Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Local Marketplace

Old 12-20-2016, 07:12 PM   #1
JMI

Drives: Red Jewel Camaro SS
2011 Camaro SS complete or part out

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 Camaro SS LS3 6.2L 6 speed manual.Rally Sport pkg.Leather & sunroof. 20" Niche wheels.Nitto tires. Airaid intake kit.
This car CAN'T be street driven(registered) due to water damage.Car fell in the water completely ,Flagged Vin by the insurance, Car is only good for race car or part out.No warranty.

Radio ,rally gauges and the center (digital part) of the cluster does not work anymore.If the car don't sell by the end of December,We will part it out.

All the fluids were drained,and refilled.Engine was checked over with a camera in the cylinders and intake.Flushed it with tranny oil. Changed the oil 4 times to make sure that the water did not do any engine damage.
Car run's and drives great in the yard.We move it in the yard almost daily.

$11500.00+tax Canadian dollars for complete car.
Located in New Brunswick

-Front bumper was damaged,I had a black one here,so we installed it.
Attached Images

Last edited by JMI; 01-28-2017 at 11:18 AM.
JMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:44 AM   #2
yzinger

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - IOM - LS3
So, even with work done and certified by mechanic (inspected) this care can never be legally registered?
yzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:54 AM   #3
JMI

Correct.
The car is branded as a non repairable vehicle.No registration will be issued.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:58 PM   #4
CrudeJewelSS
Build,Race,Break,Repeat

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel Camaro 2SS 6M
did you drain the water from the engine oil, cylenders, trans etc? if so how soon after car was removed from water?
CrudeJewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:43 AM   #5
JMI

We drained all the fluids as soon it came in the yard. Removed the valve covers,intake,spark plugs for a visual check.Checked the cylinders with a camera.Engine was turning freely which was a very good sign. Looks good. We put transmission fluid in the cylinders and let it set for a couple of days.Turned it a little at a time. Drained it. Put new engine oil. It fired right up. We changed the oil 4 times to make sure that it was nice a clean. I don't think a junk yard would have done what we did to try to save the car.I was planning to keep it and part out the parts that I didn't needed.Keep the engine for a spare,etc....But I've decided to go with a LSX376B15 for a spare engine for my other car.So I honestly don't really need 2 Camaro's to play with.We were amazed that the car sounds and works very well.Car was removed from the water within 24 hours from what I was told.Car is pretty clean for something that went under water.