Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-30-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Arrow OrangeVert!

Hello! Welcome Camaro5 members and guests to OrangeVert's thread!

S/he will be built by the incredibly talented and hard working team in Oshawa. Having worked for GM many years ago (story to follow), I appreciate the efforts made by everyone who works to design and build these beautiful machines. To all Oshawa GM employees - thank you!!! You've hit a grand slam home run with the gen5 Camaro, and really made so many others and me happy! And to the hard working people who host Camaro5 - you're awesome!!

OrangeVert will be a 2SS/RS totally stock beast. And she'll stay that way as a tribute to her designers and creators. Others may mod theirs, and that's great too!

One of the main goals here is to help inform anyone who may be considering a gen5 Camaro. Another is to highlight the good people who help make such a phenomenal car and ownership experience possible!
Now a few rules for this blog:
1. As a reminder, all rules of the Camaro5 forum apply.
2. Please respect other's property and opinions.
3. Please give others the benefit of any doubt.
4. If you don't know something, but would like to, there is no such thing as a stupid question. (Please ask - I teach for a living!)
5. Have fun while you're here!
And I promise to post after my baby is delivered, and beyond!

----- the start 15-Mar-11 -----

The idea of getting a gen5 Camaro came about after my wife and I saw the "Slow Down Your Neighbors" episode of Modern Family on 9-Mar (gray 1SS or 2SS). I had seen some gen5's for rent at Hertz, but the interiors were not bold enough for me. On Friday night 11-Mar, I thought "maybe they started making a convertible?" I've got to check that out. Went to the Chevy site and sure enough, there s/he was. I could not believe that I could actually buy a new convertible SS Camaro - the car of legends! So after Googling "Camaro forum" (joined Camaro5 Sunday night 13-Mar), and once I saw Inferno Orange Metallic at the dealer on Saturday, was hooked. It was just a matter of how I was going to do it at the least cost. Still it would be about $43,000. USD +/- . But I've been told that you often get what you pay for!

I also test drove a 2SS/RS hardtop that day, and decided to contact Becky Doyle from Rodgers Chevrolet in Woodhaven, MI for a "second opinion." The next week, after some helpful advice from members here at Camaro5 (thanks guys!), I gave Becky a call to discuss ordering (thanks to Becky who rocks!).

----- the order 30-Mar-11 -----

Becky took my credit card deposit over the phone, and the next day sent me an order number just as she promised! Never in my days as a Pontiac parts delivery driver in 1981 did I ever think I would be buying a new GM car, let alone be able to track its being built! This is way too cool. My order status as of today is 1100.

Flashback: When I worked for Puritan Pontiac (now gone) in Hyannis on Cape Cod in 1981, Donna who I worked with in Parts, and her husband John, had a black '69 Z28 Camaro that they raced. Donna was awesome - taught me my job, knew parts inside and out - one amazing lady!! Unfortunately she died 10 years later in her early 40's from cancer. From that I learned that life is too short, and we need to have fun. But not too much fun!OrangeVert will be just the right amount.

----- courtesy delivery planning March 31, 2011 -----

Many thanks to the forum administrator for changing my member name to OrangeVert!

Talked with Becky today who called me and said two local dealers had agreed to handle the courtesy delivery. The prices for delivery, prep, and title were both around $400, so I went with with the closer dealer. had also had a positive comment about them from another forum member. although NH has no sales tax, they do have an annual state "fee" which I'm estimating to be about $800 for the first year (18 mills).

It's supposed to *snow* tonight 3/31 and tomorrow 4/1, so don't mind waiting longer for the car. But when it gets warmer I'll wish it were here already! Looking forward to GM assigning a Target Production Week (TPW).

----- waiting for status update April 12, 2011 -----

Checking www.camarotracking.com and hoping that I will have moved off of 2000 status tomorrow. It will be great to have a targeted production week (TPW)! Of course now I have to start making plans to enlarge our driveway so I can park OrangeVert in our garage. It was 81.7 degrees here in southern New Hampshire yesterday, looking forward to a great summer!

More to follow ...

Last edited by OrangeVert; 04-12-2011 at 09:05 PM. Reason: March 31 update
OrangeVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:36 AM   #2
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Congrats buddy......Im also going to be using Becky in about 2 weeks
Old 03-31-2011, 03:07 AM   #3
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Smile CONGRATS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_P View Post
Hello! Welcome Camaro5 members... and guests to OrangeVert's thread!
Paul thank you for the warm welcome and CONGRATS on ORANGEVERT! I have a feeling a love affair is in the making! Is there any other color other than IOM? HA HA Just kidding fellow owners! This car absolutely looks amazing in ALL FLAVORS! Even the matte black version from Germany looked awesome.

It will seem like an eternity until your car arrives and when it finally does, you won't be able to stay away from her. But then it might be a "guy" once you get delivery. Pull up a chair grab a drink and eat a little popcorn and chat with the fellow fanatics!

I was shocked to find out Orange Krate was a boy. When I drove him I realized he had a strong set of "jewels" so I am stuck with a stud! DARN.

Of course Orange Krate is simply stock for now and there are so many modded rides here it is wild! I am getting a bit itchy to pull the trigger on a ZL1!!! I think it might get me in divorce court but... we shall see.

I will be checking in on your thread and look forward to your documentation along the way as well as photos once the beauty arrives! Good luck as you move forward and I know Becky is gonna do you right.

Jim

PS - Here is a little photo to hold you over on the IOM!
Attached Images

Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Great start for your journal OrangeVert. It will indeed be a pleasure
to deliver this fine automobile to you. We'll stay in touch and follow
the progress together. Orange Krate is right, grab some popcorn and
a cold one. It's a great ride and there's so much to learn and so many
great people to meet.

Have fun and CONGRATS on making the best choice of car!!
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
Congrats buddy......Im also going to be using Becky in about 2 weeks
Tim, great news! I think you'll really find that Becky makes the ordering process and courtesy delivery setup easy. Btw, I work in Framingham occasionally, lived at Shrewsbury Commons in 1996. What's your ride going to be?

From your tag line & pic, it looks like you may be a LEO? If so, thanks for all your hard work in helping to keep us safe.

Last edited by OrangeVert; 03-31-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:43 PM   #6
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Jim, thanks for your kind words and beautiful pic, Orange Krate is so handsome!! That IOM in the AZ sun must really be beautiful in person! I'm looking at snow falling here in NH tonight (3/31), so don't mind waiting for the car. But ask me in a few weeks and I'll be chomping at the bit! It's all good as I need to spend time finding some classes to teach to pay for the car - about 50 of them, LoL!! I love teaching so it's ok, plus we know I'll have transportation. No excuses now for being late to class!

Hope you have safe travels this week. Have fun with Orange Krate this weekend!!!

Last edited by OrangeVert; 03-31-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:54 PM   #7
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Becky, thank you! You and Camaro5 are a great team, and make all the difference. This is how I always wanted it to be - fun!!! Will be waiting to hear more now that we have the courtesy delivery dealer lined up. I really appreciate your help today, and how responsive you are. Have a great weekend!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:41 AM   #8
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVert View Post
Tim, great news! I think you'll really find that Becky makes the ordering process and courtesy delivery setup easy. Btw, I work in Framingham occasionally, lived at Shrewsbury Commons in 1996. What's your ride going to be?

From your tag line & pic, it looks like you may be a LEO? If so, thanks for all your hard work in helping to keep us safe.
Yes becky has been great, ive been bugging her with questions for 7 months now, spoke with her again today, order will be set on the 11th this month...its been a long wait but absolutely thrilled

Yes, i am a police officer in a nearby town, grew up in Westborough and currenlty live in Shrewsbury,

My order is going to be a 2011 2SS/RS M6, Inferno Orange, black interior, hurst shifter, ground effects, sunroof, polished wheels.

I will look forward to meeting you at local shows for sure

Last edited by TRC-SS; 04-01-2011 at 04:35 AM.
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #9
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Sweeeet, Tim - that will look really sharp! My allocation isn't for a couple of weeks, so maybe we'll have the same TPW. (siblings?!)

I went back and forth between black and IO on the interior, as my 71 Chevelle was black vinyl. Haven't seen any IO gen5's on my Nashua to Framingham or Portsmouth trips (company has an office there too).

Looking forward to the shows!

Last edited by OrangeVert; 04-01-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #10
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVert View Post
Sweeeet, Tim - that will look really sharp! My allocation isn't for a couple of weeks, so maybe we'll have the same TPW. (siblings?!)

I went back and forth between black and IO on the interior, as my 71 Chevelle was black vinyl. Haven't seen any IO gen5's on my Nashua to Framingham or Portsmouth trips (company has an office there too).

Looking forward to the shows!
Same here...All of my previous cars were black, decided it was time for a change. The coupes are coming through wicked fast, i might be right there with you
Old 04-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #11
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
Same here...All of my previous cars were black, decided it was time for a change. The coupes are coming through wicked fast, i might be right there with you
Congrats Tim! We anticipate your anticipation!!! LOL Be safe out there.

Jim E.
Los Angeles County

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #12
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

OK, so it's Saturday morning and I come downstairs for breakfast. What do I see? Anticipation is hitting sooner than I thought ...

Attachment 223100

Last edited by OrangeVert; 04-08-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #13
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Nice! I cant wait til it arrives. Post Pics!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #14
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Congrats, you definitely picked the best color.

Tags
2ss, 2ss/rs, iom, iom/io, vert