Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-19-2019, 09:04 PM   #43
swiftkart

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmf5150 View Post
Talk to magnuson last week.told me the 2650 heartbeat version for the LS motor will come out next month ..
Interesting, they told me the new LT1/LT4 platform low profile was next and they didn't know if they would do the LS in a heartbeat platform this year.
swiftkart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:06 PM   #44
Bmf5150

Drives: 1968 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftkart View Post
Interesting, they told me the new LT1/LT4 platform low profile was next and they didn't know if they would do the LS in a heartbeat platform this year.
Yeah I emailed Tim Clifton at magnuson
Bmf5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:24 PM   #45
390ciSCed

Drives: 1998 Trans Am WS6
Looks like the Magnuson is 12.5" tall. I just got measurement photos from a guy at Magnuson.

And they do not offer a Mag 2650 for the LS1,2,3,6,7. ONLY fits the LS3 LSA or SC'er Vette engine.

If you want to make it work on an LS1,2,3,6,7....you need to buy the front end accessories from the ZL1 Camaro or the LSA CTSV and their lower 3-row balancer. It all bolts right up to the older LS single serpentine with one A/C compressor belt set ups.
390ciSCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:53 PM   #46
UNRIVALED SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via Yahoo to UNRIVALED SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 390ciSCed View Post
Looks like the Magnuson is 12.5" tall. I just got measurement photos from a guy at Magnuson.

And they do not offer a Mag 2650 for the LS1,2,3,6,7. ONLY fits the LS3 LSA or SC'er Vette engine.

If you want to make it work on an LS1,2,3,6,7....you need to buy the front end accessories from the ZL1 Camaro or the LSA CTSV and their lower 3-row balancer. It all bolts right up to the older LS single serpentine with one A/C compressor belt set ups.

So, it works with everything. You have to swap pulleys.
UNRIVALED SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:52 PM   #47
390ciSCed

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNRIVALED SS View Post

So, it works with everything. You have to swap pulleys.
Yea, if you keep it on an engine stand......LOL

Most cars....it will not fit under the cowl or factory hood. Magnuson just lost thousands of sales. Plus its almost $8,000 with needed options.....

And....NO....you don't just swap pulleys. Re-Read my post....you need to buy the entire front end drive parts of an LSA/ZL1. Another $1,800 in parts.

Harrop 2650 is $6200 and makes the same or more power. They made it able to fit ALL LS model engines....Its made 1,150 FWHP without the 2 inch spacer and only 17psi with a SINGLE 102mm TB.

That Magnuson 2650 in the Camaro that made 1,153 RWHP had a big spacer, is taller than the production 12.5" tall one that you can buy, STICKS WAY OUT OF A CAMARO HOOD and looks ridiculous.....and it uses dual BIG TB's. The one they are selling will make much less power than that Camaro test car did......plus that Camaro for some reason is ridiculously slow in the 1/4 mile.

Oh well....at least they finally put a 2650 version out.......
Old 04-23-2019, 11:31 PM   #48
swiftkart

Quote:

Most cars....it will not fit under the cowl or factory hood. Magnuson just lost thousands of sales. Plus its almost $8,000 with needed options.....

And....NO....you don't just swap pulleys. Re-Read my post....you need to buy the entire front end drive parts of an LSA/ZL1. Another $1,800 in parts.

Harrop 2650 is $6200 and makes the same or more power. They made it able to fit ALL LS model engines....Its made 1,150 FWHP without the 2 inch spacer and only 17psi with a SINGLE 102mm TB.

That Magnuson 2650 in the Camaro that made 1,153 RWHP had a big spacer, is taller than the production 12.5" tall one that you can buy, STICKS WAY OUT OF A CAMARO HOOD and looks ridiculous.....and it uses dual BIG TB's. The one they are selling will make much less power than that Camaro test car did......plus that Camaro for some reason is ridiculously slow in the 1/4 mile.

Last I saw, that test Camaro is running 5.85 in the 1/8th mile, that's not that slow.
I spoke with some Aussies who have the Harrop and they said to wait on the Magnuson for a better quality unit due to theirs not holding up and breaking.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:53 PM   #49
Supermaro54

Drives: 68,87,99 camaro,07TBSS
Quote:

Do you have any idea what you’re rambling about? You’re complaining about your outdated 4th gen platform on a 5th gen board.

Also your argument on that junk harrop 2650 is it made 1,150 flywheel HP compared to the magnuson 1,153 rear wheel HP? Let that sink in for a minute. If you need further explanation, have you ever heard of drivetrain loss?

Post up your results when you get your 2650. Or your rants when it locks up on you. Have a good day
1987 Camaro Iroc-Z, ZR1 blower, TR6060, S60
1968 Camaro SS, YSI 427 ERL in the works.
Supermaro54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:30 AM   #50
390ciSCed

Quote:
Last I saw, that test Camaro is running 5.85 in the 1/8th mile, that's not that slow.
I spoke with some Aussies who have the Harrop and they said to wait on the Magnuson for a better quality unit due to theirs not holding up and breaking.
Never heard of a Harrop breaking........you have any links to that? Or which shop broke one.

What the idiot Supermaro54 does not understand........but it seems that you do understand.........

The 1153 RWHP was made with a Maggy 2650 that nobody will be able to buy and it was maxed out with large DUAL TBs and a big ass cam, LTs and a large spacer which provides a lot more plenum area and a lot more power. Plus, it sticks out of the hood so high you can use it for a chair......

1150 RWHP is much more impressive with only 17psi and not using the 2" tall Harrop spacer and only one smaller TB. Which is more practical and what the public will be able to buy.

Sometimes it takes people like Supermaro54 a few times to read through a post to understand I included all the proper info (FWHP vs RWHP and how each was modded). Maybe he'll stay out of this adult conversation now......

Everyone has been waiting for this Magnuson/Harrop comparison......and now we can all have this conversation.....

I'm thinking after all is said and done, they will be very very close in their power production......its gonna come down to the dyno used. Just the Magnuson will be about $2,000 more and not fit into most cars......so those two factors are big ones.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:58 PM   #51
swiftkart

Quote:
Never heard of a Harrop breaking........you have any links to that? Or which shop broke one.

What the idiot Supermaro54 does not understand........but it seems that you do understand.........

The 1153 RWHP was made with a Maggy 2650 that nobody will be able to buy and it was maxed out with large DUAL TBs and a big ass cam, LTs and a large spacer which provides a lot more plenum area and a lot more power. Plus, it sticks out of the hood so high you can use it for a chair......

1150 RWHP is much more impressive with only 17psi and not using the 2" tall Harrop spacer and only one smaller TB. Which is more practical and what the public will be able to buy.

Sometimes it takes people like Supermaro54 a few times to read through a post to understand I included all the proper info (FWHP vs RWHP and how each was modded). Maybe he'll stay out of this adult conversation now......

Everyone has been waiting for this Magnuson/Harrop comparison......and now we can all have this conversation.....

I'm thinking after all is said and done, they will be very very close in their power production......its gonna come down to the dyno used. Just the Magnuson will be about $2,000 more and not fit into most cars......so those two factors are big ones.
FI Interchiller.com have one and said it's not a quality built piece, there are several in AUS with failures and problems according to them.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:00 AM   #52
390ciSCed

Quote:
FI Interchiller.com have one and said it's not a quality built piece, there are several in AUS with failures and problems according to them.
I spoke with Julian at Harrop, and I know they might not tell you about all the failures they may have.......but we needed a broken, damaged, unusable Harrop 2650 unit so we can do some fitment testing.

I asked to even pay for any damaged or broken units and pay shipping of course.....they said they have none. So I'm assuming they don't just break under normal conditions. 18,000 rpm is the max recommended by Eaton for the 2650 rotors....people are pushing them WAY passed that.......these are the ones that will see occasional failures.

But any SC'er will have failures out in the open market with people pushing them to their limits. Imagine how many Magnusons and Kenne Bell's have exploded over the years.

And...I was waiting patiently for the Magnuson 2650 to come out, I already have a Harrop 2650 on deposit, waiting to pick up. I wanted to see if Magnuson did a better job, but they ruined it by making it so damn tall. I can't use it. I can still fit the Harrop with their 2" spacer because they moved the SC'er forward 2" also.....so it clears the cowl....and the addition of the Harrop 2" spacer made an additional 80 HP on one of their 427ci set ups.....

Oh well......
Old 04-29-2019, 06:41 AM   #53
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
My Harrop equipped engine should be going back in my car in a week or two. Will see how it all runs.
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:52 PM   #54
swiftkart

Quote:
I spoke with Julian at Harrop, and I know they might not tell you about all the failures they may have.......but we needed a broken, damaged, unusable Harrop 2650 unit so we can do some fitment testing.

I asked to even pay for any damaged or broken units and pay shipping of course.....they said they have none. So I'm assuming they don't just break under normal conditions. 18,000 rpm is the max recommended by Eaton for the 2650 rotors....people are pushing them WAY passed that.......these are the ones that will see occasional failures.

But any SC'er will have failures out in the open market with people pushing them to their limits. Imagine how many Magnusons and Kenne Bell's have exploded over the years.

And...I was waiting patiently for the Magnuson 2650 to come out, I already have a Harrop 2650 on deposit, waiting to pick up. I wanted to see if Magnuson did a better job, but they ruined it by making it so damn tall. I can't use it. I can still fit the Harrop with their 2" spacer because they moved the SC'er forward 2" also.....so it clears the cowl....and the addition of the Harrop 2" spacer made an additional 80 HP on one of their 427ci set ups.....

Oh well......
Sounds promising since it fits under the hood. Interesting that you said 18,000 rpm was the max, Magnuson says 24,000 rpm for their version of the TVS2650.

Last edited by swiftkart; 04-29-2019 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:48 AM   #55
390ciSCed

Quote:
Sounds promising since it fits under the hood. Interesting that you said 18,000 rpm was the max, Magnuson says 24,000 rpm for their version of the TVS2650.
What Magnuson says means nothing. Eaton says 18,000rpm for warranty purposes. Doesn't mean these 2650 rotors won't go well past 18,000, and we know most people will spin them faster......but thats what the manufacturer recommends for warranty.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:39 AM   #56
390ciSCed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvenicess View Post
My Harrop equipped engine should be going back in my car in a week or two. Will see how it all runs.
Can't wait to see how it performs.....