Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-29-2009, 11:36 PM   #43
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisemker View Post
not too bad, but wheres the rest of the video... and are those ontario plates...?
If you are in Ontario, order with Steve and you can go over to the actual shop in Hamilton to get it installed! Ron and the boys will hook you up like they did me! Great group!!!! PM Steve for more info!
Old 09-29-2009, 11:42 PM   #44
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
If you are in Ontario, order with Steve and you can go over to the actual shop in Hamilton to get it installed! Ron and the boys will hook you up like they did me! Great group!!!! PM Steve for more info!
:( im no where near it i live in los angeles. let me know when we can start ordering.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #45
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers171 View Post
:( im no where near it i live in los angeles. let me know when we can start ordering.
Steve will be ready to start the group buy in a matter of days. They really had to spend time finding the right combo for this system, but the sound is awesome, and the owner was saying that the car feels much less restricted and has a much quicker throttle response.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:23 AM   #46
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
It has an INDY car sound........even from the Ok quality video recording I can hear how good it sounds. It sounds pretty tight!
???? Have you ever been to Indy???? That short little low speed clip really doesn't tell you much and it certainly doesn't sound like an Indy car...

Also listened to the second clip... listening with headphones you can here a few pops on decel... Now I personally don't mind it and in fact I think you will find it will happen on any descent system.... especially with new pipes... but it was one of the amazing claims that have been made, IIRC... no popping...

(other clip: http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/s...rent=00017.flv)

Just went back to my low speed clips.... I know i'm biased but my low speed clip is a lot deeper and has more rumble...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:26 AM   #47
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
???? Have you ever been to Indy???? That short little low speed clip really doesn't tell you much and it certainly doesn't sound like an Indy car...

Also listened to the second clip... listening with headphones you can here a few pops on decel... Now I personally don't mind it and in fact I think you will find it will happen on any descent system.... especially with new pipes... but it was one of the amazing claims that have been made, IIRC... no popping...

Just went back to my low speed clips.... I know i'm biased but my low speed clip is a lot deeper and has more rumble...
We are going to be taking better sound clips early next week. We have to drive 3 hours to get the sound clips. It was a very poor recording...we just wanted to give you something to hold you over, because a lot of people have shown interest and we wabnted to show them that we will not let them down. What low speed clip are you talking about? I am not quite sure what you mean. The better videos will do it justice...sit tight.
GOINGSOLO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:31 AM   #48
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:

First of all sound clips sound different through everyones speakers, second this is a raw clip from a regular video camera, third everyone is entitled to their opinion.........enjoy your system.

And yes I have seen Indy cars in person, more than once!
Old 09-30-2009, 07:59 AM   #49
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
First of all sound clips sound different through everyones speakers, second this is a raw clip from a regular video camera, third everyone is entitled to their opinion.........enjoy your system.

And yes I have seen Indy cars in person, more than once!
My clips were raw clips from a a regular video camera also... and a couple were from my P&S camera that also does video?

So then you know that the car, at least in those video clips really doesn't sound like an Indy car.... at least not the cars I've seen run at Indy...

BTW... I AM enjoying my system... over 8000 miles on the system and a lot of that 1/4 mile at a time! LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:00 AM   #50
aberg

Drives: 2LT/RS
Any guess on HP increase.
aberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:42 AM   #51
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
My clips were raw clips from a a regular video camera also... and a couple were from my P&S camera that also does video?

So then you know that the car, at least in those video clips really doesn't sound like an Indy car.... at least not the cars I've seen run at Indy...

BTW... I AM enjoying my system... over 8000 miles on the system and a lot of that 1/4 mile at a time! LOL
I hope to one day get to see an Indy car race. They sound so great on TV...and I bet even better in person.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #52
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberg View Post
Any guess on HP increase.
I would hate to make an educated guess, but i will say that the throttle response is greatly improved and the lag associated with the V6 is gone.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #53
boxcar

Drives: 2LT/RS
I am very interested in this for my 2LT/RS.

I was going to go for the MBRP but it's way to much for an exhaust set up

at $750 approx for a group buy I think you'll sell alot

Looking forward to the video clips
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #54
GOINGSOLO2

Awesome! We are getting the videos together over the next week.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #55
katman

Drives: 2LT Auto RS sunroof
Good, because I am itching to make some changes to my V6 Camaro.
katman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #56
VictoryRS

Drives: 2010 Victory Red, 2LT, RS, M6
are you going to throw this thing up on a dyno anytime soon?
VictoryRS is offline   Reply With Quote