Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #323
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...that's the ticket......post how much we are wliling to pay, the accountants will surely be convinced to follow that guideline with cheer and goodwill toward fellow consumer enthusiasts....(not)
Old 04-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #324
360ss
ZL1 NIGHTMARES!!!

Drives: LACS+CHEVYS
Common cars come at common prices . This is a legendary z /28 , cost somewhere in the 70's . Let's be realistic
13zl1 #251 NOTHING ELSE MATTER
360ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #325
sho928

Drives: Porsche 928 S4, Mustang GT vert
OldScoolCamaro
ZL1 177 Pilot

"the accountants will surely be convinced to follow that guideline with cheer and goodwill toward fellow consumer enthusiasts....(not)"

Providing a reliable product, that performs, at a fair price is how GM once had brand loyalty that locked up 50% of the NA car market (now less than 20% +/-)

There is a way to build a brand that achieves a higher level of Customer loyalty and trust. I have suggested one, many others are possible.

It will never be back to what it was because the Consumer has changed, we have created what we are getting (buying offshore made goods just to stretch the dollar with no thought towards the consequences).

You are right why should GM extend any goodwill if we do not provide any loyalty in return, we are the mercenaries that will jump ship for a better deal at XYZ brand.

If one side or the other extends an olive branch (trust) first good times may reappear in America

Take a dose of optimism twice a day, I guarantee you will feel better in the morning.
sho928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #326
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
While GM may not be too concerned with selling high volume of these cars and at a steep profit, they certainly are not going to take a loss on them either..my guess..$64,995 oh yeah, plus GG TAX!

Last edited by Mikes SS; 04-04-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #327
z28mass
z28 mass

Drives: 4 gen of camaros, 2012 ZL1 vin#1499
Whatever it will be I don't believe it will be more than the ZL1
z28mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #328
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Its going to cost more than the ZL1, I believe GM already stated that or something similiar with it being slotted above the ZL1.

As others said, this car has so many exclusive go fast goodies in it, all of those come at price.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #329
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28mass View Post
Whatever it will be I don't believe it will be more than the ZL1
I don't know why you wouldn't believe that it's going to be more than the ZL1, since GM has already said it's going to be.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #330
sho928

$ 64,995 is better than 70K or 75K

Now anyone with a $ 60,995?

GM can make a boat load from racing accessories dedicated to the Z28, even with just having re-branded current product manufactures in their catalog.

Sell the Z28 at cost, make the money on the the 10's of thousands of dollars of consumables required to track it.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #331
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho928 View Post

GM can make a boat load from racing accessories dedicated to the Z28, even with just having re-branded current product manufactures in their catalog.

Sell the Z28 at cost, make the money on the the 10's of thousands of dollars of consumables required to track it.
Don't forget the clone builders....

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #332
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...that's the ticket......post how much we are wliling to pay, the accountants will surely be convinced to follow that guideline with cheer and goodwill toward fellow consumer enthusiasts....(not)
You're easily one of my favorite members on this site!!

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #333
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
OldScoolCamaro
ZL1 177 Pilot

"the accountants will surely be convinced to follow that guideline with cheer and goodwill toward fellow consumer enthusiasts....(not)"

Providing a reliable product, that performs, at a fair price is how GM once had brand loyalty that locked up 50% of the NA car market (now less than 20% +/-)

There is a way to build a brand that achieves a higher level of Customer loyalty and trust. I have suggested one, many others are possible.

It will never be back to what it was because the Consumer has changed, we have created what we are getting (buying offshore made goods just to stretch the dollar with no thought towards the consequences).

You are right why should GM extend any goodwill if we do not provide any loyalty in return, we are the mercenaries that will jump ship for a better deal at XYZ brand.

If one side or the other extends an olive branch (trust) first good times may reappear in America

Take a dose of optimism twice a day, I guarantee you will feel better in the morning.
Actually, realism is the best approach, and although I like your rose colored glasses approach, it won't work. Maybe I agree with "we are getting what we created" in one aspect. WE asked for this car, gave our expectations and requests from a collectors standpoint and input,...but, they, GM, can't give away the candy store after creating a monumental machine, based principally upon our requests, because we don't have the expendable income to afford it. It's a purpose built one off ride. And no one should bitch about how many they make, or what the price is.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #334
360ss
ZL1 NIGHTMARES!!!

Drives: LACS+CHEVYS

Quote:

Yeah , somewhere in that neighborhood . If 5,000 dollar difference make or break u then maybe you can't afford it in generally speaking. Like I said lets be realistic
13zl1 #251 NOTHING ELSE MATTER
360ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #335
sho928

Post by OldScoolCamaro
"Actually, realism is the best approach, and although I like your rose colored glasses approach, it won't work. Maybe I agree with "we are getting what we created" in one aspect. WE asked for this car, gave our expectations and requests from a collectors standpoint and input,...but, they, GM, can't give away the candy store after creating a monumental machine, based principally upon our requests, because we don't have the expendable income to afford it. It's a purpose built one off ride. And no one should bitch about how many they make, or what the price is." __________________

Correct the Collector/Speculator can pay what the market will bear, I was thinking about the racer instead.
No classification yet but I think the Z28 would be competitive against 911's (the tamer of the many RS3 versions), and the special light weight M3's, perhaps even stock Ferrari's.

I just thought if one where to put forth the effort, time and money to compete in a racing series at a high level, they could at least subsidize the initial purchase price of the car. Other manufacturers do it as well.

My use of the word of "goodwill" was misplaced as you so appropriately pointed out (I admit I laughed at how efficiently you shot down my notion) any decision on GM's part will be based on a solid business case or marketing campaign.

The only "goodwill" one can expect from GM is a yearly donation to the United Way or other worthy cause.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #336
sho928

Posted by tramtwo

"Don't forget the clone builders...."

Good point, If GM only produces 10% to 20% of actual demand, clones will be a good business if costs can be kept in check by using some cheaper knock offs.

As we all know buying the parts alone (from GM) costs more than the complete package, then the clone builder needs to mark up and cover labor.

However, there are many offshore manufacturers that can digitize and copy any part made in the US (except for ceramic rotors, only a few capable suppliers out there)