Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-22-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Funny squeaking noise...

Just noticed today that there is a squeaking or chirping sound coming from the front right area of the car. It makes the sound randomly (no pattern like at a certain speed or road texture) . It definitely sounds like a suspension problem cause it makes the same chirp/squeak whenever i hit a bump like going into the driveway, and it is only on the front right strut area. I was gonna give it a day to maybe fix itself if it is a lubrication issue or something like that. Anyone have a similar problem or know what I am talking about? It has a little over 300 miles in case that helps.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Yep, except mine almost sounds like it's coming from the glove box. Is that what you're hearing?
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:11 PM   #3
montej23

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro
sounds like a trip to the dealership heck its under warenty id be taking the car in for everything
montej23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:10 PM   #4
cmgolfr212

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS with SLP SC
I got it too. its pretty annoying. It sounds like its either the strut or something inside the glove box but Im leaning towards option 1
cmgolfr212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:55 AM   #5
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
have any of you found the problem? i have the same sound and it's really annoying. it reminds me of the glass rubbing against the rubber seal on the back hatch in my old jimmy. its like its a rock in the suspension or something... every little bump, just cruising i can hear the front right side sqeaking around.

anyone?
Old 08-30-2009, 06:22 AM   #6
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
"SQUIRREL"

Sorry couldn't resist.. For all you movie buffs
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #7
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGazinya View Post
"SQUIRREL"

Sorry couldn't resist.. For all you movie buffs
lol yeah that was what i was thinking when i made this thread!

but as for the problem itself, mine went away after about a week, which leads me to suspect it was just a lubrication issue that sorted itself out in the heat.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #8
Eric Baker

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS 6M
Sorry to dig this up but better than starting another thread. I'm having a similar problem, but can't pinpoint the location. Noticed it when cruising near the beach today especially. At slower speeds with the windows open(so I can hear what's going on outside) I hear intermittent squeaking coming from the suspension I think. Not all the time and usually only on smaller bumps. My car has just over 900 miles. Didn't seem to happen until I'd been driving for a while, so maybe the bushings where warm...?
Eric Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #9
JOET638

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Baker View Post
Sorry to dig this up but better than starting another thread. I'm having a similar problem, but can't pinpoint the location. Noticed it when cruising near the beach today especially. At slower speeds with the windows open(so I can hear what's going on outside) I hear intermittent squeaking coming from the suspension I think. Not all the time and usually only on smaller bumps. My car has just over 900 miles. Didn't seem to happen until I'd been driving for a while, so maybe the bushings where warm...?
By any chance do have ground effects on your car? I started a thread myself today I was having the same problems. After searching the car high and low I found that the exhaust tip was hitting the metal the exhaust trim cutout on the rear valance and that was my squeak
JOET638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #10
Eric Baker

No I don't but I'll take a look at the exhaust. Seems to do it more while cruising at lower RPM, so that could be the case.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #11
Eric Baker

Well I took a vid today to get some audio of it. I went to go for a ride today and noticed it was really bad as soon as I started driving down my street. It does it over smaller bumps it seems, rather than large jolts like a pot hole, even on the highway. It's so bad it's embarrassing to go anywhere. I'll try and take it to the dealer this weekend, but figured I'd ask here to see if anyone had any similar issues. Sorry for the wind noise, this was the best I could do tonight.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #12
Blackend SS
Mauricio

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black!
Im gettin a rattling from the rear, but its only at a stand still at idle. I think maybe the muffler hangers ?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:06 PM   #13
Hanzo

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS LS3
I would hear a loud tick whenever I went over a bump. I thought it was coming from the windshield but now I think it might be the plastic gauge cover. This is probably something other than what all you are talking about.
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #14
twr0912

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Baker View Post
I have had an annoying squeak since day two and I've almost had my car a year. It sounds like it's in the dash or under the hood but it's not. My squeak is the carrier bearing and they have ordered a whole new driveshaft. If you can replicate your noise on a lift with the car started and in gear this may be your issue as well. Good luck
twr0912 is offline   Reply With Quote