Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-04-2019, 11:36 PM   #1
iDivinst

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT
HFCs or Ultra HFCs

Is it worth getting the hfcs with the free flow resonator on it?
Also, which brands should I be looking at for hfcs for a good quality sound and performance?
iDivinst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 03:29 PM   #2
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
I think that the resonators are good if you don't already have an aftermarket exhaust. If you do, however, they may quiet the tone too much. I know on the SOLO that some of the lower tones are really hard to hear if you aren't right by the tips. Performance wise, there is no comparison to stock. Hi-flos were more noticeable than all of my other mods, combined, before I got the tune.

Last edited by yzark99; 11-05-2019 at 03:30 PM. Reason: tunes
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:45 PM   #3
iDivinst

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzark99 View Post
I think that the resonators are good if you don't already have an aftermarket exhaust. If you do, however, they may quiet the tone too much. I know on the SOLO that some of the lower tones are really hard to hear if you aren't right by the tips. Performance wise, there is no comparison to stock. Hi-flos were more noticeable than all of my other mods, combined, before I got the tune.
What would you recommend on a louder lower sound?
iDivinst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:37 PM   #4
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
If you're worried about volume just get high flows from ARH.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:32 PM   #5
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
I don't know about lower tones. After $1800 for the full Solo, I'm done touching the exhaust. Louder is easy; just put the tranny into M with the Overkill tune and suddenly every cop in the area is on your ass...
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote