Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-23-2023, 05:07 AM   #1
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Numbers, Numbers, Numbers!

I have been told by people from GM and also by people on this and other sites that GM did not track/record numbers for the cars that went out with a 6 speed manual versus an automatic.

I have always found this hard to believe, frankly. If only from an A/P and A/R perspective, a business needs to track expenses and inventory coming and going.

I have spent the better part of a year trying to track down the number of 6 speed manual, 2015 SS/RS verts in the Commemorative Edition that were made.

However, I see at this Mecum auction link for this 2013 Hot Wheels edition, they clearly state that this car is 1 of 57 that came with a 6 speed manual.

I ask the Car Gods, "Where did this information come from? How do they know??"

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0115-20...s-convertible/

(This rant has been brought to you by the people who wake up at Zero Dark-Thirty and can't get back to sleep.)
Old 03-23-2023, 06:00 AM   #2
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
from this sticky
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315223

fbodfather compiled this info on his own (GM does not officially do it). It was an extreme amount of work and at the point he stopped he had gotten ill it was just too overwhelming to keep up with.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 06:08 AM   #3
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
from this sticky
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315223

fbodfather compiled this info on his own (GM does not officially do it). It was an extreme amount of work and at the point he stopped he had gotten ill it was just too overwhelming to keep up with.
Ah, so that's where Mecum got their info. Maybe I can be Mecum's source for the Commemorative Edition...grin... I have spent many, many hours trying to find these cars. I can understand the amount of work he (fbodfather) put into it.

And yep, GM does not do it, which is baffling to me. I got a letter from them suggesting I contact some third party outfit. I did and never heard back.