Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 07-09-2015, 09:20 AM   #71
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Gonna ask a question on this.

If i get a complete powered passenger seat from a 12 or newer can I just swap out bases and is there a lot of re-wiring to do???
I have a 2010 SS with heated leather, power recline, and passenger airbag
You'll need to transfer the air bag slide sensor that's riveted to the frame from the '10 seat. It's all listed above. Read the posts from the beginning. It explains is all. Good Luck.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:38 PM   #72
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Disclaimer- I'm going to place this here because lately I've had people PM'ing me asking me specific questions about troubleshooting their seat wiring and frankly, I cannot help the majority of them, although I wish I could.

FIRST- I am not a wire-biter. I am handy with a wrench, but I don't know the ins and outs of wiring, schematics, and troubleshooting electrical problems beyond novice level. I got lucky on this seat and stumbled and fumbled and figured out a couple of things on my own and got it to work without letting the electrical smoke out of the switches and wiring.

This is for a specific model and year swap, and only did the base of the seat which came complete with the motor. I tried to explain as best as I could in the event someone wanted to try this on their own.

I'll still try and help anyone who asks, but don't be too disappointed if I can't. Thank you.

But I did finally find the correct p/n for the inner lower hinge finish panel on the inboard side of the passenger seat. 22925357 and lists for around 60 bucks, although you can get it for a bit over 40 in most places.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774

Last edited by el ess A; 11-24-2015 at 01:51 PM.
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 02:10 PM   #73
QUICRNU

Drives: Z06 wannabe
This was a great write up, thank you for your help. I just Swapped 2011+ Leather Seats into my 2010 and swapped the Airbag sensor.

Thank You! and Thanks to Ofer for pointing me in this direction.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:54 AM   #74
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Guys an update to this thread, if your adding the Recaro seat's for 2010 car, drivers will work out of the box, all you need to do is fallow how to move the Airbag sensor for the passenger seat, it will work we have done it.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:50 PM   #75
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
If only you could find affordable Recaro's
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:47 AM   #76
SuperNova

Drives: SS12
There is any way to add a memoir seat to the electrical seats !! ?? so we can just save 2 or more more adjusted seat.

Regards
SuperNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #77
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
If I found a non powered Recaro seat could I just ransfer my power stuff to the seat?
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:05 AM   #78
paul3078

Drives: 2024 Nitro Yellow 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
If I found a non powered Recaro seat could I just ransfer my power stuff to the seat?

I have the same question, did you ever get an answer?
paul3078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:59 PM   #79
Archer1337

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Angry Airbag connection issues, passenger seat

For the longest time I’ve been dealing with a certain ABS airbag light that just doesn’t want to go away. I ran a diagnostic and from what I can determine the failure is coming from the passenger airbag sensor, so I did the logical thing and ordered a replacement.

Upon replacement, the light did not go away and the diagnostic code referred me to a connection issue as the sensor and the computer on my car were not communicating.

Then I though that perhaps a wire had come loose during replacement, as I had to remove the seat in order to get to the old sensor.

There are three different wires that connect to the airbag sensor from what I’ve been able to understand, one green, one black and the other red with a white stripe. The red wire isn’t connected to anything once I trace it back under the seat yet the green and black are. Simple fix right? Plug the red and white back into its socket and call it a day?

Except the white and red stripe doesn’t seem to have a pin on the end of the wire...

My question being... does that particular wire come unconnected by factory or did I somehow manage to remove it along with the pin? If so, can I recconect the circuit without blowing my airbags?
Attached Images

Archer1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:31 AM   #80
ILIKEME

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I neen the part in picture 1 with a couple inches of wires. anyone know where to find

Anyone know the part number or where i could get the part at with a couple inches of wires would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer1337 View Post
For the longest time I’ve been dealing with a certain ABS airbag light that just doesn’t want to go away. I ran a diagnostic and from what I can determine the failure is coming from the passenger airbag sensor, so I did the logical thing and ordered a replacement.

Upon replacement, the light did not go away and the diagnostic code referred me to a connection issue as the sensor and the computer on my car were not communicating.

Then I though that perhaps a wire had come loose during replacement, as I had to remove the seat in order to get to the old sensor.

There are three different wires that connect to the airbag sensor from what I’ve been able to understand, one green, one black and the other red with a white stripe. The red wire isn’t connected to anything once I trace it back under the seat yet the green and black are. Simple fix right? Plug the red and white back into its socket and call it a day?

Except the white and red stripe doesn’t seem to have a pin on the end of the wire...

My question being... does that particular wire come unconnected by factory or did I somehow manage to remove it along with the pin? If so, can I recconect the circuit without blowing my airbags?
ILIKEME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:32 AM   #81
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Installed 2012 zl1 seats in 2011 1lt rs
Yesterday throws airbag code today it doesnt

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:35 AM   #82
Scooter18155

Drives: 2010 ss/rs 6 speed manual
Just subscribing to this to make it easy to find again. As I’ll probably be doing this soon.
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Scooter18155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 02:35 PM   #83
Scooter18155

Drives: 2010 ss/rs 6 speed manual
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to update some information I figured out.

I have a 2010 Camaro ss/rs and I traded my seats plus cash for recaro seats. I didn’t want to mess with the wiring on my “10 seats as if they threw a code on the car I got the recaros out of the deal was going to be off. So I didn’t want to risk removing that sensor even though all the info I read implied it would be ok.

I have looked and looked tried explaining what I needed to people parting out cars. Got sent seats supposedly out of another “10 car and no sensor I needed. Been looking over a year now to no avail.

One of the sets of seats I got had drivers side. I realized that drivers side seat has the identical sensor but on the opposite rail. So I pulled that sensor installed it in the passenger seat figured it was easy enough to do and try and low and behold it worked no more air bag light.

So if your in a situation I was in and don’t have the sensor out of the 2010 passenger seats to install a drivers side sensor in its place will work you just put it on the same rail it came off the drivers seat and the drivers side sensor I got was from a newer seat then 2010 (matching pass seat I got with it had no sensor so I assuming seats were from 2011+car) so sensor from any year drivers seat will also work on “10 pass side car to install recaros or newer power seats. Just thought this info might help someone else.
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Scooter18155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 02:11 PM   #84
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
So I don't normally revive such an old thread but I'm tackling this soon. I picked up seats out of a 2013 that I'm swapping into my 2010. I honestly just want the red leather lol. I'm at work so I've been skimming this thread. Am I correct in thinking that, 1. The drivers seat and rear seats will plug and play? 2. For my passenger seat, I just have to swap over the seat position sensor from my 2010 passenger seat to my 2013 seat? 3. I have to swap the seatbelt catches from my 2010 to the 2013 seats? I think I saw a post saying they are different sizes. Just trying to get my ducks in a row before I tear apart the car..

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads

Last edited by Arogg; 01-30-2023 at 02:48 PM.
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote