Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-23-2020, 10:08 PM   #1
daktah

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ss 1le
dual wbo2 with nbo2 outputs?

broke down and bought an mpvi2, so now i probably need some widebands to go with it so i can actually do something useful other than drivability improvements and moar decel pops. i have a pair of questions;
1st, what dual wbo2 setups have a gauge AND have a dual narrowband output? the only one i can find is ZEIRTRONIX ZT-4, has anyone used it? i would have liked the innovate dlg1 because of the nice oled screen, but it cant do nbo2.
2nd question is has anyone used a nb sim output to actually drive the ecu? how hard was it to set up and how is it working out? i want to just plug them into the primary o2 bung rather than weld in another bung, its just easier since i will have stainless long tubes and i cant tig nor do i want to pay someone, and i will be catted so downstream or even a pipe sniffer (which would be far easier and cheaper) isnt an option.

Stock + Speed Engineering 1 7/8 LTHs w/ TSP HFCs, Roto-Fab CAI, Innovate DLG1/LC2 Dual WBo2, Smoked Wicker Bill, Self Tuned w/ HPTuners
daktah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:07 PM   #2
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by daktah View Post
broke down and bought an mpvi2, so now i probably need some widebands to go with it so i can actually do something useful other than drivability improvements and moar decel pops. i have a pair of questions;
1st, what dual wbo2 setups have a gauge AND have a dual narrowband output? the only one i can find is ZEIRTRONIX ZT-4, has anyone used it? i would have liked the innovate dlg1 because of the nice oled screen, but it cant do nbo2.
2nd question is has anyone used a nb sim output to actually drive the ecu? how hard was it to set up and how is it working out? i want to just plug them into the primary o2 bung rather than weld in another bung, its just easier since i will have stainless long tubes and i cant tig nor do i want to pay someone, and i will be catted so downstream or even a pipe sniffer (which would be far easier and cheaper) isnt an option.

I actually use Zeitronix Zt4 and I have it to read directly to my Ngauge however it reads as 1 value, either I need to have mine upgraded or I could benefit with a gauge just for the AFR. But I got it like this to datalog the car and see what's going on when I'm driving.

TSP Stage 2 Boosted Cam 227/235 at 114 LSA
Fore Innovation Triple pump staged (Walbro 342 primary and 2x Walbro 450 secondaries)
Procharger D1x with a 3.85 pulley
ID1050x Injectors
Flex Fuel Sensor
Monster LT1 Twin Disk Clutch
Holley Sniper Efi Intake Manifold
NW 103mm Boosted TB
747rwhp at 12psi on E85
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:03 AM   #3
daktah

delete

Stock + Speed Engineering 1 7/8 LTHs w/ TSP HFCs, Roto-Fab CAI, Innovate DLG1/LC2 Dual WBo2, Smoked Wicker Bill, Self Tuned w/ HPTuners
Old 05-27-2020, 08:05 AM   #4
daktah

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrmoreira13 View Post
I actually use Zeitronix Zt4 and I have it to read directly to my Ngauge however it reads as 1 value, either I need to have mine upgraded or I could benefit with a gauge just for the AFR. But I got it like this to datalog the car and see what's going on when I'm driving.
Do you use the narrowband Sim or no? If so how well does it work?

I ended up shooting an email to innovate asking if the LC 2 can't do narrowband, the guy replied that it can because the brown wire is 1 volt output. This is strange because the documentation lists it as an analog output, and narrowband is a digital hi/lo signal. This tells me that sales or whoever that answered my email don't actually know how their products work other than the brochure which isn't entirely unexpected but disappointing nonetheless.