Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #43
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey0480 View Post
Correct. And I am referring to evos and not a wrx/sti. 150whp is easily gained from the mods I have listed.
Actually, I was referring to your Evo being compared to the Subaru and him calling BS based on the false comparison.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #44
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
My close friend has a 2013 STI with turbo back, intake and tune and he only takes me off the line. From 2nd gear on he is a half car behind and ever increasing. At high speeds he is in the rear view.
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #45
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
Wrx and STI are worlds apart if u can drive them at the limit. Neither is a drag racer but could be with proper mods I guess. But not their strong point IMO. A friend with a tune and downpipe was wearing out intake header bolt on camaro ss's at the track last weekend. 2-3 tenths faster in the wrx than the ss's. Granted...I think there was some driving issues on those camaros as well. But still...he was running 10.1-2 in 1kft. Strong for a wrx.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:52 AM   #46
Bat Maro

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS L99 A6
in all actuality the Subaru's aren't designed for straight lines they are rally cars. they are meant to be driven through the woods at high speeds lol im pretty sure if we race it will be from a roll and ill smoke him
stainless works HF cats
stainless works 3" retro chambered exhaust
full de-badge of entire car
Bat Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #47
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Maro View Post
in all actuality the Subaru's aren't designed for straight lines they are rally cars. they are meant to be driven through the woods at high speeds lol im pretty sure if we race it will be from a roll and ill smoke him
Yep.

Check out the save they talk about at the end. I would need a new pair of underwear after that.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #48
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2006 Z06
yikes! I would wear brown pants before I rode with that dude. STI is still on the bucket list for one day....
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #49
Bat Maro

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
Yep.

Check out the save they talk about at the end. I would need a new pair of underwear after that.
ok first of all that thing is heavily worked (hes doing all wheel burn outs for christs sake) and some of those twists turns are very similar to a rally race except for the mud and what not. and lets also not forget world rally cars are pretty much stock as far as engine work goes but the suspension is heavily modded. i could post ken block videos of the same crap lol sick video but im sure i could find a camaro or a corvette doing the same/similar thing. there always have to be ONE troll who posts the video of a heavily worked scoobie and says "yep" 99% of the wrx and sti's you will see on the road dont even break 300hp at the crank. this individual is trying to set a record so of course its going to be very impressive but what subarus are world famous for is RALLY racing. this video is very impressive and insane. props to the driver hes a maniac haha
stainless works HF cats
Old 11-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #50
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Maro View Post
ok first of all that thing is heavily worked (hes doing all wheel burn outs for christs sake) and some of those twists turns are very similar to a rally race except for the mud and what not. and lets also not forget world rally cars are pretty much stock as far as engine work goes but the suspension is heavily modded. i could post ken block videos of the same crap lol sick video but im sure i could find a camaro or a corvette doing the same/similar thing. there always have to be ONE troll who posts the video of a heavily worked scoobie and says "yep" 99% of the wrx and sti's you will see on the road dont even break 300hp at the crank. this individual is trying to set a record so of course its going to be very impressive but what subarus are world famous for is RALLY racing. this video is very impressive and insane. props to the driver hes a maniac haha
You really need to reevaluate how you interpret the word, "yep." I was agreeing with you. That is rally. It's called tarmac rally and the sti and similar cars do very well in it, hence the production vehicle world record. Look it up. Dunlop Targa is a great example. It is not my fault you think WRC is the only form of rally.

Also, every sti sold in North America breaks 300hp at the crank. The 305bhp referenced at the beginning of the video is the bone stock power. That specific car has suspension, safety equipment, tires, and an exhaust system. It is also pretty easy to do donuts in a stock sti, you don't need a lot of power.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #51
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
Good time. Congrats! Are you on the nittos? And if you don't mind me asking what are your bolt-ons. I'm hopping to cut about another 4/10s off my current best with some tires and TB & gears.
Thanks, and yea I'm running 275 Nitto 555R's on the stock 20" wheel. As far as what bolt ons, ADM Race intake, Apex scoop, TSP 1 7/8" long tubes, no cats, Corsa cat back, JRE tune and Pfadt springs (although I don't think those help on the strip)

Old 11-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #52
Bat Maro

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
You really need to reevaluate how you interpret the word, "yep." I was agreeing with you. That is rally. It's called tarmac rally and the sti and similar cars do very well in it, hence the production vehicle world record. Look it up. Dunlop Targa is a great example. It is not my fault you think WRC is the only form of rally.

Also, every sti sold in North America breaks 300hp at the crank. The 305bhp referenced at the beginning of the video is the bone stock power. That specific car has suspension, safety equipment, tires, and an exhaust system. It is also pretty easy to do donuts in a stock sti, you don't need a lot of power.
i stand corrected. and my bad!
stainless works HF cats
Old 11-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #53
Bat Maro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
Thanks, and yea I'm running 275 Nitto 555R's on the stock 20" wheel. As far as what bolt ons, ADM Race intake, Apex scoop, TSP 1 7/8" long tubes, no cats, Corsa cat back, JRE tune and Pfadt springs (although I don't think those help on the strip)

nice run! that other camaro was quick what did he run and did he happen to mention mods?
stainless works HF cats