Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDTW Custom Wheels & Tires
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2017, 05:00 PM   #1
DenverTaco07


 
DenverTaco07's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,619
Political posts

Seems to me that those that identify as "conservative" think they have some sort of pass on the rules. Nearly all the threads I've ever read the first post injecting politics is from the right wing...and I personally will challenge it each time I see it. I've noticed a couple of times my posts challenging the injection of right-wing politics into a thread (that has NOTHING to do with politics), my posts get scrubbed.

Do conservatives not like to follow the rules and or think that on this forum their ideology is the dominant one and therefore it is ok?

Do the moderators share the right wing ideology and just by nature allow it to go on?

How about the owner of the site, Jason? is he a right-wing guy who also shares this ideology?

I'm just curious...cuz I will continue to challenge insane injections of right-wing politics, like the one over in off-topic safe for work only "funny pictures" that depicts "liberals in America" as Terrorists, I mean its just disgusting.
__________________
2017 SS 1LE | HBM | Vortech V3-Si supercharger (620RWHP and 575ft lbs) | PDR | Black Bowties | Illuminated Front Black Bowtie | Illuminated Door Sills | Smoked Tails

Εξόντωση στους προδότες

1,353,000 We are all prisoners of our own experiences.
DenverTaco07 is offline  
Old 04-26-2017, 05:13 PM   #2
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 Encore, 07 G6, 99 Astro, 16 VW
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 21,524
Things have been relaxed a lot on the site lately, many things that would have gotten people banned or suspended are talked about freely now. I am not sure what posts you are talking about but I report them on both sides, this site has no place for political crap unless it has to do with legislation dealing with automotive subjects, but even then there should be no fingerpointing or other things blaming one party or another. I usually stay out of any thing like that.
That being said I hope you get your point across and we can return to a respectful forum that everyone can feel good about.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...
The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline  
Old 04-26-2017, 05:36 PM   #3
90503


 
90503's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 12,781
Just hit that report button and bring it to a mods attention....Usually offensive posts stay up because the mods don't see them or they haven't been reported as breaking forum rules....
90503 is offline  
Old 04-26-2017, 05:40 PM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 Encore, 07 G6, 99 Astro, 16 VW
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 21,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Just hit that report button and bring it to a mods attention....Usually offensive posts stay up because the mods don't see them or they haven't been reported as breaking forum rules....
I have reported several posts lately that violated forum rules but noithing ever happened, the posts still remain and so do the posters.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...
The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline  
Old 04-26-2017, 05:44 PM   #5
90503


 
90503's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 12,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I have reported several posts lately that violated forum rules but noithing ever happened, the posts still remain and so do the posters.
Only thing I can say is that you should make sure you hit the report symbol on the post you find offensive so the mods don't have to guess or hunt for it....and describe politely why you are reporting it...If nothing happens, PM one of the Mods directly and ask them what's going on...Just putting up another post in the thread objecting to another post doesn't usually get any results...

Good luck....I think the system has worked pretty well....The mods sometimes take their time or are not available right away to look into every report....
90503 is offline  
Old 04-26-2017, 05:53 PM   #6
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 Encore, 07 G6, 99 Astro, 16 VW
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 21,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Only thing I can say is that you should make sure you hit the report symbol on the post you find offensive so the mods don't have to guess or hunt for it....and describe politely why you are reporting it...If nothing happens, PM one of the Mods directly and ask them what's going on...Just putting up another post in the thread objecting to another post doesn't usually get any results...

Good luck....I think the system has worked pretty well....The mods sometimes take their time or are not available right away to look into every report....
Did that man, I've been here a long time and I know how to report posts..
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...
The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline  
Old 04-26-2017, 06:01 PM   #7
90503


 
90503's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 12,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Did that man, I've been here a long time and I know how to report posts..
For sure, didn't mean to suggest otherwise....all I know is we can just report them....how the mods handle each member is up to them....This is the first I've heard of any problems....If posts violate forum rules, I don't think they will be ignored....

...The mods give everyone (myself included) a lot of rope and latitude....Not every post that gets reported necessarily gets deleted or the poster banned...

I know you know all this...just throwin' it out there for perhaps someone not aware of the rules or "report button"...lol...
90503 is offline  
Old 04-26-2017, 06:09 PM   #8
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 Encore, 07 G6, 99 Astro, 16 VW
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 21,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
For sure, didn't mean to suggest otherwise....all I know is we can just report them....how the mods handle each member is up to them....This is the first I've heard of any problems....If posts violate forum rules, I don't think they will be ignored....

...The mods give everyone (myself included) a lot of rope and latitude....Not every post that gets reported necessarily gets deleted or the poster banned...

I know you know all this...just throwin' it out there for perhaps someone not aware of the rules or "report button"...lol...
Does Tran still participate in the forum? I messaged him a little while back about the lack of moderation I was seeing and never got a reply.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...
The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline  
Old 04-26-2017, 06:12 PM   #9
90503


 
90503's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 12,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Does Tran still participate in the forum? I messaged him a little while back about the lack of moderation I was seeing and never got a reply.

I think so... I believe he still starts threads from time to time....How much he or other mods interact with members I couldn't say....
90503 is offline  
Old 04-26-2017, 06:54 PM   #10
Tran
Administrator
 
Tran's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE baby
Posts: 5,418
All reported posts are reviewed by at least me (and likely multiple moderators). If you've reported a post and it remains, then it's been deemed ok. Thank you.
__________________
Tran is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.