Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 11-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #99
R6P

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
So far I would say it isn't needed.
I had a '93 Olds Cutlass convertible that I put over 200,000 miles on, and never saw a need, or the hype for a wind screen... but then again, I don't have much hair left anyway
Name:  200,000.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  41.1 KB
I had almost as much fun with that car as my new Camaro
Great pics, keep 'em comming.

Last edited by R6P; 11-22-2010 at 06:29 PM.
R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #100
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Thanks for sharing the great pic's any others with the top up?
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #101
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Can't wait to see one in person.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #102
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
This sucks.....well actually not. I just put in my order for the same RJT with a grey interior and thought that this would be pretty unique ?
Oh well I love seeing this and can't wait for it to arrive !
Old 11-22-2010, 10:39 PM   #103
jcamere94z28

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3

Clearwater and maybe to Orlando but that's as far south as we are planning. But hope you have a great birthday.

Number 3... make sure you remember to tell me if you plan on coming to Orlando! I want to have that beauty on front of my lenses and show off those lines of the car with my photos!!!
jcamere94z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:57 AM   #104
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGLAT View Post
I've said it in an earlier post, and I'll say it again. The lack of an integrated tonneau cover is a deal killer for me. I put my top up and down on a daily basis, and there ain't no way I'm climbing out of my car to put on and take off a manual tonneau cover every time.

I absolutely hate the unfinished look of a convertible folded up into a big hole with nothing hiding it. It's just my opinion, but after driving a BMW 3-series the integrated tonneau cover becomes something that you just can't give up.

Sorry, Chevy, you lost me.

See Ya!

AGLAT
BMW can charge as much as they want for things like integrated power tonneau covers because they're BMW. GM needs to keep this car relatively affordable, and once you start tacking on things like this, the price starts creeping up towards Cadillac levels.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #105
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
I've said it in an earlier post, and I'll say it again. The lack of an integrated tonneau cover is a deal killer for me. I put my top up and down on a daily basis, and there ain't no way I'm climbing out of my car to put on and take off a manual tonneau cover every time.

I absolutely hate the unfinished look of a convertible folded up into a big hole with nothing hiding it. It's just my opinion, but after driving a BMW 3-series the integrated tonneau cover becomes something that you just can't give up.

Sorry, Chevy, you lost me.

See Ya!

AGLAT
Honestly the only reason I put it on is to avoid this. I don't think it looks bad at all.

That being said, I appreciate your opinion. Yes it would be nice to have an integral power cover.

BUTTTTT, that adds mass and cost to the car and people have already been b$%^ing about that too.

This is one of those things that is hard to make everyone happy.

THE competition for this car is the Mustang. Not BMWs with folding hard tops.

Like everything else, this was done by choice knowing that customers like wouldn't be happy.

This remains an awesome convertible. And it does convertible stuff with style.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:22 AM   #106
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Valdosta. Seems like we were just here.
Quote:
We have arrived at our destination. Need to get some dinner after today's driving pleasure.

All I can say is all of you guys that have been holding out for the convertible..............it will be worth the wait.
Quote:
Just got back from Clearwater Beach. Met up with Camaro X and his family so they could see the car. I'll let him post up his impressions. He has a sweeeeeeeet IOM with some nice mods, including a back up camera and monitor.

But I will say this, driving down there and back with the top down, all I am thinking is how hard it would be to sell the Sky. This car is just such an awesome cruising machine. Top down, 72 degrees, music on and Mrs. Number 3 in the passenger seat makes for a very nice ride indeed. By the way Mrs. Number 3 thinks this is a weenie mobile because it has an automatic transmission.

You may not like convertibles, but there is no way anyone that comes to this web site wouldn't love to drive this car on a nice night like tonight. Simply a joy.

Solid, wind buffeting not much more than the nice warm Florida breeze, I am liking this car verrrrry much!!!!!!

Hmmmm, seems like you mad awfully good time. So good to see you on the road again with another awesome car. Thanks again for stopping by VA on your way. Have a great Thanksgiving, enjoy the car and have a safe and wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing the car with all of us.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:34 AM   #107
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
BMW 3 series and Chevy Camaro ??? Not a great comparison. I have owned both and they are very different cars, sport sedan (and I would only consider the m-series) versus an muscle car. Got to say that until the past few years the BMW soft tops were actually not all that great. Very noisy and leaky compare to others in the same category. I hope the Camaro vert is quiet and leak free but I am getting it because of the top down pleasure it brings to me !
Old 11-23-2010, 07:40 AM   #108
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Enjoy the Turkey and golfing... and thanks for the top down updates....

...don't forget the wheel locks on this one.....
Old 11-23-2010, 07:48 AM   #109
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota
Thx very much for the pics
Happy bird day !
Have a safe trip home.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:10 AM   #110
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Enjoy the Turkey and golfing... and thanks for the top down updates....

...don't forget the wheel locks on this one.....
Old 11-23-2010, 11:42 AM   #111
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota
Quote:
FWIW -- My first car was a '68 camaro with a 327 and a Hurst 4 speed, back in 1981. I'm 45 now, and I really like the modern retro design of the new camaros. I was seriously ready to buy the new convertible if it met all of my critical requirements: independent rear suspension, rear wheel drive, tight chassis, glass rear window, soft top, hard tonneau cover, usable trunk, 4 seats.

It meets all of the above requirements except for the hard tonneau cover. It's a shame, I was really liking this car.

Note that I am not interested in any of the hard top convertibles, primarily because I drive with the top down 90% of the time and need a usable trunk.

AGLAT
Even if it was a hard tonneau cover, you would have had less room in the trunk, they take more room, the Camaro trunks are small to start with even on a coupe. if its room in the trunk you need in a vert Camaro would not be a choice IMO. Number 3 stated this earlier.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #112
Camaro X

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
I’ve had 2 convertibles without hard covers. I didn’t have a problem driving around without a cover, when I knew I was going to raise the top when I arrived at my destination or even if I left the top down. The sound, wind, performance, and safety did not change without a cover on. No one ever asked me how I could possibly drive my car around without a cover. If I knew I was going to leave the top down for an extended time I would put the cover on. If I could spare the couple of minutes and thought about it. And has been said before, you will loose more trunk space.

We all have specific desires when selecting a car. If having a hard cover is a must for you, enjoy your BMW.
Thanks for stopping by and expressing your interest in the 2011 Camaro Convertible.
2012 ZL1 #115 SIM M6
Camaro X is offline   Reply With Quote