Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 03-04-2010, 03:10 AM   #1
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

Drives: "Marolyn"
Keyless entry switchblade

So I was fooling around on eBay a little bit ago, and I noticed that there were keyless entry switchblades for sell for the new 5th gen camaro. I was wondering if there's a way you could convert the 4th gen keyless entry and key into a keyless entry switchblade. Do anyone have any idea if this can be done?
Fotowns Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:53 AM   #2
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
I'm sure it can be. All that needs to be done is sync the frequencies.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelZ View Post
I'm sure it can be. All that needs to be done is sync the frequencies.
Does anyone have any idea how to to do this? Or maybe a guide or somthing i could read to learn about this? I've been looking to do somthing as a project and I think this just might be the thing
Old 03-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Not unless you replace the 4th gens computer and key switch with that of a 5th gen. The two fobs are programmed differently and use different Passkey systems which do not recognize each other. The 5th gens fob is programmed by the computer plugging the key in the ignition which will not fit into a 4th gen.

It CAN be done with enough money but you really have to ask, is it worth it.

For all that you would have to go though, if I was going to do it I would put the C6 vette hands free entry and starting system in.

p.s. all the keys I've found on ebay are the spares that people get with their cars and are already cut and programmed, not blanks which is what you would need.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #5
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Not unless you replace the 4th gens computer and key switch with that of a 5th gen. The two fobs are programmed differently and use different Passkey systems which do not recognize each other. The 5th gens fob is programmed by the computer plugging the key in the ignition which will not fit into a 4th gen.

It CAN be done with enough money but you really have to ask, is it worth it.

For all that you would have to go though, if I was going to do it I would put the C6 vette hands free entry and starting system in.

p.s. all the keys I've found on ebay are the spares that people get with their cars and are already cut and programmed, not blanks which is what you would need.
well it sounds like I'd have to learn some electronics and such, but I think it would be fun to pull off, as long as it's not wallet breaking. What kind of price tag would I be looking at if I wanted to do this?
Old 03-05-2010, 05:36 AM   #6
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Depends on how much the components are. Probably around $500-$600 not including labor.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote