Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #57
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
The challenges with doing this if everything is too tight, is the possibility of breaking the strut shaft. That assembly has to be able to move when you make a turn.

mike
dms
That is only 1/2 of it i am using a pillow bearing I will have more pics of the other part on Friday, But the bearing's will be here next Tuesday.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:26 PM   #58
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
That is only 1/2 of it i am using a pillow bearing I will have more pics of the other part on Friday, But the bearing's will be here next Tuesday.
Really cool. I'm curious to see the finished product
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #59
kencarguy
kencarguy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS- Inferno Orange w/Black
I have been after GM Customer Service for several mionths, getting nowhere with GM Double-speak and non-answers, until last Thursday when a rep from GM called and said the had been in touch with Tech Services. They do not have a "fix" yet, and would not comment whether they have heard from others about this p[roblem. The good (?) news is that they offered to send me a letter of component coverage, basically extending my 3yr / 36,000 mi warranty to cover any issues relating to the
Suspension up to a total of 60 months from the purchase date, or 75k miles from current mileage ( 5k now)...... At least it is something! I am waiting to see what this letter says. I will posty again when I get it.

I rthink we all should demand at least this response from GM- to stand behind their product, until they recognize the problem exists, and re-engineer to correct it.

Thanks for continuing to share your experiences with this annoying problem.

Ken
KenCarGuy
IOM 2LT / RS
kencarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:31 PM   #60
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by kencarguy View Post
I have been after GM Customer Service for several mionths, getting nowhere with GM Double-speak and non-answers, until last Thursday when a rep from GM called and said the had been in touch with Tech Services. They do not have a "fix" yet, and would not comment whether they have heard from others about this p[roblem. The good (?) news is that they offered to send me a letter of component coverage, basically extending my 3yr / 36,000 mi warranty to cover any issues relating to the
Suspension up to a total of 60 months from the purchase date, or 75k miles from current mileage ( 5k now)...... At least it is something! I am waiting to see what this letter says. I will posty again when I get it.

I rthink we all should demand at least this response from GM- to stand behind their product, until they recognize the problem exists, and re-engineer to correct it.

Thanks for continuing to share your experiences with this annoying problem.

Ken
KenCarGuy
IOM 2LT / RS
Is your noise in the front or the rear?

Mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:13 PM   #61
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
TTT
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #62
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
The G8 guys have the same issue. It's cause they have piece of crap bushings on these cars. I had my car in the dealer a week ago cause one of them collapsed. GM fixed it...
Old 01-21-2010, 07:24 PM   #63
mamaro

Drives: '10 IOM 2LT/RS M6
:( Me too!

For me it has been one place, a right hand curve in the road, and the asphalt has been unevenly patched several times, and if I hit it just right, the noise is in the driver's side front, which is where the uneven road surface is. I described it to my husband, and he asked if it felt kind of like it was bottoming out on that side--and that is really a good description of how it feels and sounds, though it's not a pot hole, more of an unevenly raised surface. So far it's only been on that one road bump that it happens.
mamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:29 PM   #64
2Fast4U2010

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Does anyone have a copy of a service bulletin to post. Most dealers are not as informed, it's nice to give the copy to get the work done right away. Unless they have a bulletin all they do is just check the tightness.

Just like the spoiler bulletin. Thanks ahead of time.
2Fast4U2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:02 PM   #65
kencarguy
kencarguy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS- Inferno Orange w/Black
The noise is in the front on my car - BOTH SIDES... at any small bump or dip in the road surface... If you have ever driven a car with bad struts, you will know the sound.
I have received the Component coverage letter which gives warranty coverage beyond the 36 month / 36k miles bumper to bumper. However, it id not list the struts specificall as being covered, although it did specifically include a list of about 10 other parts. I have called GM Customer Service again and left a message for the Disreict Rep. that I want the strust to be included and a new letter sent. I will post when I get it.

I can share the text of the letter I received, if anyone wants to e-mail me directly.
kencarguy@msn.com.

By the way- What is the TSB about the spoiler? Can someone give me that info?

THanks!
Ken
KenCarGuy
kencarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #66
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
I hope to have some pics of the part we are making, i will be testing next week.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #67
pnyklr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencarguy View Post
By the way- What is the TSB about the spoiler? Can someone give me that info?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=spoiler
Old 01-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #68
wally572

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Guys check the G8 forums for the TSB's, Had to take my G8 back 6 times and to the point that the steering wheel was shaking severely due to bushing failure on the front control arms. Had to have all 4 replaced....so far that annoying sound and all the other issues have gone away.
wally572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:46 PM   #69
pnyklr

Like I said in my original post, the rental had 5000 miles on it and it had this problem. It would awful lame if the bushings are failing under 5000 miles. Guess when I change the oil I change the control arm bushings. :(

This issue is the ONLY thing holding me back from placing my order for a 5th Gen.

-Funk
Old 01-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #70
soonerfanru2

Drives: 2ss
Thumbs down new shocks still popping

Well they finally got my new shocks and installed. BUT still pops just the same. It has to be something else. Somebody tell me what we have to do to get this fixed right or will we have to live with the popping forever?
soonerfanru2 is offline   Reply With Quote