Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2016, 10:18 AM   #15
Ravenwood
 
Ravenwood's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2ss
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Novi MI
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Really, this site is owned by a private entity and not the Federal Government.

Take a Civics class for a refresher ...
Ravenwood is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 10:25 AM   #16
Rainbow1616

 
Rainbow1616's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,207
I think the title was something like " this petition was a complete waste of time"
Rainbow1616 is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 10:58 AM   #17
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars
 
Moto-Mojo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: N. CA
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 View Post
I think the title was something like " this petition was a complete waste of time"
Let's hope not but...I found this statement in the, "What's Not Covered" section of GM warranty interesting:

"AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT ALTERATIONS AND WARRANTIES. The Chevrolet New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any damage or failure resulting from modifications, installations, or alterations to the original equipment as manufactured or assembled by General Motors."

Still a question as to, "failure resulting from..."

http://www.chevrolet.com/owners/warranty.html
__________________
"I don't want to belong to any club that would accept me as a member" - G. Marx
Moto-Mojo is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 11:41 AM   #18
LT1Zob

 
LT1Zob's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 AGM 1LE 2SSRS / 16 BLK C7 Z51 M7
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MI
Posts: 1,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
When a thread is meaningless and turns into a bitch session it gets deleted, plain and simple.
I don't know you, but like your no nonsense approach. You'd be a good guy to have a beer with sometime
__________________
Production # 0065
LT1Zob is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 11:50 AM   #19
Nor Cal ZL1

 
Nor Cal ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 1,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
When a thread is meaningless and turns into a bitch session it gets deleted, plain and simple.
Meaningless?
Sure GM denied to warranty to repair, but a complete powertrain void, on an engine the dealer screwed up on a non power adder is BS in the eyes of many. Oh your rear diff is howling because of bad set up..... must be the catch can. And your leaking caliper.... that was caused by changing to Gorilla locks.

It was a petty dismisal, and voiding the powertrain warranty is pure BS.
Enough BS that I will be looking elsewhere for my next purchase.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 01:45 PM   #20
scandata

 
scandata's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 1,284
Yes, it's huge conspiracy. It was deleted by a black helicopter being piloted by Bigfoot. He gave it to some guys wearing suits and dark sunglasses, driving black SUVs (without catch-cans). It was then delivered it to Area 51. A couple of them may have had clicky-flashy things.
__________________
2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Edition Green Flash (2015 - present)
2014 1LT vert, Blue Ray Metallic (2014 - 2015)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 06:59 PM   #21
Jackass
Doing what I like to do
 
Jackass's Avatar
 
Drives: 1963 Landrover
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Almost at the corner !
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
Meaningless?
Sure GM denied to warranty to repair, but a complete powertrain void, on an engine the dealer screwed up on a non power adder is BS in the eyes of many. Oh your rear diff is howling because of bad set up..... must be the catch can. And your leaking caliper.... that was caused by changing to Gorilla locks.

It was a petty dismisal, and voiding the powertrain warranty is pure BS.
Enough BS that I will be looking elsewhere for my next purchase.
Exactly my point ( meaningless ) !!!
It was at the right place , getting a lot of traffic , and just like that it was moved to a more appropriate place , really !?
I'm getting on that edge , I really like to read as much I can the posts from other camaro owners , whatever it is a mechanical issue , mods , warrantee issues and coverages /exclusions etc
Things tend to happen for a reason , and most of the time that reason is not what it seems to be , or what we are given , and it really sucks when that happen , I do think the one we are pissed about fits that last option
Jackass is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 07:46 PM   #22
Jackass
Doing what I like to do
 
Jackass's Avatar
 
Drives: 1963 Landrover
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Almost at the corner !
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandata View Post
Yes, it's huge conspiracy. It was deleted by a black helicopter being piloted by Bigfoot. He gave it to some guys wearing suits and dark sunglasses, driving black SUVs (without catch-cans). It was then delivered it to Area 51. A couple of them may have had clicky-flashy things.
I didn't see any suggestions directed to what you call ( conspiracy )
But when someone , anyone holds a purse on where a certain portion of what's inside the said purse , he or she can , and normally does things move the way he/she wants , it's called buying power !
One can take the business from one place to another at will , it does apply to anything , consumers ( us ) and B2B
If I don't like the color of the printer you are printing my order , I can , and if I want make you change the printer color , or the room where it is located and I don't really have to say why , specially if I'm a big costumer of yours
That's the way things work , follow the money , and one doesn't even need to look any further !
Jackass is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 08:17 PM   #23
ghosted
BCS Auto
 
ghosted's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass View Post
Exactly my point ( meaningless ) !!!
It was at the right place , getting a lot of traffic , and just like that it was moved to a more appropriate place , really !?
It's called "SUBSCRIBE". You can follow the thread and its responses, even if it is moved to another subforum.
__________________

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 10:26 PM   #24
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 24,760
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass View Post
Exactly my point ( meaningless ) !!!
It was at the right place , getting a lot of traffic , and just like that it was moved to a more appropriate place , really !?
I'm getting on that edge , I really like to read as much I can the posts from other camaro owners , whatever it is a mechanical issue , mods , warrantee issues and coverages /exclusions etc
Things tend to happen for a reason , and most of the time that reason is not what it seems to be , or what we are given , and it really sucks when that happen , I do think the one we are pissed about fits that last option
If a thread is in the right place, logically it cannot be moved to a more appropriate place. I don't know where the thread you're talking about was, or where it was moved to. But if dealt with warranties and was in General Discussions, it was not in the 'right' place.

And I don't know what you're talking about with things not happening for the reason given/expected. We run this site in a pretty transparent manner. We don't fully explain why a thread was moved or deleted or closed, but normally thats because its fairly obvious why we did what we did. If a thread is completely useless, it gets deleted. If it gets horribly derailed with no hope of being set right, it gets closed. If its in the wrong part of the site, it gets moved. Sometimes we act sooner than some members would like, sometimes it takes us too long. But the reason why we do what we do aught to be fairly self evident.

Of course, if you believe that we're conspiring against the thousands upon thousands of members then my words would merely serve to prove your point. Because the REAL reason for why we do what we do isn't what moderators like me say ... its whatever people who have 0 involvement in running this site (and are never privy to any behind the scenes discussions) say it is.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline  
Old 10-13-2016, 09:20 AM   #25
Kamaro223
Kamaro223
 
Kamaro223's Avatar
 
Drives: 1996 & 2016 RS/LT Camaros
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 146
The post/thread about my buying experience is gone. It's not in my posts anymore either. I wrote some cool stuff and now it's all gone :(
__________________
Kamaro223 is offline  
Old 10-13-2016, 09:37 AM   #26
Tran
Administrator
 
Tran's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE baby
Posts: 5,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaro223 View Post
The post/thread about my buying experience is gone. It's not in my posts anymore either. I wrote some cool stuff and now it's all gone :(
Hello, your post was posted in a thread where the thread starter was spamming the forum. The entire thread was therefore removed.
__________________
Tran is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.