Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-16-2016, 01:39 AM   #1
brownmamba24

Drives: 2014 Black Camro 1ss Auto
Help! What to do for new mods?

Hey Guys,

So its that time of they year for me where I will mod my car a little more. So last year I got Stainless Works Catback Exhaust, CAI Cold Air Intake, Solo Hi Flo Cats, Apex race scoop and windshield water bottle relocator and a tune from Ted at Jannetty Racing.

This year I am planning on adding Front Splitter and Front Tire Wind Deflectors both from ACS. As for the engine I am thinking of doing Stainless Works LT Headers or Dynatech LT Headers. What do you guys think of that? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
brownmamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:41 AM   #2
brownmamba24

Drives: 2014 Black Camro 1ss Auto
Also I am replacing my tires and was thinking of doing the same Pirelli P Zero. But any cheaper recommendation would be great
brownmamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 05:02 AM   #3
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Performance mods: LT Headers (SWs are very popular here) should make a significant difference, but you may have to update your tune to get the max out of them. Check with Ted.

Appearance mods: The choice is yours.

Tires: You're from BC - do you drive your car year round? If so, you may want to go to an all-season tire. Check with the guys in the Tires forum. The price of the PZeros is down a good bit from a few years ago. Competition is a wonderful thing.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 06:53 AM   #4
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Have fun with the new mods! IMO, the cosmetics are your judgment. They are very subjective and if you like them then go for them. For the performance aspect, between the headers you listed, I'd go with the Stainless Works headers. You don't hear much about Dynatech headers here, but Stainless Works are very highly recommended and since you have a Stainless Works catback, might as well complete the ensemble.

An additional thing that I'd recommend is a ported TB. They really wake the car up IMO. I got Bo White to port mine and he did an excellent job! Don't forget to save some money for a tune too. When you install your headers it's only a matter of time before you get a CEL and the only way to get rid of it is to get a tune.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 06:57 AM   #5
Bobbyrage14SS

Drives: 2014 2SS, Summitt White
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Have fun with the new mods! IMO, the cosmetics are your judgment. They are very subjective and if you like them then go for them. For the performance aspect, between the headers you listed, I'd go with the Stainless Works headers. You don't hear much about Dynatech headers here, but Stainless Works are very highly recommended and since you have a Stainless Works catback, might as well complete the ensemble.

An additional thing that I'd recommend is a ported TB. They really wake the car up IMO. I got Bo White to port mine and he did an excellent job! Don't forget to save some money for a tune too. When you install your headers it's only a matter of time before you get a CEL and the only way to get rid of it is to get a tune.

What exactly does a ported TB do for the car Pyro? Ive been looking into ways to mod my car without breaking the bank yet, and i keep thinking about this.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:11 AM   #6
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyrage14SS View Post
What exactly does a ported TB do for the car Pyro? Ive been looking into ways to mod my car without breaking the bank yet, and i keep thinking about this.
The primary benefit of a ported throttle body is throttle response. This is especially true in automatic cars. My L99 went from not spinning the wheels to being able to actually do a burnout. REALLY wakes the car up! A secondary benefit is a couple of horsepower gain. Don't get your hopes up too high you will see less than 5 rwhp gains. If you plan on major modifications later this is a must do for allowing your vehicle to breathe easier.

In my opinion, Bo White is the best while others are a big fan of VMAX. Just beware of BBK. Their throttle bodies have had a history of sticking.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
front splitter, header, mods