Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #57

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I would caution a little against harshly bashing HSA in Camaros...I know it's a nuisance for many...

...But in today's world of "Safety" on the road, the solution to this may not be eliminating HSA or improving it, rather the powers that be will think that manual transmissions in passenger cars need to be eliminated...as the "problem" is rolling backwards on a hill...and the best way to "fix" this would be to not have manual transmissions available in the future...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #58
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
It's not the fact that the Camaro has a HSA system that's the big problem here, it is its current non-defeatable implementation. And that deserves every bit of criticism thrown its way.

Most folks here would be completely satisfied with a way to turn it all the way off either as the default setting (as can currently be done in at least some Fords and Dodges) or as driver-switchable between fully off and on while driving (as it is in at least the 2010 Subaru Legacy). I know I'd be happy.

This is not a big request.

A big request would be to ask all the busy-bodies who are trying to micro-manage our driving all the way down to this level to go find another occupation.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
It's not the fact that the Camaro has a HSA system that's the big problem here, it is its current non-defeatable implementation. And that deserves every bit of criticism thrown its way.

Most folks here would be completely satisfied with a way to turn it all the way off either as the default setting (as can currently be done in at least some Fords and Dodges) or as driver-switchable between fully off and on while driving (as it is in at least the 2010 Subaru Legacy). I know I'd be happy.

This is not a big request.

A big request would be to ask all the busy-bodies who are trying to micro-manage our driving all the way down to this level to go find another occupation.

Norm
Norm, I posted up earlier that an improvement on this HSA is going to be made for the '14s...Saw it in a thread or it was an interview with the re-fresh thing...Can't seem to find it now...lol..

...Anyway, if it's a re-programming thing, it might be do-able on the 13s once they figure it out....
Old 04-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #60
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
this.

when your towing a boat or something real heavy behind you, it is a huge advantage to not roll backwards on hills.
I've towed over 10k lbs every day for 11 years. I've been fine without it this long. I usually drive my powerstroke or cummins so its incredibly annoying to hop in the Chevy and be like wtf mate why won't it go. I drove the 3500 and it does have but it doesn't work as harshly as the 1500. Seems to apply less I guess you could say. It still rolls backwards just slow for the 2 seconds. If I could turn it off I would without a doubt.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #61
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Norm, I posted up earlier that an improvement on this HSA is going to be made for the '14s...Saw it in a thread or it was an interview with the re-fresh thing...Can't seem to find it now...lol..

...Anyway, if it's a re-programming thing, it might be do-able on the 13s once they figure it out....
I saw something in a thread, and that it was NOT going to be available as a backfit to the 2013. That doesn't mean that an electronic tweak is impossible.

Norm
Old 04-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #62

Just saw a thread from a guy who figured out a way to "dis-able" HSA...then his thread mysteriously disappeared...lol...????...oh, well...
Old 04-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #63
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
HSA is doable but it sucks...

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Old 04-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #64
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
I have a 13 and its truly a NUSANCE, it locks the wheel in both directions, so as the OP explains your trying to go but the system locks everthing when it releases you get spin, i and feels like your jerking the car

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #65
daytripper

Drives: IOM 2012 1SS m6
I obviously dont have HSA on my 2012 Camaro. I do have it on my '13 Shelby GT500. I am in E.TN with lots of hills. It works flawlessly and can be turned off by owner.
I like it !
daytripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:53 AM   #66
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
I obviously dont have HSA on my 2012 Camaro. I do have it on my '13 Shelby GT500. I am in E.TN with lots of hills. It works flawlessly and can be turned off by owner.
I like it !
It works differently in the Mustang.
You'd no doubt hate it on your Camaro
Old 04-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #67
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

A few complaints concerning HSA have surfaced on the Mustang forums - I copied the procedure for turning it off from one forum and pasted it to a thread on another forum only yesterday.

But it's nothing like the commotion that goes on here. Not even close.

Norm
Old 04-30-2013, 02:27 AM   #68
Lickwid Apex
OD

Drives: '18 Challenger R/T
Send a message via Yahoo to Lickwid Apex
I apologize for resurecting an old thread. Every google search I attempt leads me back to Camaro5 and a handful of threads of 2013 owners who want to know how to disable or remove this 'feature'.
Subscribed.
I was unaware HSA even existed until I stalled on a hill because of it and was almost love tapped from behind. I don't need this. I want to turn it off.
Lickwid Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:55 AM   #69
45THanniversarySS
Builder of fast cars

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniverary Edition
ok this is what you do (dont really take my advise unless ur a bada$$ like me) when the cop pulls you over, act drunk...when he ask you to step out, you get out, cock back your strong hand and chop him in the throat for wasting your time.

or option number 2 (my personal favorite) Show that mother F'er how you drive and what a camaro can do...Because i bet he is either in a crown vic or that 4 door wanna be muscle car, whats that thing called...hmmmm, o yea the charger (honestly what was dodge thinking?) and we all know how good pigs drive...and fly...and if your a cop and this offends you just calm down its a joke but if you pull me over be ready to get a judo chop lol
Old 04-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #70
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Well that's probably not a good answer, 45th. Violence doesn't solve hill brake assist problems.
The hill brake on my 83 subaru station wagon worked very well. It released as soon as you let the clutch off and away you went. Do I need help with this? Not really. I drove the car for 3 years before I found a great subaru mechanic who saw that it wasn't working and fixed it for me. Did it change how I drove? Not really, but it was a cool feature. If you roll back into someone on a hill it's their fault anyway for being too close.
I've never gotten to drive the Camaro with hill brake but it sounds like they didn't quite get it right.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote