Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-19-2011, 10:36 AM   #15
Bouncer

Drives: Black, LT2 / RS,Vert
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. That just sucks. We wait & wait for these sweet rides and people go out of their way to screw with them.

I've already implemented these rules with my wife.
rule #1) Car does not go into a parking lot with buggies.
#2) When parking, park waaay out and take 2 spots. (I'm a big guy & these cars have long doors so 1 spot just is not gonna work.)
#3) Car is not to be used to run to the store. (See rule 1)
#4) If while riding around and we need something from a store, 1 person stays with the car.
#5) If you can't back it into the garage, then you can't take it out for a ride.

I know it's gonna get a ding sooner or later, but I can try to avoid the situations where I know they are most likely to happen. I have a great wife (she must be to put up with me) who knows how long I've waited for this car. We bought this as a cruiser, not an everyday driver so that minimizes the chance of taking a hit somewhat.
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:55 PM   #16
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Angella, I feel your pain. No parking lot is safe. That said I think Bouncer's rules are excellent. We managed to keep my '00 Mercedes C230 dent and ding free for 6 years, plan on doing the same when our vert finally arrives.

Bouncer, I'd like to add something about not parking head-on into curbs or one of those front wheel concrete things - what do you call them? Say good bye to ground effects or trim panel.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #17
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Sorry Ang...
You can't win- park far and you become a target for assholes, park close and your a casualty of inconciderate pricks.

I tend to park far out, UPhill and, whenever possible, with an island or somebother barrier between me and the nearest store. I also generally take 2 spots when practical. But even still, I've had some smart ass in a POS still park next to me!

If possible, I aslo try to park next to an equivalent car in hopes of mutual respect.
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:38 AM   #18
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Drives: 11 2SSRS Vert, 11 CBR250
haha yea~ i will try that~ when i got to the parking lot it was later in the day i figured no more people would show up and there was a mercedes parked just as far as me.. i gave him the respect of parking 3 away from him... lesson learned..
Old 04-20-2011, 02:40 AM   #19
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Sorry Ang...
You can't win- park far and you become a target for assholes, park close and your a casualty of inconciderate pricks.

I tend to park far out, UPhill and, whenever possible, with an island or somebother barrier between me and the nearest store. I also generally take 2 spots when practical. But even still, I've had some smart ass in a POS still park next to me!

If possible, I aslo try to park next to an equivalent car in hopes of mutual respect.
so far so good and i do everything you stated!..i gotta tell ya,SOME of these people have things goin' on upstairs!..(w.t.f!)..just sayin!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:42 AM   #20
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVert View Post
Angella, I feel your pain. No parking lot is safe. That said I think Bouncer's rules are excellent. We managed to keep my '00 Mercedes C230 dent and ding free for 6 years, plan on doing the same when our vert finally arrives.

Bouncer, I'd like to add something about not parking head-on into curbs or one of those front wheel concrete things - what do you call them? Say good bye to ground effects or trim panel.
Good point on parking near a curb OrangeVert. I will defiantly keep that in mind. I think I can add no parking in the street to my list. Last thing I need is to be side-swiped. Funny, I was just talking to my wife about Easter lunch with her family, supper with mine. I told her we would not be taking the car to her mom's, but would to my mom's. When I brought up the point of 2 huge Magnolia trees at her mom's....and the fact that I'm always scrubbing bird crap off her Accura. Luckily she has agreed that I was right not to park there. (BTW, no trees at my Mom's.) Maybe I'm being a bit anal in my planning, but it's what I do.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:49 AM   #21
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Good point on parking near a curb OrangeVert. I will defiantly keep that in mind. I think I can add no parking in the street to my list. Last thing I need is to be side-swiped. Funny, I was just talking to my wife about Easter lunch with her family, supper with mine. I told her we would not be taking the car to her mom's, but would to my mom's. When I brought up the point of 2 huge Magnolia trees at her mom's....and the fact that I'm always scrubbing bird crap off her Accura. Luckily she has agreed that I was right not to park there. (BTW, no trees at my Mom's.) Maybe I'm being a bit anal in my planning, but it's what I do.
Just take your car cover with you to her mom's.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #22
vmlknight

Drives: '11 IOM/IO 2SSRS Vert
X marks the spot

When I park in a lot - I find where 4 spots are open together and park on top of the intersection of the 4 spots. X marks the spot.
vmlknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #23
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Just take your car cover with you to her mom's.
Dooh! Ya got me on that....I made the mistake of not ordering a cover when I got the car. It is on order, but I do not think it's going to make it for Sunday. I have a very cool wife. Been with her for 20 years, married for 15.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #24
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmlknight View Post
When I park in a lot - I find where 4 spots are open together and park on top of the intersection of the 4 spots. X marks the spot.
Yup... done that too; keep in mind tho- you run the risk of becoming a target when.you draw that much atten to youself...

You really can't win- sux
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:35 AM   #25
rainey85

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro Vert.
It never fails that no matter how far out I park someone ALWAYS parks next to my car. It's so frustrating!!

rainey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #26
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmlknight View Post
Thats just asking for trouble.
There are a lot of people out there that will react strongly to people that park that way. They feel that anybody that parks that way thinks they are better than everyone else, and they will have a tendency to get even.
It may not be right, it may not be fair to those of us that are just trying to protect our cars, but......
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #27
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Ha

an RS/SS convertible should only be used to drive around, then when done, carefully put it back into your garage, which is the last coordinate it was parked originally. (don't leave it anywhere.)

It should not be parked unattended anywhere except your house. For any other driving needs, use a 1996 toyota corolla, chevy cavalier or equivalent vehicle therein.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #28
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
2001ragtop, couldn't agree with you more. There is only ONE safe place to park. OrangeVert will be a garage-only resident!!

My "other" is a 1993 Toyota mini-pickup with 293k miles.

Last edited by OrangeVert; 04-21-2011 at 12:50 PM. Reason: spelling
OrangeVert is offline   Reply With Quote