Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-25-2015, 01:49 PM   #15
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Drives: 11 2SSRS Vert, 11 CBR250
Everyone is talking price... Im going at this blind.. as I did with the 2011 vert. I luckily had a significant amount put aside for this. This time it wont be the same. Any word on how much the 2SS are looking? Is is going to be around 45K again?
Old 09-25-2015, 06:10 PM   #16
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
i'm thinking a 2SS Vert will be around 50K. I am thinking about getting a 19 for my 50th Birthday and since I had a 69 Vert I think that would make a great birthday present. House is paid off, car is paid off, kids will be out of the house then. Or a C7 Vette Vert. Decisions, Decisions?
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:37 PM   #17
Trifecta23

Drives: 2013 Dusk 2ss/RS conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
i'm thinking a 2SS Vert will be around 50K. I am thinking about getting a 19 for my 50th Birthday and since I had a 69 Vert I think that would make a great birthday present. House is paid off, car is paid off, kids will be out of the house then. Or a C7 Vette Vert. Decisions, Decisions?
Why did you sell your 69?

jdm
Trifecta23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:44 AM   #18
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
The new vert top design is nearly identical to the stingrays. Dealerships & owners I've talked to have reported zero issues with their stingray tops. This is why I think GM will get it right this time.

Ford's not completely on top of the game either. Mustang vert owners are reporting that they don't get their tonneau caps with their new vehicles & that it's a royal pain getting Ford to send them.

With the 6th gen verts, the rear decklid covering the top when it's down will virtually eliminate any top abrasion from the fabric "flapping" in the wind.
I'm willing to give GM one more try.
Some will give them another try, some won't. I'm one of the ones that won't. I certainly wouldn't be going to Ford for a new car. Not sure where I would go. Thankfully it's not an issue as I plan to keep my 2013 for a long time to come.

The new system sounds great but even if I were willing to give them another shot, I would be waiting a few years to see what type of problems, if any, show up.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:41 PM   #19
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
I sold my 69 Vert back in 90 to purchase an all original 1969 Cougar with 47 thousand miles on it. Got it for $2500 then. Held on to it until 98 and sold it for $7500. Then I bought a 95 Firebird Convertible. The Cougar was a must have. Non restored original. Still have the original tires on it along with plugs wires etc. It was a must buy now or forever kick myself in the ass type of deal. So I bought it.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:14 PM   #20
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Drives: 11 2SSRS Vert, 11 CBR250
im betting on the 50K price.. the 69 vert is pretty and i def dont blame you for playing around with the Cougar! my dad has a 76 vert that im waiting until i make some more money to start rebuilding it. It has been sitting since 2005... to say the least it needs a COMPLETE rebuild. The only thing still good on it is the body.. paint is stripping, seats a cracked and it has more spiders in there than I care to count.. :(