Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #15
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Man if I weren't dropping money on go fast stuff, this would be in the mail already lol
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:33 PM   #16
Marty Z

Drives: 2015 Bright Yellow 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzinn View Post
Will they have the 1.2 on their website to order now? Are you loving it now thats its dialled in? One of the main reasons I want to upgrade is make the stock BA system sound a bit better, will the Kenwood unit help with improved sound? I know it has a better amp in it than stock.
Thanks Marty!
The new version is not hardware, it's the software. You need to flash the RR in the very beginning with your HU specs and steering wheel control selections. And every time after if you want updates.

So yes, the updated software is available on their website now.

I am loving it, but not because of the sound. To be honest, that was on the bottom of my requirements list. My requirements were dual camera, CD/DVD player, android auto, and HD Radio.

But it does get better reception then the stock radio
Marty Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:29 PM   #17
kruzinn

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Z View Post
The new version is not hardware, it's the software. You need to flash the RR in the very beginning with your HU specs and steering wheel control selections. And every time after if you want updates.

So yes, the updated software is available on their website now.

I am loving it, but not because of the sound. To be honest, that was on the bottom of my requirements list. My requirements were dual camera, CD/DVD player, android auto, and HD Radio.

But it does get better reception then the stock radio
Thanks! Excited to get one
kruzinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:27 PM   #18
Marty Z

The front camera issue is nit fixed yet, still turning on the front camera view at random. But everything else works now. I will be contacting ADS again about the camera issue.

One word of advice, the t-harness takes up a lot of room. Cut off as much plastic from the bottom of the stereo cavity as structurally possible. I actually have the RR vedged between the vent and carpet behind the dash.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:40 PM   #19
kruzinn

Quote:
The front camera issue is nit fixed yet, still turning on the front camera view at random. But everything else works now. I will be contacting ADS again about the camera issue.

One word of advice, the t-harness takes up a lot of room. Cut off as much plastic from the bottom of the stereo cavity as structurally possible. I actually have the RR vedged between the vent and carpet behind the dash.
T-harness? So, the Idata kit doesn't fit properly? Man, I may just get the PAC. The video for Idata shows it fitting perfect.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:01 PM   #20
Marty Z

They all have a t-harness. That is the wiring harness between the car, stereo, and interface module. Hence t-harness, it's a 3 way connection. You with have the same issue with pac, scosche, and metra kits. There is no getting arpund it.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:49 PM   #21
Marty Z

the front camera issue has been fixed.
apparently it wasn't an issue but an option in the RR to turn on the front camera view at low speeds. who would have thunk?
Old 06-12-2019, 10:53 PM   #22
kruzinn

Quote:
the front camera issue has been fixed.
apparently it wasn't an issue but an option in the RR to turn on the front camera view at low speeds. who would have thunk?
Glad it's working flawless now Marty, way to pave the path!
Old 06-14-2019, 10:26 PM   #23
NOVAK

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I believe the dash kit and RR doesn’t retain the factory satellite radio? Can anyone confirm? I believe we would have to order the adapter for the stock satellite antenna and connect it to the Sirius xm module, then connect to the head unit, to avoid installing the aftermarket sirius antenna.
NOVAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:41 AM   #24
Marty Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAK View Post
I believe the dash kit and RR doesn’t retain the factory satellite radio? Can anyone confirm? I believe we would have to order the adapter for the stock satellite antenna and connect it to the Sirius xm module, then connect to the head unit, to avoid installing the aftermarket sirius antenna.
That's correct, it doesn't retain the satellite radio. Not sure if the other kits do either.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:42 AM   #25
Marty Z

Ok, so probably nobody cares at this point, but I will give an update anyway. Just about 2 weeks in and i'm loving it. The climate controls take some getting used to, going from the knobs to the touch screen, but having all the extras that are offered is worth it.

There are still a few bugs, mostly inconvenient issues, not problems, but I am bringing them up to ADS and they are correcting them very quickly.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:33 AM   #26
SS_CTS-V

Drives: 2015 SS, 2006 CTS-V (wrecked...)
Updates are appreciated, thanks for taking the time.
SS_CTS-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:15 AM   #27
trclee

Drives: 2011 SS LS3
Can you take a night pic? I want to see the buttons lit up. I have the same kit just waiting on a couple other parts before I start installing it.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:07 PM   #28
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
I’m ordering this kit at the end of the week, are you still having bug issues? If so what
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote