Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #57
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
Are you kidding me? Why'd you even mention the Camaro in your post then? I have NO problem with appreciating all three of the cars, it's just frustrating when people try and pretend they're objective and are clearly biased to one side (yes, it's annoying when it's from both sides, check my posts, I praise all three of the cars).

EDIT: I'm not attacking you or anything, it's just irritating to see from any side.

As for Ford's numbers, I'd still go by them if the engine is SAE certified; if it wasn't then anything goes!

Also, there's no comparing the SS to the GT500, it whips the Camaro's ass.
DC I think you have me confused with someone else...this is my original thread start post before I found out that someone had posted in another section of the forum.

Quote:
Yep...seems again Ford underrated the new 2010 GT500. This article talks about the Dyno testing they did on a stock GT500, with multiple pulls. Have to say I was even surprised by this. The tech in the 2010 GT500 is very nice.

So now we actually have real numbers, and before we even start with a supercharged Maro, this post is just to get the CORRECT info our there so people who care can do the math.

Discuss.
As you see, I posted this so people can compare, do the math and discuss what the GT500 could or could not actually do in its latest form. It has ZERO to do with what a camaro has. I already know that these two cars are not in the same class. But as some like to say here, a S/C maro could run with a GT500. So....for those who want to be bothered, here is a dyno, with numbers..I am am sure as more poeple get this car, we will have more dyno numbers to compare.

Its just a discussion piece, and nothing else. Sure I like a GT better, but heck its not like I would pass on a Maro if I was offered one...lol Hell yeah I would take it to. As I have said multiple times, I like ALL PERFORMANCE CARS. Import to Domestic. I just like the Mustang the best.

As it has been said here, and 5.0 Magazine has a very interesting piece on it as well, from a Driver who has driven all three, For the power and warranty you can get with a GT500, nothing else on the market can compare at that price. I am waiting for some more numbers so we can get a average of the dyno numbers. I still say 490~500 though. That's my take on it.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #58
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
DC I think you have me confused with someone else...this is my original thread start post before I found out that someone had posted in another section of the forum.

As you see, I posted this so people can compare, do the math and discuss what the GT500 could or could not actually do in its latest form. It has ZERO to do with what a camaro has. I already know that these two cars are not in the same class. But as some like to say here, a S/C maro could run with a GT500. So....for those who want to be bothered, here is a dyno, with numbers..I am am sure as more poeple get this car, we will have more dyno numbers to compare.

Its just a discussion piece, and nothing else. Sure I like a GT better, but heck its not like I would pass on a Maro if I was offered one...lol Hell yeah I would take it to. As I have said multiple times, I like ALL PERFORMANCE CARS. Import to Domestic. I just like the Mustang the best.

As it has been said here, and 5.0 Magazine has a very interesting piece on it as well, from a Driver who has driven all three, For the power and warranty you can get with a GT500, nothing else on the market can compare at that price. I am waiting for some more numbers so we can get a average of the dyno numbers. I still say 490~500 though. That's my take on it.
Yeah, waiting for my dyno numbers sounds fair. I didn't mean to sound harsh, but drawing conclusions from one run isn't a great idea as we know that they can be wrong (or they could be right, but I doubt it when it's SAE certified).

I agree, the power and warranty on the GT500 is awesome and no one matches it. Not only that but the quality of all the internals is awesome because nothing breaks when you up the power.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #59
DntWrryBeHappy21
Patiently Waiting...

Drives: whatevers in the driveway atm
Send a message via AIM to DntWrryBeHappy21
i like it, rear is a bit iffy but still i like it, good job ford =)

can't be denied its pretty freakin' beast

One day....
DntWrryBeHappy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:25 PM   #60
NYCSRTATE

Drives: Future ZL1 or CTS V Owner
Ide give anything for a blower from the factory.

Pretty sick numbers.
NYCSRTATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:34 PM   #61
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #62
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
The 2010 is very affordable, I paid $45,000 just a little over invoice for mine.
I have to disagree with this. An average guy such as myself cannot afford that. To most people, spending anything near $30,000 dollars is way too much for a car. Without a down payment, for $45,000 you are looking at a monthly payment around $800 dollars. I could be in my own house for that much money.

It is a very impressive car. But affordable, in my terms, it is not.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #63
blacksupersport

Drives: 2000 SS camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokes35 View Post
Sigh... its posts like this that make me wonder which i should buy... :( Camaro or Mustang Cobra?
They are nice numbers but the wise master of kung Fu once said ( MUSTANGS ARE LIKE ASSHOLES EVERYBODY HAS ONE ! ) what a great & wise man ! much respect.
blacksupersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #64
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksupersport View Post
They are nice numbers but the wise master of kung Fu once said ( MUSTANGS ARE LIKE ASSHOLES EVERYBODY HAS ONE ! ) what a great & wise man ! much respect.
Watch it...you'll get slapped! Must play nice....

Last edited by patriotpa; 06-13-2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Salt
Old 06-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #65
MuscleCarz

Drives: 5.4 3v
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
MuscleCarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:31 PM   #66
blacksupersport

Drives: 2000 SS camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post

sorry, I'm just stateing the facts SIR !!!! HAHA!! I'll B good ! This is a camaro site right ?
blacksupersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #67
patriotpa
Account Suspended

As was I... and got slapped. Nazis.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #68
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksupersport View Post
You have much to learn, grasshopper....
Sleestack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:13 PM   #69
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
I have to disagree with this. An average guy such as myself cannot afford that. To most people, spending anything near $30,000 dollars is way too much for a car. Without a down payment, for $45,000 you are looking at a monthly payment around $800 dollars. I could be in my own house for that much money.

It is a very impressive car. But affordable, in my terms, it is not.
It depends on where you are in life I guess. I spoke with a forum member down here in S.FLA, and he told me he spent 39k out the door. That's a high 600$ to 700$ payment. Money down is just money in the dealer's pocket btw IMO. So 45k for a car you most likely will never mod is not so bad...it depends on how you look at it I guess.

But true its not for everyone. Would I do it ? Not sure really...I do not hit the track often..maybe 1~2 a month..I do not street race...so a S/C GT would do me fine..

Hmm that's what I have now that I think about it !
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #70
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
Here's the bottom line though (understand every car will be a little different and dyno's don't always tell the whole story), here are edmunds (the same site that posted the dyno #'s) performance figures for SS and GT500...

"Quarter-mile performance is totally awesome as well, as the GT500 makes its best pass in 12.4 seconds at 114.7 mph. That's not only a useful margin over the '07 car with its 500-hp powertrain, which did the deed in 12.8 seconds at 112.6 mph, but it also makes the Chevrolet Camaro and Dodge Challenger look like weak-ass sissies. The Camaro turned the quarter in 13.0 seconds at 110.9 mph and the Challenger did 13.9 seconds at 103.2 mph. The Challenger SRT8 does it in 13.2 seconds at 107.5 mph."

So with 370rwhp the camaro runs 0.6 and 3.8mph slower than the 511rwhp GT500...

Is it just me, or do those #'s not add up? Understand different cars, different test venues, different weather conditions for both dyno and track times etc...but speaking in "general" terms, shouldn't 141rwhp gain you something more than 0.6 and 3.8mph in the 1/4? The MPH is especially troubling. I know the mustang has recorded better #'s in other magazines etc, but staying within the same site/magazine to me is more accurate a comparison than picking just the fastest times only.

Discuss...