Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-24-2020, 07:39 PM   #1
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
LiquiVinyl V.3 Front Splitter

Some of you were interested in this splitter on another thread. I thought I might add some feedback on this item for you guys.

I bought it mid last week, shipped within days on Friday, and arrived today. Not bad.

Got it here;

https://ffperformance.co/product/liq...SABEgIfOvD_BwE

It was packaged in brown cardboard with FRAGILE and DO NOT BEND all over it. Nice. Made it with no damage.

The splitter has a beautiful finish. Deep gloss black, a small rubber trim.

It came with the decal on the side (in case you dont want it), hardware for the splitter (which I will probably not use - going to rivet that bad boy), and hardware for the 'fins'.

I ordered the fins too... they weren't much more. Interested to see how these look on. They're made out of aluminum when the rest of the splitter is hard plastic.

It came with no instructions, but c'mon its not rocket science.

I bought a box of new rivets, dug up my rivet gun and drill... and I'll report back with install pics once installed.

Here are some pics shortly after opening;
Attached Images

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:41 PM   #2
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Looking forward to seeing this installed.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:59 PM   #3
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
I'm interested in this but if we have to make our way of installing it. I compare it to the junk sold on eBay. I have high hopes for it still. But if I rivet something to the front for a splitter. I might as well buy the OEM splitter for the 1LE and mount that one. I hope it comes out.
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:35 PM   #4
Spec
Account Suspended

Correction, seems to be made out of an aluminum composite. Feels light like hard plastic... nice.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:54 PM   #5
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokrz187 View Post
I'm interested in this but if we have to make our way of installing it. I compare it to the junk sold on eBay. I have high hopes for it still. But if I rivet something to the front for a splitter. I might as well buy the OEM splitter for the 1LE and mount that one. I hope it comes out.

Sits flat on the underside of the fascia. You will not see the rivets... and you can spread them out at will and install as many as you feel comfortable installing.

After my experience with Splitters, I will spare no expense on securing this thing properly to the underside of my ride... even if I have to add 20-30 rivets to hold that thing in place securely. I'm not planning on using the supports... at least not right now.

The rivets are my idea. You can remove the fascia, drill your holes, install the supplied hardware just fine without instructions too. Again, its not rocket science for anyone with 2 brain cells. Instruction manual be damned...
Old 07-24-2020, 09:55 PM   #6
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Looking forward to seeing this installed.

Me too!

Got late on me today, going to hit this tomorrow...
Old 07-25-2020, 10:06 AM   #7
jokrz187

Yeah, I thought their website said aluminum. Can't wait to see the finished install. I do like the look of this, and feel this is a way better product than most on eBay.
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:26 PM   #8
Spec
Account Suspended

Well, overall it took me about an hour to install it by myself in my driveway with a pair of Rhino Ramps.

I think I went a little rivet crazy. But again, I don't want that thing falling off at speed. It definitely isn't going anywhere.

I duct taped the splitter to the fascia first. That was fun... finagle over and over again until its juuuust right.

Once I was satisfied with the positioning, I went to town with drilling and riveting. I didn't extend the splitter too far out in front of the nose out of fear of too much scraping everywhere I go. There's also not much grip underneat the fascia for the rivets to grasp on to. Except for a centerline, and the front lip, the rest is fairly flimsy plastic with too much play to support the splitter.

Had to get creative on the backside with some strong zip ties holding the backside up so it doesn't sag since most of the rivets are up front.

Overall, though, loving the look. It adds a nice gloss finish to go with the gloss CF fog light bezels and glossy CF hood.

Here are a few pics... I'll get some better ones in the morning after a wash, some dressing, and some better lighting.
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2020, 02:33 AM   #9
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Nice Job!!
Old 07-26-2020, 08:05 AM   #10
Spec
Account Suspended

Thanks! Not my finest work, but its on there strong.

Took it out for a test drive and the front end does feel a tad firmer. A bit more drag maybe too... could just be me tho.

No issues at high speed, no unusual noises or rattling.

Not a bad idea using rivets to hold this thing securely.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:17 AM   #11
jokrz187

Those are some great pics. Yep, came out great. So are you going to use the rods? Seems like can be put on at any depth sticking out far or not. You did a great job on that.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:20 PM   #12
Spec
Account Suspended

Thanks Bro. Looks good I think too... taking a bit getting used to. But glad its done... been a long time coming.

Old 08-01-2020, 09:39 AM   #13
Spec
Account Suspended

Shots after a wash and dressing. I'm loving the look. It matches my glossy ZL1 spoiler and wicker too. I may not install the supports at all.

I didn't add the 'fins' yet... that may be an option for later.

Have a great, safe weekend everyone!
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2020, 09:14 PM   #14
Scooter18155

Drives: 2010 ss/rs 6 speed manual
Nice I’m looking to add a splitter to my zl1 front bumper. This looks like a nice one. But any pictures of what the fins look like installed?
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Scooter18155 is offline   Reply With Quote