Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 12-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
BryceSexyCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS
Camaro LS retrofit questions and help!

Hello I have a 2012 Camaro LS and I am currently in the process of adding halos and retrofitting HID lights to my car. I have bought the Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini D2S 2.0 (MiniD2SBix) projectors with the Gatling gun bezels. I am wondering if anyone has written up any diy's on how to do this process or anything? Because I am not sure on how to mount the projectors to the light/reflector itself or where I am supposed to cut into the reflector and what size to cut it? So if anyone has any information or anything it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Bryce
BryceSexyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:50 AM   #2
IBM camaro
Texas HT5

Drives: IBM
Look on YouTube there is some members that have done it. I've done my with the same product you have if you get stuck pm me
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
BryceSexyCamaro

Alright so I have been trying to find videos on youtube and such but honestly can't find much on them. I can find videos on the projectors themselves but not any guides or such of them actually being installed on camaro or anything. So if their is a video or something you can suggest that would be awesome? Because I think I figured out how and where to cut on the reflector to install the projector but I just want to make sure I am doing it right but I guess it could also be more of trial and error.
Thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Search up member ddavis. He has a thread where on the second page he has 2 really good videos showing how to do it. Only thing is he uses the mini h1 projectors. Ive had both. Theyre basically the same process but the only thing is your going to need to make the reflector bowl hole a little bigger for the d2s. Other than that, they pretty much mount the same

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
BryceSexyCamaro

Thanks man I found him and it's exactly what I was looking for.
For anyone else looking for him or this info here's the link to his thread with with the video, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=152524&page=2
Thanks

Tags
hid, retrofit