Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #15
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Coilovers + bushings

I finally decided to step up to coilovers and ended up choosing BC coilovers because they fit my budget the best and I actually liked the idea of having access to the settings in the trunk. Since I had have installed coilovers before I decided to pay to have them done and setup properly.

The coilovers work great. Really make the ride smoother because of the settings yet I’m able to making changes to them based on either being at the drag strip or Auto-X or just daily driving.
While I was there I ended up have Mike go ahead and install some differential bushings (again, he had done them before and had a removal tool) and some Radius Rod full bushings (he had a press and I don’t). I ended up using Whiteline for those bushings since that’s what he carried and rumor is that Whiteline makes the bushings for Pedders. So, effectively these were supposed to be the same as Pedders bushings. Is there a difference between the two brands…..maybe , maybe not. I didn’t have the two to compare.

All said and done, love the coilovers, glad I got the differential bushings, but should’ve probably just kept my Pedders radius rod bushing inserts.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 12-17-2012 at 10:50 AM.
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #16
caverman

Another cosmetic interior change I made was a set of SRP pedals.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 12-17-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #17
caverman

Gears

I had a set of LPE 3.91 gears installed through ADM Performance. Love these gears. I don’t know that I’m a bunch faster at the drag strip but I can sure feel them in the butt dyno. They also make 6th gear way more useful around town. My only negative for this upgrade is that I was a couple months too early when I pulled the trigger. Not long after paying the high price for the LPE gears, GM released the same gear for the 1LE at about ¼ the cost. I wish I would’ve had that extra money for a set of drag radials. Oh well….I still love my gears.
Attached Images

Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 12-17-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #18
caverman

Swaybars

When looking at doing the cradle bushing inserts I ran across a good deal on a set of LSR swaybars. I decided to go ahead and get them because of how good of a deal I got. I'm still on the OEM end links and only set the firmness in the middle so that I don't mess up the lower control arm tabs like others have.
Attached Images

Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 12-17-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #19
caverman

Garage pics
Attached Images

Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 12-17-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #20
caverman

Drag strip

I don't get a whole lot of pictures at the strip because I don't have anyone there to help me take pictures or video.

My best time so far has been a 8.24 @ 88 mph. That's on street tires and before gears. I think with drag radials I could be in the low 8's.

Here is one that I took of the wife running the car. I think she drives pretty good for as little seat time that she has.

I also take video from inside on occassion. I usually do this so I can go back and watch what I did to hopefully improve my times.

Attached Images

Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 05-30-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #21
caverman

Auto-X

Here are some pics and video from some of Auto-X events I've done. I don't have alot because I ususally don't have anyone with me that can help take pictures and video.

The pictures of the women are my wife driving the car at an Auto-X and my friend's wife who drove against her in a C5 Z06 corvette.

I've only done about 5 Auto-X events and the were all for fun and I ran with stock tires every time. As long as my times were getting faster that's all that mattered.....except for when it came to bragging rights aginst my buddies Z06which I was just about a full second faster overall average aginst.

What's funny to see is all the precationary tape that I used at my first event....then nothing from there on out.

Attached Images

Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 12-17-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #22
caverman

Hazman pictures

Here are some cool pictures Hazmend did for me. Plus one thrown in from the Laps for Charity. 3 laps around Texas Motor Speedway.
Attached Images

Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 02-13-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #23
caverman

Coming up….Pedders ZL1 rear sway bar and FE4 conversion
Attached Images

Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 12-17-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #24
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Wow! Great start to your build thread! It's about time. lol! It took me 3 years to start my build thread too!

How do you like the race knob on your MGW? I'm thinking about changing my Hurst out for the MGW and don't know which knob to go with!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #25
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Great thread man! Love that you explain a little bit of the why and how for each mod.

You got quite a nice ride. Congrats!
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #26
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Wow! Great start to your build thread! It's about time. lol! It took me 3 years to start my build thread too!

How do you like the race knob on your MGW? I'm thinking about changing my Hurst out for the MGW and don't know which knob to go with!
I love the race knob!

The stock round knob that comes with the MGW is probably good as well. When I had the Hurst I did like the feel of the round knob that it came with. The height of the stick was a little aller than I liked though.

I think the kit comes with the round knob and then you can purchase the race knob at a discount if you buy it at the time of the buying the shifter.

Everyone is going to have their own preference but I personally like the MGW alot more than the Hurst that I had.
Build Journal
Old 12-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #27
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
Great thread man! Love that you explain a little bit of the why and how for each mod.

You got quite a nice ride. Congrats!
Thanks!
Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 12-17-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #28
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Finally!!! Looks great man, very interesting read too! Nice to be able to put a face to the name as well bud. Keep up the great work and give your classic a little love (not that it needs it! WOW Beautiful car!!!!)