Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-29-2019, 09:15 PM   #1
BigJ

Drives: Red 2013 Camaro SS, Black 1980 Z28
Whipple 2.9L Supercharger Question?

Phastek Performance is offering a full Whipple 2.9L kit at a very good price until Dec 2nd. It comes with everything you need including injectors and a ZL1 fuel pump. My question is, does anyone already have this setup on their Camaro and if so, how much whp did it produce and does the fuel pump and injectors provide enough fuel pressure? I know answers may vary due to some having stock engines as opposed to others having modified engines. Just kinda trying to see what the consensus is on this kit? Thank you in advance for any help or info you may have!
Old 11-29-2019, 09:22 PM   #2
LaN-

Drives: 2014 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
Phastek Performance is offering a full Whipple 2.9L kit at a very good price until Dec 2nd. It comes with everything you need including injectors and a ZL1 fuel pump. My question is, does anyone already have this setup on their Camaro and if so, how much whp did it produce and does the fuel pump and injectors provide enough fuel pressure? I know answers may vary due to some having stock engines as opposed to others having modified engines. Just kinda trying to see what the consensus is on this kit? Thank you in advance for any help or info you may have!
The zl1 pump will be enough so all you need to worry about are the injectors and that comes down to the mods you might have on your car. If your is car stock zl1 injectors should be enough, if it isnít youíll want 80lb injectors since youíll never need to buy them again.

If your car is stock and a manual Iíd guess 500-550 rwhp, since thatís what the majority of blower cars do when everything else is stock.

628/525

Suspension: Koni orange, (BMR everything) 1" drop springs, toe rods, trailer arms, non adjustable LCR, FE4 sway bars, sub frame connectors, delrin sub frame bushing and upper control arm bushings. Front bushings.
LaN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:08 PM   #3
BigJ

Drives: Red 2013 Camaro SS, Black 1980 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaN- View Post
The zl1 pump will be enough so all you need to worry about are the injectors and that comes down to the mods you might have on your car. If your is car stock zl1 injectors should be enough, if it isnít youíll want 80lb injectors since youíll never need to buy them again.

If your car is stock and a manual Iíd guess 500-550 rwhp, since thatís what the majority of blower cars do when everything else is stock.
I believe the kit comes with 65lb injectors! I'm sure they could probably upgrade them however?
Old 12-02-2019, 08:33 AM   #4
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
I did the Whipple but I did different injectors as I wanted the support there for when I do the cam swap. you can expect around 550whp with a 10lb pulley. I believe it's the 3.875" pulley I'd have to look I forgot.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:03 AM   #5
Juiced1

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
They are great blowers. We have taken several up to the 600+rwhp on bolt ons and even passed 700 on a cammed set up. They are excellent blowers. If you are all stock everything that comes in the kit will be fine and get you into the 525-550 range on a M6 car. The Black Friday pricing from Whipple ends today. If you're interested we can get you one heck of a deal.

We carry & install all the hottest brands for your 5th/6gen Camaro. Get awesome deals & install rates! Call or Pm us for your CAMARO5/CAMARO6 discount. 224-63-JUICE or INFO@JUICEDMOTORSPORTS.COM ST CHARLES IL

Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:14 PM   #6
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
For what it's worth, I did the Whipple setup, with ZL1 pump. I also added the LS9 cam at the time. On the 4" pulley, it made 600rwhp, and on the 3.75" it made about 650rwhp. That was max capacity for the pump though. Fast forward a couple of years, and with a custom cam and twin fuel pumps, the car made ~740rwhp on 93 octane, and ~800rwhp on E85 (74% actual).

Bottom line.....GO FOR IT!!!!

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote