Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-30-2015, 10:51 AM   #1
MurderMaroSS

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
$400 Budget

So I have about $400 to spend on suspension.

Right now I'm looking at doing Trailing arms, Toe rods, and adjustable rear sway bar.

Car is just a toy that I drive on the weeksends, hit the strip once a month, and might do 1 track day or auto cross event a year just for fun.

Mostly want to improve launching and 2nd hitting twisty back roads if I can.

Am I spending my $400 right? Any advise is welcome.

Last edited by MurderMaroSS; 03-30-2015 at 11:27 AM.
MurderMaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:15 AM   #2
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Out of those three options, 1st should be front and rear sway bars and endlinks.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:25 AM   #3
MurderMaroSS

I didn't think a front sway bar would help with launching though?
Old 03-30-2015, 03:40 PM   #4
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Cradle Bushings!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:49 PM   #5
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
It will help with the twisty back roads and overall body sway.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:28 PM   #6
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
I'd say check out our economical anti wheel hop package; part # JDPS2001. You'll be about $100 over budget, but it will cover just about everything in the rear end to improve traction and eliminate wheel hop.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:31 PM   #7
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
This is like asking who makes the best hamburger. lol

Everyone is going to have their own options.

Simplest would be sway bars and 1LE strut brace to help with cornering....just be aware...once you start down the suspension upgrade path it never truly ends. Stiffen up the chassis in one area will mean you'll start overstressing other non-upgraded areas of the suspension. And then you have to upgrade those parts as well.

And BTW...In-N-Out Burger here in SoCal makes the best hamburger!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:13 AM   #8
MurderMaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Cradle Bushings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
I'd say check out our economical anti wheel hop package; part # JDPS2001. You'll be about $100 over budget, but it will cover just about everything in the rear end to improve traction and eliminate wheel hop.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Im just not comfortable installing the cradle bushings in my driveway with my set of hand tools. so id end up possibly paying a shop to do them which would cost me more. would it be worth it to just do the trailing arms and toe rods myself for a few months untill i could save up to pay someone to do them? then follow those up with front and rear BMR sway bars?
Old 03-31-2015, 01:16 AM   #9
MurderMaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
This is like asking who makes the best hamburger. lol

Everyone is going to have their own options.

Simplest would be sway bars and 1LE strut brace to help with cornering....just be aware...once you start down the suspension upgrade path it never truly ends. Stiffen up the chassis in one area will mean you'll start overstressing other non-upgraded areas of the suspension. And then you have to upgrade those parts as well.

And BTW...In-N-Out Burger here in SoCal makes the best hamburger!
Main concern right now is traction when launching and the wheel hop. cornering is second to that.

I will have somthing new for suspension ever couple of months, so eventually nothing will be stock though lol.

But i do agree on SoCal In-N-Out. went there at least weekley when i lived in ventura for 4 months haha
Old 03-31-2015, 03:16 AM   #10
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Cradle Bushings!
+1 BMR delrin bushings made a big difference and no noise.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:09 AM   #11
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
We have a lot of new suspension parts coming that we do to our record cars.The first thing anyone should do IMO is our new diff bushings, unbeatable for wheel hop and increases the power your axles and diff can hold tremendously.It puts more power to the rear wheel ,great for your 60ft or coming out of a corner.We have subframe bushings and trailing arms as well. Give me a call and we can get a setup that's right for you without breaking the bank.
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:50 AM   #12
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
We have a lot of new suspension parts coming that we do to our record cars.The first thing anyone should do IMO is our new diff bushings, unbeatable for wheel hop and increases the power your axles and diff can hold tremendously.It puts more power to the rear wheel ,great for your 60ft or coming out of a corner.We have subframe bushings and trailing arms as well. Give me a call and we can get a setup that's right for you without breaking the bank.
I have heard diff bushings will increase NVH quite a bit. Is this true, or is that ONLY for solid bushings?
Old 03-31-2015, 10:44 AM   #13
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I have heard diff bushings will increase NVH quite a bit. Is this true, or is that ONLY for solid bushings?
We started in the Gto world where the diff is mounted solid to the subframe and GM thought that was fine..We have both options so its really up to you but we alter the position of the diff's that's never been done till now and it pays huge dividins
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:55 AM   #14
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
Is the diff bushing the first thing you'd recommend for a manual transmission car who drags the car. Better performance is always a plus but I'm really trying prevent breaking anything on a hard launch once I get a decent clutch/tires.

Also you should list your contact info and website in your signature here most people might not know who are you
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote