in Moorhead are good places to go. But I can't speak from any personal experience.

And I hope to meet you on June 12th!!!!

Later....

Keith
Old 05-17-2010, 03:17 PM   #8
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Keith,

If I was still up in NODAK I would be there for sure, I hope you guys have fun, and post up some pics!

Steve
Old 05-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #9
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Kid View Post
Keith,

If I was still up in NODAK I would be there for sure, I hope you guys have fun, and post up some pics!

Steve
Steve,
I wish you could make it, but I understand, it's a little too far away. Well, maybe next time. I will try to post up some pics after the event. Hopefully, I can figure out how.....I'm kinda computer-stupid!!!!

Take Care...
Old 05-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #10
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Theres a lot of camaros up here in minot, but I dont have one. I know that Ive seen at least one camaro5 license plate though so someone has to know all the people.
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #11
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
Theres a lot of camaros up here in minot, but I dont have one. I know that Ive seen at least one camaro5 license plate though so someone has to know all the people.
Well spread the word for us if you can!! Maybe even print out some of those flyers and take them up to Ryan chevrolet for me!! I can't make it back to Minot before the event!! And you don't need a camaro to come join the fun! You're on this website, which means you are an enthusiast as well and welcome to come join us too!
Old 05-25-2010, 11:03 PM   #12
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
It's a shame we need a helmet for anything under a 14.00 sec, I can't afford one at this point in time...
Old 05-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #13
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
It's a shame we need a helmet for anything under a 14.00 sec, I can't afford one at this point in time...
Well, I'd be willing to bet that there will be plenty of folks out there with helmets, and probably even a few 5th Gen owners too. I'm sure someone would be willing to let you "borrow" theirs for a quick run down the track.

Shouldn't be a big deal....
Old 05-26-2010, 08:57 AM   #14
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Damn - I have that weekend booked already. I would have loved to make it out there to meet you guys!!

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote