Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-27-2023, 09:57 AM   #1
Gina_09

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro lt v6
2014 LT camaro muffler questions????

Hi, I know nothing about mufflers/resonators but I purchased a used 2014 Chevy Camaro LT. The previous owner removed the factory resonator from the car. I do not like the sound at all. I want it back factory sound. I have put some resonators on (aftermarket) didn’t help. Took those off and I think they put cherry bombs On it sounds a little better inside car, But I want it quieter. What should I do fix my problem.

Also does anyone know if a factory pipes/resonator from a 2010 Chevy Camaro SS work for me in this situation or no? I found a used pipe system from a SS model.. the dealership said it wouldn’t work, looks same as LT to me but idk. Any advice would be greatly appreciated…
Gina_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 10:09 AM   #2
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
A V8 cat-back will fit on a V6. If you want something quiet that might be your best and cheapest bet.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 10:42 AM   #3
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
J pipes will remove the resonance the little V6 makes and the local exhaust shop should be able to add some on.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 01:12 PM   #4
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
On the SS exhaust parts, yes they will fit on your V6. The only difference is the pipe diameter. V8's have 2.5 tubing, and the V6 is 2.25 I believe, so they would have to make an adapter for it, or as mentioned, a cat back from an SS will work.
Old 06-27-2023, 02:59 PM   #5
Gina_09

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro lt v6
Ok thanks. This is the factory SS muffler set up I have found and mine is missing the circled part. The previous owner said she had a resonator delete done to the car. So if I buy this used SS pipes setup will it make my car back closer to factory sound as long as the shop can do a fit for the size difference if the tubing
Attached Images

Gina_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 03:11 PM   #6
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
When you said they put Cherry Bombs on there, did they put them in place of the stock mufflers? Or where you had the resonators? Because Cherry Bombs that I had back in the day were pretty loud. What did you have on there for mufflers before that you didn't like it. That stock SS system will be pretty quiet, but not as much if it had that circled resonator still in it.
Old 07-26-2023, 07:24 AM   #7
Ck1984

Drives: 2015 camaro LFX V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina_09 View Post
Ok thanks. This is the factory SS muffler set up I have found and mine is missing the circled part. The previous owner said she had a resonator delete done to the car. So if I buy this used SS pipes setup will it make my car back closer to factory sound as long as the shop can do a fit for the size difference if the tubing
I have the same similar stock cans at the end of this pipe system you want to buy.

you can just have them if you pay shipping from postal code s6v5r3 in sask canada

if you can get the pipes in pic very cheaply i imagine they would tone down 80% of the noise but may still have some mild drone at highway speed as its the resonators that are missing
Aftermarket Oval mufflers
Ck1984 is offline   Reply With Quote