Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-21-2023, 09:26 PM   #15
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Am I able to get an AT 1LE rear end for my 2010 v6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletalk View Post
right, better of selling the car stock then the mods and buying a ss or Zl1 depending the route u wanna go.

Ha I was waiting for someone to throw that in. In all actuality I have no plans on selling the car. The previous owner took great care of it and put on all ZL1 oem take off body parts/wheels on the car. I dropped in a full lowered 1.5” suspension swap with other suspension goodies and the car handles like a dream.

I want to do something different than most people usually do and with the way car prices are these days it’s ridiculous. So no I won’t be selling. For me to drop in the whole rear cradle/carrier and differential would be the cheaper route to go and yet I get to enjoy all the other goodies on the car that it already has than to do it all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 09:31 PM   #16
SummitWhite11

Quote:
yup

thats what I needed to know. So the current stock auto transmission I have on the car can stay?

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:52 PM   #17
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
thats what I needed to know. So the current stock auto transmission I have on the car can stay?

contact DSS and tell them your a V6 auto running a 8.6irs diff in a ss cradle and they'll hook u up. Dss= driveshaft shop.
https://driveshaftshop.com/
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 10:02 PM   #18
bottletalk

Quote:
Ha I was waiting for someone to throw that in. In all actuality I have no plans on selling the car. The previous owner took great care of it and put on all ZL1 oem take off body parts/wheels on the car. I dropped in a full lowered 1.5” suspension swap with other suspension goodies and the car handles like a dream.

I want to do something different than most people usually do and with the way car prices are these days it’s ridiculous. So no I won’t be selling. For me to drop in the whole rear cradle/carrier and differential would be the cheaper route to go and yet I get to enjoy all the other goodies on the car that it already has than to do it all over again.

do what ever makes u happy, ur car and ur money....might as well put a Zl1 cradle on it.
Old 03-22-2023, 08:48 AM   #19
SummitWhite11

Quote:
contact DSS and tell them your a V6 auto running a 8.6irs diff in a ss cradle and they'll hook u up. Dss= driveshaft shop.
https://driveshaftshop.com/

Thanks

Old 03-22-2023, 08:50 AM   #20
SummitWhite11

Quote:
do what ever makes u happy, ur car and ur money....might as well put a Zl1 cradle on it.

The ZL1 cradles are going for $4k used while the SS 1LE versions are going for $1200 the most.

Old 03-22-2023, 03:45 PM   #21
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
right, better of selling the car stock then the mods and buying a ss or Zl1 depending the route u wanna go.
Only time I would ever seriously suggest someone sell their V6 and get an SS instead is if the swap would cost more than just buying a car with it. For example V6 to V8 swap since these cars aren't exactly engine swap friendly.

Quote:
Only need a ZL1 cradle if you getting a ZL1 differential and you only need that if you are putting down some serious hp and trq.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 08:51 PM   #22
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Only time I would ever seriously suggest someone sell their V6 and get an SS instead is if the swap would cost more than just buying a car with it. For example V6 to V8 swap since these cars aren't exactly engine swap friendly.

Only need a ZL1 cradle if you getting a ZL1 differential and you only need that if you are putting down some serious hp and trq.

I have read up many a times on that factor when it comes to an engine swap. I am aware that these cars are not engine swap friendly. That is not the route I want to go. However, I can see myself doing a rear end swap and getting a little more fun out of the car though. No harm in that no?

Old 03-22-2023, 09:48 PM   #23
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
Why have you spent all this money trying to make something it isn't?
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 04:58 AM   #24
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by acutron42 View Post

Where did you read that? I only upgraded the suspension. I didn’t spend any other money on the car.

Old 03-23-2023, 04:59 AM   #25
bottletalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post

sorry, I should of added that I was being a dick. a little Zl1 joke due to the car being a trans.
Old 03-23-2023, 06:11 AM   #26
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
I'm sorry, I misread that the Zl1 stuff was from a previous owner. This swap would be costly. What are your end goals?
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 08:57 AM   #27
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
I have read up many a times on that factor when it comes to an engine swap. I am aware that these cars are not engine swap friendly. That is not the route I want to go. However, I can see myself doing a rear end swap and getting a little more fun out of the car though. No harm in that no?
My comment was directed at bottletalk and pointing out that making a comment about upgrading to an SS was unwarranted in this case.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 09:31 AM   #28
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by acutron42 View Post
His car his rules.
Me personally, if somebody is doing a build I wanna see it, don't care if it fits in my box or not.
Looking forward to an update on this one.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote