Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #15
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda_z28 View Post
Is this for the V6 or the V8?
The same setup is available for the V8!

BlueClyde did the prototype for the SS:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40294
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:02 PM   #16
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
V6.
- X
yes, the picture is for the V6... However, there is an SS version available!

Old 10-08-2009, 07:12 AM   #17
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait.

I don't even have my Camaro yet but still I can't wait.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #18
dagolfguy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Hey Scrming,
Now that you've had yours on there for several weeks now, how is the MPG? I figure that you've probably got more than a casual observation under your belt by this point in time!
Thanks,
Dave
dagolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #19
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfguy View Post
Hey Scrming,
Now that you've had yours on there for several weeks now, how is the MPG? I figure that you've probably got more than a casual observation under your belt by this point in time!
Thanks,
Dave
MPG did go up... BUT... seems my foot has gotten heavier... LOL! So I'm not really sure how my MPG is these days...
Old 10-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #20
mr_desmo
Banned

Drives: beated up old mini austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
MPG did go up... BUT... seems my foot has gotten heavier... LOL! So I'm not really sure how my MPG is these days...
hey scrming...what are the weight savings?
mr_desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #21
VictoryRS

Drives: 2010 Victory Red, 2LT, RS, M6
Scrming, has this car gone on the dyno after the axle back kit was put on? sound great, but do u think u will eventually want a full cat-back system?
VictoryRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #22
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

@mr_desmo - about a 40 pound savings... mufflers are 24 pounds a piece... I believe the new setup is about 4 pounds a piece...

@VictoryRS - Here is the relevant post in the big thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=35

No plans to do a full cat back...
Old 10-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #23
mr_desmo
Banned

Quote:
@mr_desmo - about a 40 pound savings... mufflers are 24 pounds a piece... I believe the new setup is about 4 pounds a piece...

@VictoryRS - Here is the relevant post in the big thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=35

No plans to do a full cat back...
Wow! considering at this moment (when theres no tune for the engine) all power mods (header intake exhaust pulleys) are backed down by the ecu

This must be the most whorthy mod to do...get more sound and put the weight down!Bravo they sound great!
Old 10-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #24
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_desmo View Post
Wow! considering at this moment (when theres no tune for the engine) all power mods (header intake exhaust pulleys) are backed down by the ecu

This must be the most whorthy mod to do...get more sound and put the weight down!Bravo they sound great!
Yeah, i'm really curious as to what is really going on with the Torque management system...

Ok... my very very simplistic understanding of a torque based system, like are is this:

1) You press on the gas pedal
2) The ECU says "Oh, you want X amount of torque"
3) ECU opens the throttle body, sets timinge, etc. to generate X amount of torque.
4) You put the pedal to the floor
5) ECU says "Oh, you want the maximum amount of torque which however is preset to Y... so i really don't care what mods you've done, you are only getting Y"

This is at least my high level over view...

That being said, I am going to the track on Saturday and just might have to try the fuse trick! LOL
Old 10-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #25
mr_desmo
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, i'm really curious as to what is really going on with the Torque management system...

Ok... my very very simplistic understanding of a torque based system, like are is this:

1) You press on the gas pedal
2) The ECU says "Oh, you want X amount of torque"
3) ECU opens the throttle body, sets timinge, etc. to generate X amount of torque.
4) You put the pedal to the floor
5) ECU says "Oh, you want the maximum amount of torque which however is preset to Y... so i really don't care what mods you've done, you are only getting Y"

This is at least my high level over view...

That being said, I am going to the track on Saturday and just might have to try the fuse trick! LOL
Scrming thats what bugs me most...have you seen the manual v6 and v8 test drive...v6 goes in blue smoke...v8 doesnt....
I dont know if the v6 is affected by torque management reduction....but i know (and its been said) that v8 does...at a preset rpm it cant deliver more then a certain amount of torque....and thats the reason most people say the v8 feels soft (the ls3 is supposed to deliver x amount of torque at x rpm in first gear but doesnt to keep warranty claims down ) ....and yes it does sucks....they put full power on top end for performance figures
I hate modern tech on cars...while its good for writing article on how its safe the driving experience is ALWAYS off to what its supposed to be...
While i whant abs and tractions control for winter and rain i want a cable driven throttle body and want from the factory the most aggressive timing that can be and the a/f the closer to perfect that can give good response etc...
Modern tech + laws about emissions and noise= kill driving pleasure sadly...late 60 were the golden years and im only 30!!!Should of been born when my father was!
Old 10-09-2009, 06:19 PM   #26
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
I received my MRT(Scrming) V6 axle back system today, it looks very good just like the photos in this Thread.
I cut out the old mufflers (24 lbs.ea.) the new setup is 6 3/4 lbs. ea.

With the old mufflers out I gave the complete rear underside of the car 3 coats of PERMATEX undercoating: Insulates and deadens noise & protects against rust.
It may help with any inside cabin noise (drone)..... But it sure can't hurt.
I also cut & fit a 3/4" insulating pad under the trunk mat.

I did not install the mufflers yet, I will let the undercoating dry overnight even though it's dry already.

97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #27
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97one View Post
I received my MRT(Scrming) V6 axle back system today, it looks very good just like the photos in this Thread.

With the old mufflers out I gave the complete rear underside of the car 3 coats of PERMATEX undercoating: Insulates and deadens noise & protects against rust.

I did not install the mufflers yet, I will let the undercoating dry overnight even though it's dry already.

Very cool!!! Looking forward to your review!
Old 10-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #28
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97one View Post

Where did you get the 3/4" insulating pad?

Let us know how the cabin "noise" ends up cuz I will be getting my Camaro in 2 weeks.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote