Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 09-21-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Removing the French side mirror sticker

What's the best method for removing the passenger window's French worded sticker and is it illegal to do so?

I tried a tiny corner with a razor, but man, that thing is on good. Maybe some WD40 will loosen it up.

I just don't want to start removing it and find then find out that it's impossible to get rid of the residue.

Thanks!
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
What's the best method for removing the passenger window's French worded sticker and is it illegal to do so?

I tried a tiny corner with a razor, but man, that thing is on good. Maybe some WD40 will loosen it up.

I just don't want to start removing it and find then find out that it's impossible to get rid of the residue.

Thanks!
Rip it off.... There's no law to keep it there.... Use a single sided blade, and go to work The residue can be removed with Methyl hydrate, Acetone, or what ever you have.
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
RCLapCar

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 HB/JB
I just peeled mine off. No residue was left. If you have any residue left you can dab with the sticky side of the sticker on it to pull it off. Anything more stuborn should come right off with Goo Gone (available at Crappy Tire).
Old 09-21-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Mine came right off and WD40 took care of the glue residue.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:03 AM   #5
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Thanks Guys, I'll give it another try!
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote