Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
cplhester

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Manual
SOLO Hi flow cats. WOW!!!

Just got the SOLO hi flows installed today. Just gonna say holy crap it sounds awesome!!! If you are on the fence at all about this get them now! Lol I have the stainless works retro catback. It seems to be made for it and has an amazing effect on performance as well. Also a HUGE shout out to APEX. Awesome customer service from them and a special thanks to Victoria for answering all my emails. Any new members that don't already know APEX is where it's at.
cplhester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
Blountatv

Drives: Camaro 2ss L99
Will be my next purchase! I have the same exhaust being installed tomorrow morning. I hope it goes on fairly easy! Apex is awsome!! Waiting on
my catch can. I have waited nearly a month for his can and braided hose lines.
Blountatv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
Blountatv

By the way.....I knew his catch can was on back order when I ordered. It's the one I wanted so I don't mind the wait.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
cplhester

Yeah next on my list is the catch can and VMAX throttle body.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
Blountatv

I want long tubes so bad it can taste it but now wanting to void warranty yet on a 2014 from tune . If not from that I would have had that done the same day I bought it. I will wait till year 2 or 3 to make sure the bugs are out then I'll regret no doing it 2 or 3 years ago. Vmax will be my next mod when I order the solo cats. The mod bug sucks but rewarding when that stock 5.0 pulls up reving, stock of course.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
cplhester

My buddy has a 5.0 and it's not stock. Mbrp cat back and cold air intake. We are pretty close but I haven't seen him since the solo install lol.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #7
Blountatv

You are probably faster than me if everything was equal I assume because I have auto. Auto really benefits from a tune but that will be another day when I'm finished with simple bolt on's. They are fun no mater what trans you have. I wanted m6 but my wife flat out can't drive them. It's her primary drive due to me putting lots of miles from work so we let her have the fun cars. Other than that I would have been standard. I'll get standard when I finally get a vette one of these days.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
cplhester

I had a 2010 L99. This car feels a lot faster for sure. I taught my wife to drive it and she likes it
Old 12-13-2013, 03:42 AM   #9
jayscamaro
Banned

Drives: 2012 camaro 1LT
please make videoooo
jayscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #10
RichP

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Vert L99
I also just put the Solo High Flow cats on (I have a 13 L99 with Solo Axle backs)

I'm very happy with the sound and performance. Almost wish it was a tiny bit louder but maybe I will do shorty headers next.

Here's a quick video with startup & idle...and will try to do some WOT videos this weekend.

http://youtu.be/Dwkb5_6Ha4M
RichP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #11
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplhester View Post
Just got the SOLO hi flows installed today. Just gonna say holy crap it sounds awesome!!! If you are on the fence at all about this get them now! Lol I have the stainless works retro catback. It seems to be made for it and has an amazing effect on performance as well. Also a HUGE shout out to APEX. Awesome customer service from them and a special thanks to Victoria for answering all my emails. Any new members that don't already know APEX is where it's at.
Glad that you are happy with them. Thanks again for your order and for the shout out.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #12
thallman91

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS VR Vert!
Like them on the vert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichP View Post
I also just put the Solo High Flow cats on (I have a 13 L99 with Solo Axle backs)

I'm very happy with the sound and performance. Almost wish it was a tiny bit louder but maybe I will do shorty headers next.

Here's a quick video with startup & idle...and will try to do some WOT videos this weekend.

http://youtu.be/Dwkb5_6Ha4M
Thanks for posting! I have a '11 VR 2SS/RS vert with CAI and Solo Cat backs. I actually have the Solo HFC but just haven't put them on yet. A little concerned it will make the ride "too loud" being a vert. Any issues with that in the cabin? Sounds awesome so far and I might try to do it myself this weekend..!! (although the O2 sensors have me freaked out a little bit..)

TnT

2011 Victory Red Convertible - 2SS/RS
Completed Mods: Roto-Fab CAI, Side vents, SOLO Cat-Back and High Flow Cats, VR Painted Engine Cover, ZL1 GFX, Hot Wheels Badging and Sills, HWSE Grill, HWSE 20" Wheels
Considering Mods: Backup Camera and internal screen

Fedorov for President! Ovechkin for Vice!
thallman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #13
Sugarfree135

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I didn't notice a huge difference in sound and performance when I installed the solos but definitely when I switched back to stock before I went with LT's haha
Sugarfree135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #14
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Here's my l99 with solo hi flows...magnaflow muffler delete and jba shorty headers....the solos made the biggest difference in the sound.
http://youtu.be/Bwdo5895T9s. This next vid is the the muffler delete and solos.http://youtu.be/U6MB4yUwVKA
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote