Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-17-2011, 09:32 AM   #29
427Carl
427CARL

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6speed
Send a message via Yahoo to 427Carl
I hate it for you guys that only drive yours a few months

It started snowing here Dec 1 and has not stopped...

I moved my baby out once for a photo, and had to get neighbors to come and help push it in... The 275/40R-20's won't grip.....

maybe I'll take your advice and go get it out... Its in the "garage" "behind the covered RV trailer" in the last photo.....
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #30
camarocpa

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
Your bank sucks then. I just keep comprehensive on it and the credit union only asked me to send in the info on when and how long I will be keeping in storage. Sounds like you need to explain things better to your bank cause they will allow it. Who are you with?

Chase.
camarocpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #31
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Although I do wish I had a garage to put Ruby in instead of just a carport, I just do not know how you guys can stand going so long without driving your Camaros. Especially given the way these cars love to go fast when the air is cold! Guess us V6 folks do have a few advantages over V8's...like all weather tires!.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:13 AM   #32
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Beautiful Sunny day here in the 50's already, but no Camaro driving for me, the roads are all wet from all the melting snow and still full of the sand and salt.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #33
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn18 View Post
^ tHIS...............I never understood why people treat these cars like they are 100k + Supercars. They were built to be driven. I drive mine everyday in any weather. I have some Adams products here to make sure he stays nice and clean. I hate it for you guys that only drive yours a few months per year..........You are really missing out
You wouldn't drive it everyday in this weather, unless you wanted to watch it go down the road on a hook. Why do I park mine for 4 months? Because I can. And this summer it will still look brand new while all those winter drivers will look like they've been driven through a media blaster. Salt doesn't roll off the road just because it's sunny for one day. See ya in the spring

Last edited by ZED SLED; 02-17-2011 at 12:46 PM.
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #34
camarocpa

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
^ tHIS...............I never understood why people treat these cars like they are 100k + Supercars. They were built to be driven. I drive mine everyday in any weather. I have some Adams products here to make sure he stays nice and clean. I hate it for you guys that only drive yours a few months per year..........You are really missing out

Unless I ever hit the lottery, this car IS my100k supercar. I will treat it that way.
camarocpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #35
stevea

Drives: just a car
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
Expect for the occassional snow/ice storms this year down here in NC, I've been driving my SS all winter. Gotta love the southern weather.
You got that right! I think I had maybe 5 or 6 days mine stayed home due to the brine spray they use here. The rest of the time it's driven every day.
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #36
tjudah87

Drives: 16 Camaro 1LT SIM
Yeah I have driven mine every day it didn't snow. It's in the 60's now, can't wait to leave work in a couple hours.
tjudah87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #37
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
finish my two day driving spree, washed her thoroughly and tucked her away :o) she looks awesome and I like to think we both are better for it. Might take her out again monday if the weather continues above normal. And yes she loves cool air, almost expect the asphalt to buckle under her rear tires, she really digs in when it's like this!!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint

Last edited by jshaf; 02-17-2011 at 06:34 PM.
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #38
PhoenicianB
Beep Beep.........

Drives: Bumbleblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
drove her before winter was over, the weather was too nice to resist. 60 degrees. after having not driven her for the better part of 3 1/2 months it was awesome to wind it out. absence makes the heart grow fonder

" The Unthinkable" for me is not driving any of my cars for 3 months
Old 02-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #39
PhoenicianB
Beep Beep.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
You wouldn't drive it everyday in this weather, unless you wanted to watch it go down the road on a hook. Why do I park mine for 4 months? Because I can. And this summer it will still look brand new while all those winter drivers will look like they've been driven through a media blaster. Salt doesn't roll off the road just because it's sunny for one day. See ya in the spring

If you take care of your car....even in the winter....it can look brand new. I can, but don't park any of my cars....because I can afford to

To each his own.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:10 PM   #40
PhoenicianB
Beep Beep.........

Quote:

+1
Old 02-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #41
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Need a few days of rain to wash it away...so much *uck* is still on the road.........
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #42
nwiabikr

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Drove it twice this week.
nwiabikr is offline   Reply With Quote