Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
MightymouseSS

Drives: 2011 LS3
BMR trailing arms

Getting NF cammed soon. I was wondering if these bmr trailing arms will help it hook up. I know everyone always goes crazy with power but its nothing if you can't get it to the ground.
SLP loudmouth 2
Nightfury Cam
Mike Norris CC
Tuned by Southwest Speed
MightymouseSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Yes, along with subframe bushings. I'm not putting the same power down but my can never hops.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightymouseSS View Post
Getting NF cammed soon. I was wondering if these bmr trailing arms will help it hook up. I know everyone always goes crazy with power but its nothing if you can't get it to the ground.
The short answer....YES! Longer answer....Trailing arms are known to help reduce and/or help eliminate wheel hop. If you get rid of the wheel hop, you will definitely "hook up" better off the line. And you're absolutely correct, all the HP in the world doesn't do you a darn bit of good if you can't apply it!!! So....any suspension mods are money well spent in my book!!! I would recommend the TCA027 or TCA033 with the spherical bearings. And definitely upgrade the outer T/A Bushing while you're at it....BK006. Call Kyle at BMR....he'll hook you up!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
The trailing arms will definitely help with the unwanted movement in the rear suspension which will combat the wheel hop and help you get the power down to the ground. If you are going to do a set of the trailing arms make sure you do the outer trailing arm bushings (BK006) at the same time because they will also help out considerably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Yes, along with subframe bushings. I'm not putting the same power down but my can never hops.
Rear subframe/rear cradle bushings are never a bad idea and one of the first suspension mods we recommend for the late model Camaros. They would definitely be a good option for the OP too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
The short answer....YES! Longer answer....Trailing arms are known to help reduce and/or help eliminate wheel hop. If you get rid of the wheel hop, you will definitely "hook up" better off the line. And you're absolutely correct, all the HP in the world doesn't do you a darn bit of good if you can't apply it!!! So....any suspension mods are money well spent in my book!!! I would recommend the TCA027 or TCA033 with the spherical bearings. And definitely upgrade the outer T/A Bushing while you're at it....BK006. Call Kyle at BMR....he'll hook you up!!!
I couldn't have said it any better myself!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
blazzin1

Personally, I like my TCA033's because they're smaller and lighter than the TCA027's. And someday, if you decide to get really crazy with the upgrades and do the BMR 15" wheel conversion package....well, then you already have the required Trailing Arms to do it!!! But there is definitely something to be said for the super-strong box steel construction of the TCA027 too!!! Either way, it's a win-win situation.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
MightymouseSS

Drives: 2011 LS3
Thanks guys the info guys. Do I need any special tools for the install?
SLP loudmouth 2
Nightfury Cam
Mike Norris CC
Tuned by Southwest Speed
MightymouseSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
blazzin1

Quote:
Getting the OEM outer trailing arm bushings out can be a little challenging, but you can rig up some big sockets or pipe and a threaded rod with some washers, or there are a few vendors that sell removal tools like this one....

http://store.pfadtracing.com/2010-ca...-removal-tool/

Other than that, just simple hand tools.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
tlwarren08

Drives: Camaro SS
I could not AGREE more with this thread!!!! I was going to ask about best suspension upgrades...I'm wanting to build from the rear end up...Learning my two friends one that had a shelby GT 500, and one with a GTO with a 402 stroker Fully bolted!! Took both cars out and well guess what all 500 HP both cars have completely useless since they couldn't hook up!
tlwarren08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #9
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
The root cause of wheel hop in the 5th Gen is movement in the OEM sub-frame bushings. They are the foundation for all other suspension modifications. Almost as important is IRS alignment. Before you start adding parts to your 5th Gen it is a a good idea to rear the Book of 5th Gen. The highlighted chapters are most relevant to Wheel Hop and Suspension Upgrades.

Pedders 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Suspension Evaluation

Foundational 5th Gen Required Upgrades

Lowering Coils and Coilovers

Trouble Free, OEM Quiet V6 Lowering

Sway Bars

Suspension Bushes

ZL1 / CTS-V Brake Upgrade for the SS

Wheels and Tires

Bush Timing, Alignment and Torque Specs

Pedders USA Camaro 2.0

Lingenfelter L/28 Tech

5th Gen Wheel Hop and Drag Race Setup

Thermal Management

Running Changes Made to the 5th Gen by Chevrolet

Public Track Test #1

Public Track Test #2 Camaro vs. Mustang Supercar Shootout

2013 Strut Mounts, Pedders Coilover Pre-Compression and Ride Height Settings
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #10
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
We use BMR all the time to help get the NightFury power down to the ground!
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #11
BMR Sales

Quote:
The install on these parts can definitely be done with simple hand tools and I will say that the majority of our customer install these parts in their garage or driveway. The factory outer trailing arm bushings can be a pain in the butt to get out but it can be done with hand tools also. Here is a link to one of the more simple DIY ways to remove the bushings.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178025

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlwarren08 View Post
I could not AGREE more with this thread!!!! I was going to ask about best suspension upgrades...I'm wanting to build from the rear end up...Learning my two friends one that had a shelby GT 500, and one with a GTO with a 402 stroker Fully bolted!! Took both cars out and well guess what all 500 HP both cars have completely useless since they couldn't hook up!
We try to explain this to everyone the best we can but sometimes you people have to learn this on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
We use BMR all the time to help get the NightFury power down to the ground!
Thanks for the good words!
Old 10-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #12
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
Installed my 27s and bushings today...BIG difference!

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #13
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGDM View Post
Installed my 27s and bushings today...BIG difference!
Awesome! I am glad the TCA027s and BK006s we sent out to made a nice noticeable difference. If there is anything else we can help you out with let us know.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:16 PM   #14
Blake Thompson
Lobe-La

Drives: 2012 ss red black stripes
Hey yall are talking a lot about the tca 027 and 033s. What about the 026s? They look to be the same but one has poly and the other doesn't. I'm trying to do a budget drag car but not sure why I should pay an extra 100-200 $$$ for the same thing. And yes when I say budget I mean I'm broke as a joke ������
Blake Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote