Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 02-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #15
BNRacing

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2019 Camaro 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSCAMARO View Post
Whom ever the we are in "we've reviewed the log and it looks spot on", I believe are the people who have little experience in tuning and reading a log. If you look at the CSV file provided at lines 67 to 191, you'll see as much as four and one-half degrees of timing being pulled. If the ecm had been tuned by a tuner instead of a tooner, there would not be a single degree of retard except for perhaps a small brief amount of burst knock at launch. If you want to see what a WOT 1/4 mile log with not even one degree of retard looks like, let me know and I'll show you some.

I'm not going to get into an argument or specifics with you but you have to understand how the LLT works and what we do in our tunes before you comment. The LLT stock calibration throws a ton of timing at the motor and then backs it down as needed. The Trifecta tune doesn't command more timing at all. The main thing we do in the LLT tune is change the cam phasing, which "artificially" lowers the compression ratio a bit and allows the car to run more timing. We don't tell it to run more, the ECM does that on it's own. That's where we found power on the LLT tune.
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #16
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
What to look for in Data Log?

Thanks TT and BNR for the comments.

While I know this LLT seams to be different on how it acts it is nice to see different comments from people. One day we will nail this down for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
Its not clear why the RPMs drop from 6349 to 4416 and your MAF Hz withdrew lower while still in WOT. Looks like the pedal is still to the metal, but torque management is reducing performance.
I believe that is when it shifted into 2nd gear :-)

FYI. I am only using 93 oct.
I have added a spacer under intake and put on long tube headers. It's more than possible there is a small leak. I can fix it if I know where to start.

Last edited by KalCorp; 02-09-2013 at 02:41 PM.
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #17
2SSCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
I do not want to be argumentative either. I'm just saying an engine is not tuned properly when the ECM regularly pulls several degrees of timing. When adequate octane fuel is used and the tune parameters for MAF, fueling, timing etc. are maximized, several degrees of knock retard should not occur. My experiences are that when the ECM pulls timing, it does it quickly and may even pull more than is warranted for the conditions being encountered. If it does give timing back while under WOT conditions, it does so much more slowly than when it pulled the timing. I am suggesting that setting the advance to a degree where the ECM no longer pulls several degrees of timing will produce better performance than running excess advance and allowing the ECM to take it away and give it back willy nilly.
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #18
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
how do i bring up my data log up like that?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #19
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
how do i bring up my data log up like that?
There is a viewer for the logs. It was posted on their forms sometime ago.

I have to get the name next time I get online for you. Or do a search for ez-flash data log viewer
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote